ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Then he's already taken. Hamiti would be a great pick up. Gotta be honest though, I hate some of the talk I've seen in the past of getting a guy for 1 year and then the spot is "open" for Lockett. Get a stud with 3 years or so. Let Ladarion earn it. We need a damn 74 just as badly.
This is a stupid comment. Everybody earns their spot even Lockett which I don’t think will be an issue. We will let Hamiti know how you feel .

This is a stupid comment. Everybody earns their spot even Lockett which I don’t think will be an issue. We will let Hamiti know how you feel .
What in the actual cornbread F are you talking about? Im stoked we got Hamiti you moron. I was just referring to what I'd heard some people say in the past. There are those that believe we should leave the spot "open" for Lockett. It goes w/o saying Dee would have to earn the spot but give me a break, there are different levels to that "earning the spot". Not like Thompson had to work all the hard to earn his spot now did he lmao? Not when compared to someone like Jordan Williams. Hamiti was a good get and again I'm stoked but I also love getting stud transfers w/ multiple years like Spratley and Jamison. Thats my point and why what I said was NOT a stupid comment nor was it a slight against Dean, although you'd probably love for it to be.

Somebody on RA’s site has Hughes starting. at 141 next yr

Did I read in another post or this one saying Nasir Bailey was coming to Ok State? I have not even seen him listed in the portal.

Reactions: Dobsie
Did I read in another post or this one saying Nasir Bailey was coming to Ok State? I have not even seen him listed in the portal.
All of that is wishful thinking right now and has been out there in sort of a joking fashion.

That said, if he is in the portal, it seems irresponsible not to take him.

Last edited:
All of that is wishful thinking right now and has been out there in sort of a joking fashion.

That said, if he is in the portal, it seems irresponsible not to take him.
The kid had an amazing year. I am really hoping Hughes can make the cut to 133. I think with him there, that gives us the best lineup.

Reactions: bwel9339
I assume Hughes will be wrestling at the US open in a few weeks, so we can gauge our weight beliefs better based off that maybe...

During the season Jamison wrestled 12 of the 14 topped ranked guys (rankings right before B12s) and was close with everyone. Granted he crapped the bed at NCAAs.

Hearing Saldate might be off the board but there’s another in the mix.

Not Saldate
Maybe he meant Hendrickson! Him in the room would make Merrill and Carroll so much better! So who sits out? Doucet gets pinned by Hen, Surber and Carroll wrestle off, and Merrill and Carroll get better with Hen in the line up? My line up if Hendrickson is there, Feldman wrestled Kerk the closest. Carroll wrestled Feldman close a few years ago. HenDOG and Carroll together in the same lineup with Cody there, SHIT!, the rest of the heavier weights are in trouble!

125: Spratley
133: Hughes
141: Jamison
149: Williams
157: Travis
165: Transfer
174: Hamiti
184: Plott
197: Carroll
Hwt: HenDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he meant Hendrickson! Him in the room would make Merrill and Carroll so much better! So who sits out? Doucet gets pinned by Hen, Surber and Carroll wrestle off, and Merrill and Carroll get better with Hen in the line up? My line up if Hendrickson is there, Feldman wrestled Kerk the closest. Carroll wrestled Feldman close a few years ago. HenDOG and Carroll together in the same lineup with Cody there, SHIT!, the rest of the heavier weights are in trouble!

125: Spratley
133: Hughes
141: Jamison
149: Williams
157: Travis
165: Transfer
174: Hamiti
184: Plott
197: Carroll
Hwt: HenDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your getting close but there will be some more

He’s solid. Add him to a couple other names that are being throw around and next season will be wild if we get them all!
Also throw him in a room where he is Wrestling Hamiti, BT, Lockett, etc. and that should add a few wins to his normal win\loss record.

Plus, if Hamiti can do well and get into the finals or at worst 5th, if he wins one match at NCAAs, its a net positive from what was produced from these two weights this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT