ADVERTISEMENT

John Smith Retires

Yeah and I think we would all do backflips if that happened so don’t take me wrong. I was just saying that if we are creating dream scenarios that I like DT slightly better.
Obviously we are comparing apples to apples with JB and Taylor. You bring up some good points about JB and the Stillwater culture. DT is such a program guy with PSU and he runs that youth club so getting him would be a chore. But I do agree that DT would probably be a better fit culture wise. I also think Dake would be as equally as touted as the other two.

I just think he has the it factor. His outlook and overall life priorities are pretty dang healthy imo and he doesn’t come off quite as disingenuous or ego filled as some of the other prominent guys. He also fits the OSU culture unlike someone like JB. I just think he’d resonate.

Interesting. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I just think he has the it factor. His outlook and overall life priorities are pretty dang healthy imo and he doesn’t come off quite as disingenuous or ego filled as some of the other prominent guys. He also fits the OSU culture unlike someone like JB. I just think he’d resonate.
I get what you're saying. From the outside looking in though it appears he has everything he wants in PA. Farm, M2 training center and the NLWC. He has to be next in line for Cael and I just dont see him uprooting his family to come here.

I get what you're saying. From the outside looking in though it appears he has everything he wants in PA. Farm, M2 training center and the NLWC. He has to be next in line for Cael and I just dont see him uprooting his family to come here.
Counterpoint would be that Cael was seemingly all ISU until he wasn’t and much like Cael… DT’s name and all that comes with that will follow him where ever he goes. Cael could go for a long while and DT could build something of his own much like Cael did. He could also just get started and still have the option of following Cael at that later date. I think the money and possibilities post Olympic career would be significant on top of everything else

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Obviously we are comparing apples to apples with JB and Taylor. You bring up some good points about JB and the Stillwater culture. DT is such a program guy with PSU and he runs that youth club so getting him would be a chore. But I do agree that DT would probably be a better fit culture wise. I also think Dake would be as equally as touted as the other two.
JB has verbalized that he never wants to coach college wrestling. He only likes free style.

Reactions: AtownPoke
@leecothran Do you have any insight as to if or when they will make the new head coaching hire and who they will bring in as a assistant if Coleman is the guy? Thanks!

I would expect an announcement next week. Chad has to interview a certain number of people and get BoR approval so it just takes some time. BoR met this morning and "appointments, reappointments, changes in salary, change in title, resignations, terminations, suspensions, retirement, personnel leaves, etc." is on the agenda.

You’d be hearing rumors of HC interviews by now if it wasn’t Coleman. I would guess they are just trying to fill in the gaps right now and being strategic about it.

Reactions: AtownPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT