MVC Open

C141A

Redshirt
Jan 16, 2004
C. Rogers & Weigel 1st
Blees 2nd
Cannon & Blaylock 3rd

Brackets on Track.

Anyone have an understanding why Blees gets pinned so often at 65. Is he just too small and gets muscled to his back. Rogers has pinned him twice in the 1st period if I remember right. I would not see him as a big 57 but maybe he is not. Any thoughts? Also Marsteller has not wrestled in the last 2 Opens anyone know why?

Would be interested to hear about Chance as well...

Very good to see Weigel back, healthy and apparently wrestling very well. We need him to develop into a top tier guy and he may push for a spot as early as next year.

Weigel is definitely a work in progress. He looks like he could lift a ton. From what I have seen however he has no offense to speak of on his feet and I am sure the coaches are working on this. He is very good in the top position. As far as pushing for a spot early next year that would depend on how much he progresses from now until next November. At this point I do not believe he is pushing either Bean or Schafer. Andrew Marsden is coming in next year ;but may transition to 285 if he grows this summer.

Chance is doing well in the room, working hard and getting better. With the better competition in the room, staying in Stillwater or going to a tournament (Blees and Rogers wrestling at 165 in that tournament) why go to the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT