ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

I really think that the biggest benefit of this is that Thompson can now take a redshirt. Him being able to have training partners like Plott, Hamiti, and FIsh will definitely benefit him and have him take the mat in 2025/26 with very strong AA expectations. If OK State ends up getting Hendrickson, Top 3 in the team race should be bare minimum expectations for this team.

I 100% agree I see 133 as the spot for a transfer if Hughes can’t hold 133 consistently but my hope and thinking is it’s Hughes because there are some good 133 transfers and I don’t think we’re in on any of them

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Only good transfer for 133 would be if someone like Nasir Bailey is in portal. I don't think he is going anywhere else. Hopefully we get one year of Huges in 133 and we should go from there.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Connor mcgonagle from Lehigh is in the portal. Presseason top 10 but lost his spot to crookham. He wrestled in the all star matches. I think he AAs next year, but so does Hughes if he’s at 133

Any new news on Hendrickson?
I haven't heard anything new.

So Lockett coming in next year. Assuming he's 65 or 74 but do we have any good recruits (long term solutions coming in around those weights) besides him? We're still going to be hurting at whatever weight he doesn't go? There's no one on the roster that looks like a viable option, at least not yet?

Reactions: bwel9339
I haven't heard anything new.

So Lockett coming in next year. Assuming he's 65 or 74 but do we have any good recruits (long term solutions coming in around those weights) besides him? We're still going to be hurting at whatever weight he doesn't go? There's no one on the roster that looks like a viable option, at least not yet?
Its definitely a recruiting need that needs to be addressed in the next year. Depending on which weight Lockett is at, either 165 or 174 appear to be long term holes to fill. There is always the portal but it only seems to address short term needs. And Thompson is still a wait and see piece so there could potentially be a issue filling that role as well. We only have a small sample size with Robb, although I like what I've seen from him but can he ever be a high AA caliber guy?

Its definitely a recruiting need that needs to be addressed in the next year. Depending on which weight Lockett is at, either 165 or 174 appear to be long term holes to fill. There is always the portal but it only seems to address short term needs. And Thompson is still a wait and see piece so there could potentially be a issue filling that role as well. We only have a small sample size with Robb, although I like what I've seen from him but can he ever be a high AA caliber guy?
Robb has looked promising but I don't see him down at 74.

I think Robb is expected to replace Plott. As far as 174/165 goes, we potentially have BT (hopefully matures well) and Lockett. If BT doesn’t work out I think the portal will continue there, which based off Izzy, Hamiti, Fish we can all be totally ok with IMO.

Also, don’t forget about Heeg if he stays. If BT doesn’t improve and Heeg does could see him taking over from Hamiti. Would have 3 years left too.

Rutgers by all his x likes
agreed, he RT Goodale’s tweet(Rutgers HC) about “more to come” in ref to their recruiting class, then quote tweeted it, per his Twitter interactions I agree it’s a done deal. Seemed he had it lined up before decommitting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT