ADVERTISEMENT

Medicare for All

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
Bernie just released his plan and it has co-sponsorship from some of the other candidates. But I'm having trouble with one significant concept. All these medicare-for-all plans seem to imply that they eliminate the need for private insurance, yet every single person I know that has Medicare today has Medicare supplemental insurance to go with it. If you have Medicare for all, does this eliminate the need for supplementals?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/10/ber...or-all-bill-amid-2020-democratic-primary.html

A bullet in this story states:
  • Effectively end the private health insurance market
I find it strange that people talk like Medicare has fewer (or no) out of pocket expenses, when in reality it has significant OOP expenses and thus requires supplemental coverages to offset them.

Bernie just released his plan and it has co-sponsorship from some of the other candidates. But I'm having trouble with one significant concept. All these medicare-for-all plans seem to imply that they eliminate the need for private insurance, yet every single person I know that has Medicare today has Medicare supplemental insurance to go with it. If you have Medicare for all, does this eliminate the need for supplementals?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/10/ber...or-all-bill-amid-2020-democratic-primary.html

A bullet in this story states:
  • Effectively end the private health insurance market
I find it strange that people talk like Medicare has fewer (or no) out of pocket expenses, when in reality it has significant OOP expenses and thus requires supplemental coverages to offset them.

No such thing as "sweating the details" for a huge swath of liberal half-wits in this country. Just one more thing they perceive as being a right and any other option than "free for all" means they are being screwed by the man. Many of the cost issues could be solved fairly easily if the whores in congress did their jobs without worrying about be re-elected and receiving all the special interest money they need to stay elected. Universal TORT reform should also be part of the discussion.

Why does it seem that every damn liberal policy proposal always tries to mandate people participate in their policy? Personally I do not want government controlled healthcare and I am positive there are millions of other Americans that have the same opinion.

Why does it seem that every damn liberal policy proposal always tries to mandate people participate in their policy? Personally I do not want government controlled healthcare and I am positive there are millions of other Americans that have the same opinion.

You probably already know this but the only way there's a snowball's chance in hell that any of this could be paid for is with 100% participation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT