ADVERTISEMENT

iowa @ OSU

He weighed in at almost 169. That is enough over 165 that it has to be planned.

Looks like he will be bumping up and it will be he or Jacobe at 174.

I would imagine Joe has been fine coming down and he must beat Chadler regularly.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

I would imagine Joe has been fine coming down and he must beat Chadler regularly.

Do we know what Jacobe tipped at today? What is the possibility we see a Smith, Rogers and Smith?

• I am pretty sure that Jacobe has the 174 pound weight and this according to John. Chandler is on track to be down to 165 by Big 12 and Joe could have lost over 3 pounds down from 171.? last week so he appears on track for 165. If you had asked me at the first of the year I would have said 165 is Joe's for the taking however the cut for Joe is strong and Chandler was already at 165. I think it is anyone's guess who wins 165. The other possibility is Jacobe staying at 184 with either Joe or Chandler at 165 and the other to 174. Great match today and the way it started was outstanding. I was cheered out by the end the first match when Pic got the late take down and then while I was cheering for that he pinned him and I and the crowd went crazy. Fix was really never in danger and was rooked out of the take down by the ref. I rarely criticise referees but this ref made some plain goofy calls both ways. Chandler looked great as did Jacobe and Preston. Preston had 3:10 of RT against Warner, a take down and a reverse while Warner got what was to me two penalty points that were bogus when Warner was fleeing the mat. Derek wrestled a very strong match at heavy weight and had the only takedown. Gfeller still looked tentative during his match and looked like he tweaked a leg muscle during the match. This match could not have happened at a better time for seeding purposes with only Kaden moving down and Pic,Daton,Chandler, Jacobe and Derek either moving up in seeding or solidifying their seedings. Very proud of all our cowboys after today.
  • LETS GO POKES!!!

Wouldn’t Picc get the 1 seed at nationals if Lee beats the NW guy at Big 10’s?

Great performance today, I thought Kaid looked good.

Could we possibly see
165 Jojo
174 Jacobe
184 Chandler?

Today wasn’t just a win imo it was a Statement Win!

Reactions: BWM85
  • I am pretty sure that Jacobe has the 174 pound weight and this according to John. Chandler is on track to be down to 165 by Big 12 and Joe could have lost over 3 pounds down from 171.? last week so he appears on track for 165. If you had asked me at the first of the year I would have said 165 is Joe's for the taking however the cut for Joe is strong and Chandler was already at 165. I think it is anyone's guess who wins 165. The other possibility is Jacobe staying at 184 with either Joe or Chandler at 165 and the other to 174.

Jacobe' weigh in weight the past two weeks sure points to him coming down to 174 and John has all but confirmed that. So that leaves Joe and Chandler to fight it out for 165 but Chandler going 174 was an interesting twist...

John said post match that Jacobe would be 174 for the post season, that was the only thing he would commit to.

Not to discount Greer, but why in the hell are we taking an AA out of the lineup in favor of an unknown?

Reactions: 1AA
Chandler had a very large contingent of family and friends there today, all in matching t-shirts. My guess, and that’s all it is, is that John sent Chandler out at 174 so he could go out with a big win. And seeing what Chandler weighed, it obviously was not a match time decision. Felt sorry for Jonce being sent out at 165, though. I don’t think today had any bearing at all on who wrestles 165 at the B12 tournament.

I think John wanted to make sure the seniors got a chance to wrestle in their final dual (including Jonce getting the nod over Shomers).

Jacobe has 174 locked down. Joe & Chandler probably still wrestle-off for 165. Neither one beats Geer for 184 IMO.

Anyone got a picture of Chris Perry beating Matt Brown? Looks just like this.

https://lbsphoto.smugmug.com/Olympi...-Wrestling/174-Champion-2013-NCAA/i-KFbZQGm/A

A

Reactions: Harleycowboy
Jacobe will be 74. Geer 84 and a Chandler Joe wrestle off for 65.

Not to discount Greer, but why in the hell are we taking an AA out of the lineup in favor of an unknown?

I think because the staff and Jacobe feel his best weight is 174 and he has a chance to place high there. The staff is also shooting to maximize points and feel having Jacobe and Rogers/Smith at their natural weights does that.

You could tell Fix was getting in a lot of extraterrestrial torque and I don’t think there was a single poke there not thinking - make it hurt.

I think because the staff and Jacobe feel his best weight is 174 and he has a chance to place high there. The staff is also shooting to maximize points and feel having Jacobe and Rogers/Smith at their natural weights does that.

So, chandler to 84? Can he bear Greer?

Pretty sure you are getting way ahead of things. We still dont even yet know if Joe can make 65 and be effective. Chandler wrestled 74 against Iowa cause he is capable of pinning Bowman, Joe would not get that pin. It was a dual meet, thus dual meet strategy.

That's possible. There is some risk there though. Sending a backup 157 got Iowa a pin. Chandler can go with Marinelli and at home on senior day he has a chance. Worst case is a regular decision loss and then Joe wins and the score differential is the same.

Pretty sure you are getting way ahead of things. We still dont even yet know if Joe can make 65 and be effective. Chandler wrestled 74 against Iowa cause he is capable of pinning Bowman, Joe would not get that pin. It was a dual meet, thus dual meet strategy.

But what about how big Chandler weighed in at? I'll be honest I have no idea how the weight loss rules worked but Chandler weighed in really heavy. Do the rules allow him to get back down in two weeks?

You could tell Fix was getting in a lot of extraterrestrial torque and I don’t think there was a single poke there not thinking - make it hurt.

If you want to some fun reading go read the Hawkeye Report board. The amount of complaining about what Fix did to Desanto is great stuff.

That's possible. There is some risk there though. Sending a backup 157 got Iowa a pin. Chandler can go with Marinelli and at home on senior day he has a chance. Worst case is a regular decision loss and then Joe wins and the score differential is the same.
Prob worse case is Joe gassed, like he did in 3rd period of Princeton when believe 172, and gets beat. Thus lose both 65 & 74. Might be a reason we didn't see Joe on those two weigh in cuts,

But what about how big Chandler weighed in at? I'll be honest I have no idea how the weight loss rules worked but Chandler weighed in really heavy. Do the rules allow him to get back down in two weeks?
Yes Chandler has no issue with 65, believe he and Joe weighed in about the same & both within weight for the per week allowance.

Looks like OSU went with their senors for the final home dual when there was a choice. And we mashed the Hawkeyes. Big XII next. GO POKES.

Reactions: Wrassler17
The rules allow him to go down. He was only 3.9 pounds over and at 1.5% per week he is easily able to make 165. He knew the day before he was going up so there was no need to cut weight. If you will notice show was at 168.7 so the weight cut is almost identical for 165 and is over 2.5 pounds per week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT