ADVERTISEMENT

iowa @ OSU

Prob worse case is Joe gassed, like he did in 3rd period of Princeton when believe 172, and gets beat. Thus lose both 65 & 74. Might be a reason we didn't see Joe on those two weigh in cuts,

That is a assuming an undersized Chandler beats a much bigger and solid Bowman which wasn't a guarantee. Chandler weighing in at 169 is what gives me pause.

Gun to my head they wanted Chandler to go out with a win on SR day and hoped Blaylock could keep it to a MD.

Fix was the only real offensive wreslter between the two yesterday.

Yeah it was a weird match. On one hand, I don't think Desanto has anything to hang his head about. At the same time, I don't get the optimism from Iowa fans. Fix was the only wrestler who got anywhere close to a takedown (at least going from memory) and Desanto has a lot of work to do to not get ridden like a mule next time around. Pushing forward is not the same as getting anywhere near a takedown.

Yeah it was a weird match. On one hand, I don't think Desanto has anything to hang his head about. At the same time, I don't get the optimism from Iowa fans. Fix was the only wrestler who got anywhere close to a takedown (at least going from memory) and Desanto has a lot of work to do to not get ridden like a mule next time around. Pushing forward is not the same as getting anywhere near a takedown.

Fix was extremly close to getting that TD in the first and then absolutely had the other TD late in the second (it was a terrible call OsU fan or not).

I actually don't think the match is as close in March. I see Fix getting a TD or two.

They are also of the impression that with a bigger mat they somehow win the dual. But in the same turn a bigger mat would negate the out of bounds push out stalls they were begging for.

Reactions: oberebo
That is a assuming an undersized Chandler beats a much bigger and solid Bowman which wasn't a guarantee. Chandler weighing in at 169 is what gives me pause.

Gun to my head they wanted Chandler to go out with a win on SR day and hoped Blaylock could keep it to a MD.
When John was asked during his presser after the match if 165 would be determined by ranking match he declined to answer saying ask me again in 8 days.However, ranking match would be the only way to determine who gets the call at 165. IMO Joe is the better wrestler technically and should win but Chandler is the most exciting and the most likely to score an upset and so I am really torn by who I want to represent us at the Big 12. My head says Joe but frankly my heart says Chandler. I will respect John's decision and the outcome of the ranking match and naturally as Cowboys I will root for both.
LETS GO POKES!!!

When John was asked during his presser after the match if 165 would be determined by ranking match he declined to answer saying ask me again in 8 days.However, ranking match would be the only way to determine who gets the call at 165. IMO Joe is the better wrestler technically and should win but Chandler is the most exciting and the most likely to score an upset and so I am really torn by who I want to represent us at the Big 12. My head says Joe but frankly my heart says Chandler. I will respect John's decision and the outcome of the ranking match and naturally as Cowboys I will root for both.
LETS GO POKES!!!
It'll prob be ~8 days before Joe is consistently down to 65 & can access his he is, but also there are other ways beside ranking match. Also have to access who can score more points in the tournament while making 165.

Joe's technical wrestling has not giving me any warm fuzzies in the past month. I hope that Chandler gets the chance and I hope that he goes to Nationals with the mindset that he had yesterday.

Joe's technical wrestling has not giving me any warm fuzzies in the past month. I hope that Chandler gets the chance and I hope that he goes to Nationals with the mindset that he had yesterday.

I hope he does to but that is maybe the one knock on him. Consistency. While he is capable of upsets and big moments he can get knocked off by guys that should have no reason beating him.

With Joe it's all about weight. If he can show he can get there and maintain a high level there I don't see any scenario where he doesn't win the spot and is our representative at big 12's despite the risk and allocation issue.

I hope he does to but that is maybe the one knock on him. Consistency. While he is capable of upsets and big moments he can get knocked off by guys that should have no reason beating him.

With Joe it's all about weight. If he can show he can get there and maintain a high level there I don't see any scenario where he doesn't win the spot and is our representative at big 12's despite the risk and allocation issue.
It would be nice to have inside knowledge which obviously I don't have. It surprises me when Coach Smith says Jacoby is the 74, because it means Jacoby can beat both Joe Smith and Chandler Rogers. From watching matches I would not have thought that. It must be true which could mean Jacoby could do better at Nationals than any of us think.

I think Jacoby is wildly talented. He AA'd on two bad knees last year. I think his potential at 174 is very high. He could very well be on one of the top four steps of the podium in Pittsburgh.

Io
Yes North Marion, Iowa fans are the funniest!

Shoot or push?
I don't like a lot of the Iowa fans but I really don't like a lot of the Penn. St. fans. They came unto the Iowa forum and really talked crap. Coach Smith seems to be figuring out the changes we need to make to win again. I liked listening to his comments after this match. The Cowboy Wrestling Nation seems fired up based on this dual and current recruiting. This is what I have been talking about for years. Good wrestling doesn't excite the Nation while very good wrestling does.

Damn they are dumb

The amount of whining I've seen on their board and on Twitter about Fix/Desanto is insane. They think Fix stalled in the third. Desanto was flat on his belly head on the mat for 90% of the period.

Reactions: osu2082
The amount of whining I've seen on their board and on Twitter about Fix/Desanto is insane. They think Fix stalled in the third. Desanto was flat on his belly head on the mat for 90% of the period.
Someone also suggest that they should start their backup instead of Lee and also said that Perez (backup) could compete with Picc. Said backup is 0-6 and this guy thinks that he can compete with the guy who pinned the defecting national champ. To be fair though, everyone else on the board told him how stupid he was.

I also saw someone complaining about Chandler Rogers.

saw something posted on Tweeter where we reserved front row floor seats for the new UALR team. Pretty class act there.

A little hard to believe since he weighed in at 169# Sunday for Iowa. I didn’t think you’re allowed to drop that much but then again I’m not that knowledgeable.

Someone (zero idea if they are a legitimate source) said Joe has an infection and will be out and will apply for a medical 6th year.

John did say he was sick and that's why he didn't wrestle Sunday.

My gosh, Iowa fans get offended so easily.

Hawkeye Report is in total meltdown mode after FRL said that Spencer wasn't sick or injured. They're saying that you're in the bottom 1% IQ wise if you believe Lee is 100% and that Flo is crap.

Hawkeye Report is in total meltdown mode after FRL said that Spencer wasn't sick or injured. They're saying that you're in the bottom 1% IQ wise if you believe Lee is 100% and that Flo is crap.
i think most of us go over there and visit-maybe not. But, in my opinion, lets leave their stuff there-we will be happier here in the long run.

Reactions: oberebo
No chance Chandler goes down.
1. He didn’t certify in the beginning
2. He cannot with the descent protocol

I thought there was a new rule change for this that eliminated the February 15th deadline?

• The February 15 deadline for a wrestler to reach his lowest allowable weight class was eliminated. The NCAA Wrestling Rules Committee believes, since all student-athletes must adhere to the 1.5 percent weight-loss guidelines, there is no sound rationale for maintaining the arbitrary February 15 deadline.

Someone (zero idea if they are a legitimate source) said Joe has an infection and will be out and will apply for a medical 6th year.

John did say he was sick and that's why he didn't wrestle Sunday.

FRL said joe was sick and didn’t wrestle. They were around the team all weekend I’m sure they would have said something during their podcast if it were more serious. They did say G is battling injuries right now.
Over at HR the sky is falling if they can’t fire brands they might as well fire CP at Flo. It was clear from their predictions they weren’t predicting an Iowa win. It’s odd to think they are mad about Daton’s so called choke, but praise every time DeSanto has shown his a$$ during matches this season.

Reactions: osu2082

The key is to make a bucket of popcorn before you start reading. The best part is Daton Fix as wrestling's new bad boy.

Live shot of DeSanto training for the rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT