ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

My question with the transfers is, did Iowa release kids this week after they paid Buchanan and Teemer to come in? Or was Glazier a grad student also? He won some good matches last year. I hope he busts Iowa's ass!!!!!
Believe he had already completed his 5th year but mightve been eligible for 6th due to covid.

Did I miss the news of Bradley Hill transferring to Oklahoma? On wrestlestat he is on the Sooners roster and listed as their starter at 197. I do not remember ever seeing him in the portal. Now I am totally confused. Did Iowa let him out of his commitment, because he is only listed as a Sophmore.

If you are released from your scholarship, you can transfer immediately. See Jordan Williams as an example.
The courts have been involved in a few cases recently. If you didn't start school you can go anywhere you want and enroll. Basically the athletes are in control now. Things could change down the line but currently that's how many compliance offices read things.

The courts have been involved in a few cases recently. If you didn't start school you can go anywhere you want and enroll. Basically the athletes are in control now. Things could change down the line but currently that's how many compliance offices read things.

So those who are “grey” shirting are really free agents despite the LOI??

Why can’t the NCAA (the middleman) die already and leave the decision-making to the actual participants? Isn’t that ultimately where the courts are headed. The “market” has two players. The buyer and the seller. No need for a middleman.
The middleman (NCAA) was put in place by participating colleges to enforce fair play rules for everybody and without much surprise eventually morphed into a corrupt buffer for university presidents and administrations. The NCAA, while still corrupt, is becoming less and less of a buffer and eventually will be replaced with something representing the interests of both the universities and student-athletes. It would not surprise me if several schools find the path blazed many years ago by the University of Chicago and step away from big-time sports and concentrate on academics and participate in division 3 sports.

The middleman (NCAA) was put in place by participating colleges to enforce fair play rules for everybody and without much surprise eventually morphed into a corrupt buffer for university presidents and administrations. The NCAA, while still corrupt, is becoming less and less of a buffer and eventually will be replaced with something representing the interests of both the universities and student-athletes. It would not surprise me if several schools find the path blazed many years ago by the University of Chicago and step away from big-time sports and concentrate on academics and participate in division 3 sports.

I think some will, but probably only the ones that don’t see much marketing value from big time sports.

That’s really the main reason this monster continues to be associated with universities - the marketing aspect. I understand the argument that it’s really the money, but universities will take money from anyone willing to give it for whatever reason. The marketing and visibility aspect of athletics is what generates the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT