ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa gonna make it Sunday

Ok. I'm supposed to board a plane from Anchorage, AK at 5:00am on Friday morning to Oklahoma City. What are the chances of this dual meet getting cancelled? I see they have already cancelled classes on campus. It would be an awful long and expensive trip to not even have this dual go down.

Ok. I'm supposed to board a plane from Anchorage, AK at 5:00am on Friday morning to Oklahoma City. What are the chances of this dual meet getting cancelled? I see they have already cancelled classes on campus. It would be an awful long and expensive trip to not even have this dual go down.
Cancelled classes? They don't start till Tuesday, how can you cancell something that isn't going on?

Cancelled classes? They don't start till Tuesday, how can you cancell something that isn't going on?

Weird. I was just checking the online Stillwater newspaper and it shows a bunch of cancellations for friday and saturday. Oklahoma State Univeristy and Stillwater Public schools were both on the list. I'm not from the area though. I guess I'll keep checking updates until I commit and jump on the plane. LOL

I called the ticket office and the ticket manager assured me that Iowa would arrive before the bad weather hits. I sure hope he is right as I have been looking forward to this match for months

Weird. I was just checking the online Stillwater newspaper and it shows a bunch of cancellations for friday and saturday. Oklahoma State Univeristy and Stillwater Public schools were both on the list. I'm not from the area though. I guess I'll keep checking updates until I commit and jump on the plane. LOL
Possibly intersession classes.

I'm sure he has the Hawks itenerary.
Saw, There will be ice today and Saturday in parts of the state but the temperature is forecast to go up slightly saturday evening and Sunday morning and then we will have rain which should get rid of any ice accumulation. There are no plans to cancel the dual. Iowa will be here and I hope you make it although I understand your concern.

I'd guess if

Pretty certain its a "campus closed" event, which means support staff don't need to come in, bus and other service not operating. Faculty, researchers etc. may still be on campus at work. Easier to close the campus when students not there and thus those driving in on rural roads don't have to worry about reporting.

I had planned to fly out for the dual, but besides the ice also forecast for low ceiling thru Sunday, with winter temps not going to happen, will be watching of FS &/or Flo.

Just heard from Saw. Sorry to hear he will be without his Dad but he gets to sit next to a legend in his own mind. Both Micco and the good fireman will be there so he gets to meet some of the family.

Reactions: tfpoke
All tickets general admission? When does ticket window open Sunday for those in the know?

Yes! Got into Stillwater around 7pm tonight and had dinner at Eskimo Joes. I'll be sitting next to some great cowboy fans on Sunday! Still can't believe how many swing matches there will be in this dual. I believe the only big favorites will be:
125- Gilman
141- Heil
165- Rogers

Here are my pics:
125- Gilman
133- Brock
141- Heil
149- Collica
157- Smith
165- Rogers
174- Crutchmer
184- Boyd
197- Weigel
285- Stoll

I may have some orange glasses on and it's probably unrealistic that osu wins all the close matches, but we do have home mat advantage. Realistically OSU could win 133 through 285, but probably not all in the same day:)

Reactions: oberebo
I'd say Weigel over Wilcke (4 over 25 in the latest Dual Impact Index) is probably more of a favorite than Heil over Carton (2 over 8 in the same rating).

Here's how the "abacus" has it:

125: Gilman major, 4-0 Iowa
133: Brock, 4-3 Iowa (toss-up)
141: Heil, 6-4 Oklahoma State
149: Collica, 9-4 Oklahoma State (toss-up)
157: Kemerer, 9-7 Oklahoma State
165: Rogers, 12-7 Oklahoma State
174: Crutchmer, 15-7 Oklahoma State (should be noted that they are separated by .004 in the latest rating...ultimate toss-up)
184: Brooks, 15-10 Oklahoma State (toss-up)
197: Weigel, 18-10 Oklahoma State
285: Stoll, 18-13 Oklahoma State (toss-up)

Yes! Got into Stillwater around 7pm tonight and had dinner at Eskimo Joes. I'll be sitting next to some great cowboy fans on Sunday! Still can't believe how many swing matches there will be in this dual. I believe the only big favorites will be:
125- Gilman
141- Heil
165- Rogers

Here are my pics:
125- Gilman
133- Brock
141- Heil
149- Collica
157- Smith
165- Rogers
174- Crutchmer
184- Boyd
197- Weigel
285- Stoll

I may have some orange glasses on and it's probably unrealistic that osu wins all the close matches, but we do have home mat advantage. Realistically OSU could win 133 through 285, but probably not all in the same day:)
Weigel is possibly the second biggest favorite, Wilke has looked good, but he is undersized.

Just sat in practice. Lots of fun to watch. If I had to pick 1 wrestler that stood out and was working his butt off it would be Nolan Boyd. Everyone had good energy. Didn't look like any of the starters were sick or injured. Really excited for tomorrow. Overheard John Smith say to FLO interviewers that win or lose tomorrow the teams preparation is good.

Reactions: poke sallet annie
Not sure what was said but whatever it was Eric didn't seem to take it very well. Terry seemed to be pretty vocal after the dual. I think Gillman was pretty mouthy as they were walking off.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Couldn't hear the words but it was obvious that after Terry said something Eric was motioning like he would meet Terry outside.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
I watched Topher Carton walk the mat to measure during warmups. His last step ended at the outer ring to his amazement as well

There is a big difference in what is allowed, I think it is 32-42 feet, so there is a possibility for drastically different sized mats. I just don't understand how that changes a match, both have to deal with the same dimensions.

I don't see what Iowa fans are bitching about; the smaller the mat, the more easily Iowa wrestlers can use their pushing skills to push their opponents off the mat, thus more opportunities for their coaches can scream for stalling and finally more quickly ware down the Ref to get those calls.

Not sure what was said but whatever it was Eric didn't seem to take it very well. Terry seemed to be pretty vocal after the dual. I think Gillman was pretty mouthy as they were walking off.
They were going at it from the get go. Terry kept using his hands to say "we will break you" and Eric was pointing to his arm muscles (not sure what either meant by it). But they were heated from the moment the teams walked onto the stage.

They were going at it from the get go. Terry kept using his hands to say "we will break you" and Eric was pointing to his arm muscles (not sure what either meant by it). But they were heated from the moment the teams walked onto the stage.

what a repugnant douche

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT