ADVERTISEMENT

Major lineup changes coming this weekend!

The major changes coming end up being bad for the Cowboys. It is beginning to seem normal. Who knows how good Boo could have been without consistent injuries(he has been good even with the shoulder and whatever other physical problems he has had. I remember him his redshirt freshman year beating the Wyoming National runnerup and multiple times all American at 41. Feel sad for Weigel who really improved from the start where I remember seeing him at the Missouri open tournament his redshirt freshman year that we always went to and he looked sad.
Also you look at Joe and the knee problems have held him back for years. I think how frustrating this must be, being a Smith and not only can you not wrestle and practice like you would want but lots of times you can't wrestle period. I remember his freshman year he could actually push Nolf (nobody can push him now even without 1 knee).

are you sure he has a knee problem? Or that’s the only thing?

are you sure he has a knee problem? Or that’s the only thing?
I am not certain, and could be clueless but he has struggled with knee infection in the past which I remember a flow tape on Suriano saying he had this and it was the worst he has ever felt in his life.

I've heard it might be something other. It wouldn't surprise me if we said it was a nagging injury until they figure out what they want to do with him wrestling wise. Or it might really be an injury.

I've heard it might be something other. It wouldn't surprise me if we said it was a nagging injury until they figure out what they want to do with him wrestling wise. Or it might really be an injury.

He has had knee issues and then I also heard he got hurt pretty badly falling out of a tree stand hunting.

I'm stumped on what the lineup changes might be. Joe at 157 makes sense but isn't likely. Daton to 125 is understandable, but not good for the team (or Picc!).

The weigh-in sheets would show who started a descent plan. I've called our wrestling office several times in the past and demanded that they email me the weigh-in sheet within 24 hours of each dual & tournament. They keep hanging up on me. Rude.
Maybe they don't know who you are. Tell them you post on the message board and I am sure they will accommodate you.

Let the dead dog lie. I am! Injury or something else, we have a new 197 and I think he is going to have a great season.

Saw that Vito Arujau made the drop to 125 for Cornell as was rumored. I didn't think he looked all that great against Schwarm from UNI, but he still has to be considered a major finalist contender.

He beat Picc in freestyle this off season, I'd like to see them go at in folkstyle.

Saw that Vito Arujau made the drop to 125 for Cornell as was rumored. I didn't think he looked all that great against Schwarm from UNI, but he still has to be considered a major finalist contender.

He beat Picc in freestyle this off season, I'd like to see them go at in folkstyle.
Those 2 are very familiar with each other I’d love to see them in folk, it was his first time down considering that I thought he looked pretty good time will tell with more weigh ins but he hasn’t ever cut much weight in his wrestling career

Reactions: Wrassler17
Any big potential matchups for our guys this weekend? I know Wyoming is there but not sure what other teams. Last I checked, kind of a weak lineup of teams...

Ok State's backups are doing great both undefeated, Gfeller at 149 and Geer at 184, can't ask for more than that.

Any big potential matchups for our guys this weekend? I know Wyoming is there but not sure what other teams. Last I checked, kind of a weak lineup of teams...
American
Arizona State
Cal Baptist
Cal Poly
Cal State Bakersfield
Clackamas Community College
Embrey-Riddle Aeronautical
Fresno State
Grandview
Menlo
Michigan State
Minot State
Montana State – Northern
Oklahoma State
Old Dominion
Pacific
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
The Citadel
Umpqua
Wyoming

American
Arizona State
Cal Baptist
Cal Poly
Cal State Bakersfield
Fresno State
Grandview
Menlo
Michigan State
Minot State
Montana State – Northern
Oklahoma State
Old Dominion
Pacific
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
The Citadel
Umpqua
Wyoming
Thank you. Either way, our guys will get plenty of matches

Reactions: tfpoke
American
Arizona State
Cal Baptist
Cal Poly
Cal State Bakersfield
Fresno State
Grandview
Menlo
Michigan State
Minot State
Montana State – Northern
Oklahoma State
Old Dominion
Pacific
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
The Citadel
Umpqua
Wyoming

Heard there are a couple of wrestlers on Embrey-Riddle Aeronautical that are just out of this world.

Ok, sorry about that.

American
Arizona State
Cal Baptist
Cal Poly
Cal State Bakersfield
Fresno State
Grandview
Menlo
Michigan State
Minot State
Montana State – Northern
Oklahoma State
Old Dominion
Pacific
Simpson
Southern Oregon
Southwestern Oregon
Stanford
The Citadel
Umpqua
Wyoming
There should be some interesting matches for OSU in Qrts to Finals with ASU, Wyoming & Stanford. But perhaps as interesting if Lewallen is good to go will Gfeller go back to 141 or stay at 149 to challenge and will Joe wrestle and what weight. If one of these don't win the weight at Reno will they challenge a different weight at Shuffle? Could be interesting unless we again have 'no shows'.

There should be some interesting matches for OSU in Qrts to Finals with ASU, Wyoming & Stanford. But perhaps as interesting if Lewallen is good to go will Gfeller go back to 141 or stay at 149 to challenge and will Joe wrestle and what weight. If one of these don't win the weight at Reno will they challenge a different weight at Shuffle? Could be interesting unless we again have 'no shows'.

Really hope Boo can go and G can drop and push at 141.

Really hope Boo can go and G can drop and push at 141.
Flo is indicating Joe Smith will be at 74 along with Rogers and Wittlake. Also Jacobe Smith will be at 84 along with Montalvo. They also report that they believe Joe Smith is moving towards 65. They are indicating that Boo won't be there and Kaden will be 49. This is Flo's report on weight classes at Reno and 25 and 74 seem the toughest weight classes.

Reactions: osu2082
Flo is indicating Joe Smith will be at 74 along with Rogers and Wittlake. Also Jacobe Smith will be at 84 along with Montalvo. They also report that they believe Joe Smith is moving towards 65. They are indicating that Boo won't be there and Kaden will be 49. This is Flo's report on weight classes at Reno and 25 and 74 seem the toughest weight classes.

I think John felt like Boo might be able to wrestle at the scuffle.

Joe, Rogers and Smith at 165-184 and Geer bumping up seems like a very good situation if Preston is indeed out.

I think John felt like Boo might be able to wrestle at the scuffle.

Joe, Rogers and Smith at 165-184 and Geer bumping up seems like a very good situation if Preston is indeed out.
I agree but do we feel like Rogers and Jacobe have the horsepower up a weight?

Not real crazy about it if that's the plan.

IMO that made sense last April when Chandler and Jacobe had a full off season to bulk up for 174 & 184. With it being mid December already, I'd rather leave them alone and have Joe battle Bear & Marsden for the 184 spot. The only way it makes sense to me now is if Chandler is struggling to hold 165.

Not real crazy about it if that's the plan.

IMO that made sense last April when Chandler and Jacobe had a full off season to bulk up for 174 & 184. With it being mid December already, I'd rather leave them alone and have Joe battle Bear & Marsden for the 184 spot. The only way it makes sense to me now is if Chandler is struggling to hold 165.
The cut for Chandler is brutal he's doing it for the team he was at 86kg this summer and beat some good guys who are 184 now.Marsden didn't cert at 184

The cut for Chandler is brutal he's doing it for the team he was at 86kg this summer and beat some good guys who are 184 now.Marsden didn't cert at 184

IDK, maybe I'm missing something.

What would have happened if Preston didn't get hurt then? Would Chandler, Jacobe, and Dakota stayed 165-184, with Joe as a backup? Or was it always the plan to have Chandler at 174? And if that's the case, why not start the year with him at 174 and Jacobe at 184 (challenging Dakota)? They could have focused on getting bigger while Joe worked his way down to 165. Andrew Shomers & Jonce Blaylock could have covered 157/165 in some combination.

The thing I don't like about this is bumping up 2 senior returning AAs mid season for a guy that is injury prone. Hopefully it works out for everyone.

Flo has a post about weights for Reno. Looks like Joe and chandler will be at 174. Jacobe 184 and geer 197. Didn’t mention anyone at 165

That's 4 lineup changes so far, now wait for the 5th!
Why only 5? Fix to 157, Brock back to 33, Gfeller 41 & Boo back in at 49. Or maybe Boo 25 & Picc to 49, might as well mix em all up but let's at least leave White alone at 285. ;)

I agree but do we feel like Rogers and Jacobe have the horsepower up a weight?

Rogers will. He is a very big 165 and has a brutal cut to get there. He will bump up and fill out with very little issue.

Jacobe is the one from a size standpoint I worry about but he has the power to compete I believe.

Rogers will. He is a very big 165 and has a brutal cut to get there. He will bump up and fill out with very little issue.

Jacobe is the one from a size standpoint I worry about but he has the power to compete I believe.
And Jocobe may just need to tweak his style a bit, use his speed/quickness versus slower 184s but don't attempt the big power moves unless they make a mistake or gotta have pts late in 3rd.

Jacobe still at 174, they took a lot of guys. #1 seeds everywhere but 157 (Shomers #2), and 184 (Montalvo is #4 wrestling unattached). Jacobe and Joseph #1 and 2 at 174.

Seeds article on Flo says one thing (Chandler 165, Joe/Jacobe 174), article about the toughest weights in Reno, released after the seeds, says another (Chandler/Joe 174, Jacobe 184). No brackets yet. We shall see.

Seeds article on Flo says one thing (Chandler 165, Joe/Jacobe 174), article about the toughest weights in Reno, released after the seeds, says another (Chandler/Joe 174, Jacobe 184). No brackets yet. We shall see.
20 wrestlers. Chandler 165, Jacobe/Joe 174.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT