ADVERTISEMENT

ncaa - day 2

Yeah...we're not winning anything soon. This team won't even podium this year. Talk about laying an egg

#1 seed moore for tosu gets stuck by the kent guy that weigel lost to yesterday

I'm pulling for the biggest upset in OSU history in the HWT match. :)

White dropped a 6-3 DEC to Snyder. That is the closest match that Snyder has had so far in the NCAA. White impressed me and would have been closer if he wouldn't have stalled so much.

These post match interviews are so informative.

"Wrestling hard"

Snyder, "yeah"

So informative.

Although Shelton over Dr. Death I think is still my fathers all time favorite upset.

Too bad he didn't see Bill Harlow beat Luke Sharp. Don't know how it ranks with Shelton vs. Death, but it was the most memorable sports event I've ever seen.

Picc didn't wrestle long enough to complain.
Brock, my favorite wrestler reminded me of a junior high consolation semifinals match with two kids that haven't Wrestled long.
Heil, should've won, I enjoyed the bout.
Boo, well, I ain't mad at him.
Chandler looked sick.
Smith looked sick.
White looked sick, and should've done more to win.

I haven't felt this way about an NCAA performance since JO was Wrestling.

What for this time?

My personal favorite match was JH beating the Michigan wrestler at the NCAA's in OKC. Our seats just happened to be in the Mich section. Pretty sure my mom thought I was going to get in a fight with all of them :)

Getting deducted a team point after losing a close match to Kyle freakin Snyder is something else.

They should had out shots for people watching Roger's matches. So nerve wracking

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Let’s go get 7 wins next session and salvage something.

Good to see Smith and Chandler respond on the backside. I’ll be interested to see how Heil responds.

Reactions: osu2082
Thank you, Jacobe Smith, for the least stressful match of the day, take a victory lap young man.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
He alternates between my favorite and least favorite OSU wrestler about 6 times each time he wrestles.

Agreed, now all he has to do to AA is beat #4, Chad Walsh, Rider, (rec 26-2) and then. I believe Chandler can beat anyone. After that it's beat Marsteller to get to the CON Semi.

I believe that if healthy, Jacobe would have no trouble defeating Lujan. Hopeful his knee is good enough.
I think he is better now than at Big 12, and he could have one that match if not for a couple mental lapses. I think we are in good shape to push all 7 forward.

Picc has 8 seed Lizak
Brock has 10 seed Mueller
Heil has unseeded Chad Red
Boo has 6 seed Oliver
Chandler has 4 seed Walsh
Smith has 7 seed Lujan
White has 11 seed Hughes

Favored in 4 of the 7 and I sure hope we overperform!

Tonight's match-ups:

125 - (6) Piccininni vs. (8) Lizak (MN)
133 - (4) Brock vs. (10) Mueller (VA)
141 - (6) Heil vs. (NS) Red (NEB)
149 - (8) Lewallen vs. (6) Oliver (CMU)
165 - (9) Rogers vs. (4) Walsh (Rider)
174 - (13) Smith vs. (7) Lujan (UNI)
HWT - (9) White vs. (11) Hughes (HOF)

Needless to say, good matchups. Picc has chance at revenge, white can solidly an impressive year, heil can go out a winner and AA, and smith can avenge a loss in big 12. Boo will have to earn his AA too but think he will.

Picc has 8 seed Lizak
Brock has 10 seed Mueller
Heil has unseeded Chad Red
Boo has 6 seed Oliver
Chandler has 4 seed Walsh
Smith has 7 seed Lujan
White has 11 seed Hughes

Favored in 4 of the 7 and I sure hope we overperform!

One of DW’s 3 losses is to the Hofstra kid. It was only 1-0, so hopefully DW can avenge that loss to AA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT