ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller Is Losing Flynn, so He Indicts Russians

May have dreamed it, but I think Starr resigned and someone else took his place. The Whitewater investigation ended because the Act that authorized the Office of Independent Counsel expired.

I don’t think so on the Starr resignation. Starr actually released a report of his final findings in 1998. You may be thinking of the fact that Starr was actually the replacement for the original Whitewater investigator whom resigned.

I don’t think so on the Starr resignation. Starr actually released a report of his final findings in 1998. You may be thinking of the fact that Starr was actually the replacement for the original Whitewater investigator whom resigned.

75% sure Ray somebody took over for Starr. I'll look it up in a minute when I get home

There is this....

February 1997
Kenneth Starr, the Independent Counsel investigating the Whitewater scandal, announces he will step down from the investigation. He then changes his mind and continues his investigations.

And this...

September 9, 1998
Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr releases his report to Congress. It has 11 possible grounds for impeachment. The House votes to make the 445-page report public.

Respectfully, I think you are mistaken.

Says he replaced Starr in 2000 and issued final reports.

Clinton was impeached in 1998 and acquitted in 1999.

Not sure how much of the actual investigating Ray actually would have himself done given that timeline, but good memory on you for pulling that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT