ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

You don't think that because why?
Because he wasn’t being chased. He was loyal and on the roster. People throw big money at new guys to lure them. Existing guys almost never get that money because they don’t have as much leverage without threatening to leave. That’s just how it goes. Everyone is dealing with that. As Willie said the other day… we will start seeing guys go in the portal just to negotiate.”

And because that was stupid money just 2 months ago. So stupid that we refused a NC asking for similar (if you believe what’s said). Things change fast.

Reactions: bwel9339
Because he wasn’t being chased. He was loyal and on the roster. People throw big money at new guys to lure them. Existing guys almost never get that money because they don’t have as much leverage without threatening to leave. That’s just how it goes. Everyone is dealing with that. As Willie said the other day… we will start seeing guys go in the portal just to negotiate.”
How do you know how much money the existing guys are getting? A national finalist on any roster is getting chased. Especially by the home team. That's what NIL and the Portal brought to college. Great isn't it?

How do you know how much money the existing guys are getting? A national finalist on any roster is getting chased. Especially by the home team. That's what NIL and the Portal brought to college. Great isn't it?
I think it takes a larger jump in faith for your assumptions rather than mine and I know for a fact that it’s been a problem at multiple other schools.

When a guy in the portal tells you that they want X to sign… and X is insane and more than what you’re already paying your national runner up (and other national champs for that matter)… you don’t run back and pay your other guys the same money that you didn’t want to spend in the first place (especially when those guys have already agreed to lesser deals.)

It kicked off a couple days ago. They’re all saying that Pearsall reached out to him. It’s more likely imo that … he’s pissed because Spencer won’t consistently practice with him and he’s watching Bob pay everyone but him. He looks down south and sees Fix, RBY and TG and reached out to Pearsall. Just my opinion
My sentiments exactly

Reactions: AtownPoke
The way the kid apologized to his supporters after being removed from the Ok State earned a fan in me forever.

If used correctly, the discipline and structure wrestling provides is how someone like JW turns it around and does great things in life because everything I hear is he is a tremendous kid who has some demons to battle.

Also for the record, Little Rock is way too good of a program to be used as some "Last Chance U" by kids. They're not hurting for talent and a lot of big high school talents are giving them a strong look already. However, I know Jordan strongly considered them during the process and I imagine that preexisting relationship where Coach Erisman knows him is how he earned this chance and I pray he makes the most of it.

But on the flip side, if JW reaches his potential combined with Little and Bailey (both with 3 years left) ... Little Rock is going to gain so much more momentum.

Six Iowa guys are looking for a new team. Not enrolled in classes. The Siebrecht father liked a tweet talking about the Iowa staff supposedly lying to them about recruiting Teemer.

Cade Siebrecht
Cobe Siebrecht
Drake Rhodes
Zach Glazier
Aiden Riggins
Bradley Hill

Apparently they aren't happy with being recruited over. This is gonna be more common in this new non-portal age. By that I mean, the judge who ruled on a case in February basically (and probably unknowingly) allowed boosters free access to any athlete anywhere. This is a real cluster. So hold on tight to your wrestlers because Slumlord Bob is probably whispering to them.

Unfortunately for these kids, they are largely room guys with dreams, and they are angry for various reasons. Not sure any are AA material, so can't blame Iowa much either.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339 and DPJ
So hold on tight to your wrestlers because Slumlord Bob is probably whispering to them.
Hypothetical conversation with Ok State Wrestler and DT about NIL money

Wrestler: "So coach, another school offered me 250K to go there"
DT: "And ...?"
(They stare at each other awkwardly for 30 seconds)
Wrestler: "Anyways, I'll see you at practice"
DT: "Good man"

Hypothetical conversation with Ok State Wrestler and DT about NIL money

Wrestler: "So coach, another school offered me 250K to go there"
DT: "And ...?"
(They stare at each other awkwardly for 30 seconds)
Wrestler: "Anyways, I'll see you at practice"
DT: "Good man"
There is more than an "and" to that response. it can go two ways if I'm DT. One, I have an alternative, so I talk about culture, training, progression, school quality, etc in hopes of talking him off the ledge. Two, I need this freaking guy. I may have a similar speech and if I think he is still wavering, I may ask for a couple days to get back to him, but let him know how important HIS future is to me.

I get what you are saying McScoreley, but I think this is all new territory and this is a seller's market. I think teams need to shield themselves from the Slumlords of the world by paying their important guys the most that they can. Don't let anything infiltrate the team that you cannot control.

Six Iowa guys are looking for a new team. Not enrolled in classes. The Siebrecht father liked a tweet talking about the Iowa staff supposedly lying to them about recruiting Teemer.

Cade Siebrecht
Cobe Siebrecht
Drake Rhodes
Zach Glazier
Aiden Riggins
Bradley Hill

Apparently they aren't happy with being recruited over. This is gonna be more common in this new non-portal age. By that I mean, the judge who ruled on a case in February basically (and probably unknowingly) allowed boosters free access to any athlete anywhere. This is a real cluster. So hold on tight to your wrestlers because Slumlord Bob is probably whispering to them.

Unfortunately for these kids, they are largely room guys with dreams, and they are angry for various reasons. Not sure any are AA material, so can't blame Iowa much either.
Only Glazier and Cobe feel they were recruited over. The others obviously look at Arnold and Kueter and feel they won't be starters for awhile. Everyone knows the rules and can play by them as well. Raising $ is one of the most important things for a coach currently. NIL will hurt wrestling because only 10 guys start it's not like other sports where you get playing time coming off the bench. If NIL continues depth on a roster will be a thing of the past. Also most slumlords don't own buildings on ski hills all over Colorado

There is more than an "and" to that response. it can go two ways if I'm DT. One, I have an alternative, so I talk about culture, training, progression, school quality, etc in hopes of talking him off the ledge. Two, I need this freaking guy. I may have a similar speech and if I think he is still wavering, I may ask for a couple days to get back to him, but let him know how important HIS future is to me.

I get what you are saying McScoreley, but I think this is all new territory and this is a seller's market. I think teams need to shield themselves from the Slumlords of the world by paying their important guys the most that they can. Don't let anything infiltrate the team that you cannot control.
DT in the long run will follow the model Cael is right now. Notice the entire PSU team just signed deals with the collective. Plenty of NIL money to go around for loyal kids from the champs to the room guys. In addition to camps, outside sponsorships and individual ventures. Neither coaches are going to get in bidding wars for individual wrestlers.

Jordan is actually a good hearted kid. I think it will do him some good to get a bit away from home. Hoping for the best for him. Frankly, i love the kid.
I'm not saying that it might, could or should happen, but what are the possibilities (as to NCAA rules) of his returning to OSU.

Prob little early to be asking but ... the NCAA has no rules ... you can transfer anytime and anywhere. ;_;
My question with the transfers is, did Iowa release kids this week after they paid Buchanan and Teemer to come in? Or was Glazier a grad student also? He won some good matches last year. I hope he busts Iowa's ass!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT