ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Doesn't Yet Have Votes To Block Witness

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-impeachment-witness-republican-votes-bolton-book

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...o-block-new-evidence-from-trump-trial-reports

McConnell is trying his hardest to keep this from being a real trial. But as of yet, he doesn't have the votes in his own caucus.

Come on Mitch, let 'em testify! Especially your fellow Republican John Bolton. What you worried about?
If it is that important, why didn’t the House have him testify?

If it is that important, why didn’t the House have him testify?

I will assume the "him" you are referencing is Bolton. And the House did want Bolton to testify. The sent him an official request asking him to testify but he declined at the time because the White House would not authorize his testimony. The White House was blocking his testimony. House Democratic leaders also claim that Bolton's lawyers threatened to sue the House if they subpoened him at that time.

Clearly, the House wanted him to testify. However, they also didn't want to play Trump's political game of delay (tying up the impeachment House hearings in the courts over Bolton's subpoena).

We have the trial now. Trials include witnesses. Put Bolton on the stand in front of the Senators (jury) and the American people. Let's hear what he has to say.

Last edited:
I will assume the "him" you are referencing is Bolton. And the House did want Bolton to testify. The sent him an official request asking him to testify but he declined at the time because the White House would not authorize his testimony. The White House was blocking his testimony. House Democratic leaders also claim that Bolton's lawyers threatened to sue the House if they subpoened him at that time.

Clearly, the House wanted him to testify. However, they also didn't want to play Trump's political game of delay (tying up the impeachment House hearings in the courts over Bolton's subpoena).

We have the trial now. Trials include witnesses. Put Bolton on the stand in front of the Senators (jury) and the American people. Let's hear what he has to say.
How many witnesses were there in Clinton Senate trial?

How many witnesses were there in Clinton Senate trial?

From what I remember, there were three (Lewinsky, Blumenthal, and Jordan). There may have been more, I am not 100% sure, I would need to research it. They were video-taped testimony (depositions) and not live testimony. Excepts from the taped testimony were played in the Senate.

Really though, does it matter what happened in the Clinton trial? To me, that is a somewhat of a deflection. Every trial is different. One trial may have three witnesses, another one, and another may have five, etc. I've never known of a trial not to have at least one though.

Frankly, in my opinion, the only reason someone would oppose witnesses at this point is because that person is worried the witnesses' testimony would seriously hurt Trump's defense. Especially with what we have now being reported regarding Bolten. The Senators have a resposibility to hear from at least Bolton. And others as well in my opinion.

Last edited:
From what I remember, there were three (Lewinsky, Blumenthal, and Jordan). There may have been more, I am not 100% sure, I would need to research it. They were video-taped testimony (depositions) and not live testimony. Excepts from the taped testimony were played in the Senate.

Really though, does it matter what happened in the Clinton trial? To me, that is a somewhat of a deflection. Every trial is different. One trial may have three witnesses, another one, and another may have five, etc. I've never known of a trial not to have at least one though.

Frankly, in my opinion, the only reason someone would oppose witnesses at this point is because that person is worried the witnesses' testimony would seriously hurt Trump's defense. Especially with what we have now being reported regarding Bolten. The Senators have a resposibility to hear from at least Bolton. And others as well in my opinion.
What if Senate says yes to witnesses, and they are:

Hunter
Joe
Schiff
Whistleblower
Vindmen’s brother

And that’s it. Good right?

What if Senate says yes to witnesses, and they are:

Hunter
Joe
Schiff
Whistleblower
Vindmen’s brother

And that’s it. Good right?

I have no problem allowing Trump's defense to call any witness they want. Including Joe Biden and Hunter Biden. But that also means the prosecutors are allowed to call the witnesses they want as well, including the Trump children.

I'm not afraid of the truth here. Are you?

btw, around 75% of Americans now support calling witnesses now. No wonder McConnell doesn't yet have the votes to block witnesses at a trial.

Last edited:
I have no problem allowing Trump's defense to call any witness they want. Including Joe Biden and Hunter Biden. But that also means the prosecutors are allowed to call the witnesses they want as well, including the Trump children.

I'm not afraid of the truth here. Are you?
I believe the Senate should do to Dems what the House did to Republicans.

no matter how fair the republicans make it, leftists like you will just find something else to be pissed about. The Republicans should just end it this week.

no matter how fair the republicans make it, leftists like you will just find something else to be pissed about. The Republicans should just end it this week.

So you ARE afraid of the truth. It is all about defending Trump and defeating the "leftists" . . . the Constitution and every other principle we hold dear be damned!

2/3rds of Americans disagree with you. Trump's former Chief of Staff disagrees with you. Doesn't matter does it?

It is truly sad how low you will go to defend a crook like Trump.

Last edited:
I’m for whatever pisses off the left. McConnell is under no obligation to play fair, I hope he bends every rule to stick it to the media and the democrats.

We didn’t vote for trump so we could have a corrupt partisan house impeachment and then a nice bipartisan senate trial. This is not the party of Romney and McCain grabbing ankles while the left laughs at them.

If the senate repubs play nice or even give in a little they are weak and should be thrown in the trash bin with Jeff the flake.

They need to thumb their nose at decorum, tradition and good faith just like the Dems have. McConnell better hold tight and promise to primary Romney if he tries to play pussy whipped.

Exactly. ZERO reason to even pretend this should be fair. Let’s just hurry up and get to the next democrat spit up.

So you ARE afraid of the truth. It is all about defending Trump and defeating the "leftists" . . . the Constitution and every other principle we hold dear be damned!

2/3rds of Americans disagree with you. Trump's former Chief of Staff disagrees with you. Doesn't matter does it?

What a fvcking joke.

Not a shock there. We all know you don't give d*** about the truth.

Individuals like you are destroying and making a mockery of the party of Lincoln.

I cared about it before the russia hoax. I cared about it when I trusted Nancy when she said she would only proceed if bipartisan. She lied to me so repubs are under no obligation to play fair with the leftist cabal.

Lincoln’s dead, the cult of trump is in charge now.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Nope...just had enough of the stupid games. We have 5 more years of your bullshit to deal with.

Not a shock there. We all know you don't give d*** about the truth or the Constitution!

Individuals like you are destroying and making a mockery of the party of Lincoln.

you don’t give a fvck about truth. If you did, you’d be bashing Schiff for his sham inquiry in the House. You want Trump removed because you know the left can’t beat him.

Must be nauseating that Trump wins every time.

He didn't win in 2018. He didn't win when he was impeached either.

But again, it is all about Trump winning right? Not the country and not the Constitution. HighStick said himself, it's all about the cult.

You guys continue to be exposed.

But again, it is all about Trump winning right? Not the country and not the Constitution. HighStick said himself, it's all about the cult.

Your constant denial of reality exposes you and your ilk.
Feb, 2021, get back to us then, if you have the onions to admit abject defeat.
We WON'T look for you.

Not one decent or moral person voted to impeach trump.

Ah shut your cakehole.
200.gif

Reactions: iasooner1
I’m for whatever pisses off the left. McConnell is under no obligation to play fair, I hope he bends every rule to stick it to the media and the democrats.

Playing right into Nan's hand. Delicious take. Make sure you call Midnighti Mitch's office again tomorrow with this gem.

Playing right into Nan's hand. Delicious take. Make sure you call Midnighti Mitch's office again tomorrow with this gem.

Oh god not this again. Nan is helpless and made to stammer her away across life’s finish line powered by vodka, narcissism and the financial interests of rabid liberal elites angrily trying to tear down the patriarchy.

What have Nancy’s big accomplishments been since she attached herself to dc like a leach? She is super rich, her town is quickly turning into a Kurt Russell movie while her super rich friends scream about social justice. She has been a major part of the overreaching government, outrageous over spending and the decline of Christian society of the past few decades.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Oh god not this again. Nan is helpless and made to stammer her away across life’s finish line powered by vodka, narcissism and the financial interests of rabid liberal elites angrily trying to tear down the patriarchy.

What have Nancy’s big accomplishments been since she attached herself to dc like a leach? She is super rich, her town is quickly turning into a Kurt Russell movie while her super rich friends scream about social justice. She has been a major part of the overreaching government, outrageous over spending and the decline of Christian society of the past few decades.
When you call in to the Rush show do they have a nick name for you?

Anybody remember CIP from the Rome show? Turns out Chad is a transplanted Okie too.

HIP... Harry in Perkins. Has a nice ring to it.

it's early...the repubs haven't started the waterboarding of repubs yet. They'll come around. But, I don't care if they even call witnesses. Let 'er rip. I already know who's side has the most at risk if that happens...and it won't.

When you call in to the Rush show do they have a nick name for you?

Anybody remember CIP from the Rome show? Turns out Chad is a transplanted Okie too.

HIP... Harry in Perkins. Has a nice ring to it.

DIP... David in Portland. A nickname you probably hear countless times a day.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT