ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa dual

If that’s true they need to need to announce it ASAP.
Yeah they'd better! I've already got airline tics & hotel for Dallas. And the value/price of the dual tics should be ~half or less if no USA/Iran.

It’s over Dabir the wrestling federation president saying death to America. And added in an interview that they don’t need to just chant it but act on it.

• Wow
Reactions: giddyup
Maybe I am alone in this, but on the list of things I care about, Mongolian women's wrestling is so far down, it might as well not even exist.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Outside of the US the Mongolians (men's and womens) are my favorite country to watch as a whole. They collectively go big - throws, headlocks, all the kitchen sink stuff. They are worth a watch for sure...

Reactions: PoOsKuE and JAY45
Outside of the US the Mongolians (men's and womens) are my favorite country to watch as a whole. They collectively go big - throws, headlocks, all the kitchen sink stuff. They are worth a watch for sure...
There were some former Mongolian wrestlers at the OSU v Rutgers dual couple+ years ago, men not women.

Anyone know if they’ll move the dual to Stillwater?

Strange they had a press conference today and the possibility wasn’t even mentioned.

Anyone know if they’ll move the dual to Stillwater?

Strange they had a press conference today and the possibility wasn’t even mentioned.
Why would they move it to Stillwater?

Iran isn’t coming.

FKoRJvcWQAIiCh2

Last edited:
There are so much politics clouding the truth of so many things from COVID, science, elections and even sports that it is very difficult to know the truth these days but if he/they truly professed “Death to America”, they have no business expecting to be allowed into this country; and rightly so.

Reactions: bwel9339
Wonder what this means for ticket refund. US v Iran was half the draw/value, I dont feel that Mongolia women make up for this.

There are so much politics clouding the truth of so many things from COVID, science, elections and even sports that it is very difficult to know the truth these days but if he/they truly professed “Death to America”, they have no business expecting to be allowed into this country; and rightly so.
Think there's a big misunderstanding here. One, check the source of where that news came from... An Israeli news outlet... and two, I think ultimately what he was saying is the equivalent of "OSU is going to kill OU in Bedlam this year." It's trash talk. It wasn't a threat.

Reactions: JAY45
Think there's a big misunderstanding here. One, check the source of where that news came from... An Israeli news outlet... and two, I think ultimately what he was saying is the equivalent of "OSU is going to kill OU in Bedlam this year." It's trash talk. It wasn't a threat.
+1

Birdwell listed as a probable again. Also Harris, who wasn't listed for Mizzou.

Gonna be a tough victory to bring home. We have to win 125, 133, 149, 157, and 184. Is somebody(or multiples) ready to step up? Wrestle like we have been and this will be ugly.

Reactions: bwel9339
On the radio show, John said Witcraft didn't wrestle against Mizzou because they want to keep him in redshirt. But why not wrestle him and then just use the redshirt next year? Is the plan that Mastro will redshirt next year?

I think we get 25 (if Mastro), 33, 49, 84... really need 57 to get it too. 65 and 74 would be nice for one of them to step up.

A lot of people are picking Eierman to pick up bonus points... which tells me a lot of people haven't watched Carter Young OR Eierman wrestle this year. They're just guessing. Carter isn't going to give up bonus points and Eierman is just going to do enough to win like he has done since he got to Iowa.

Wittlake needs this win and I hope he goes and gets it. He's absolutely capable of doing it... comes down to what happens between the ears for him.

On the radio show, John said Witcraft didn't wrestle against Mizzou because they want to keep him in redshirt. But why not wrestle him and then just use the redshirt next year? Is the plan that Mastro will redshirt next year?
You mean Birdwell?

You mean Birdwell?
I heard Witcraft, but maybe I got that wrong...

Also, I think with Eierman the danger is a possible pin. Carter needs to be careful and look out for the cradle. Interested to see how the scrambles go between those two.

I think we get 25 (if Mastro), 33, 49, 84... really need 57 to get it too. 65 and 74 would be nice for one of them to step up.

A lot of people are picking Eierman to pick up bonus points... which tells me a lot of people haven't watched Carter Young OR Eierman wrestle this year. They're just guessing. Carter isn't going to give up bonus points and Eierman is just going to do enough to win like he has done since he got to Iowa.

Wittlake needs this win and I hope he goes and gets it. He's absolutely capable of doing it... comes down to what happens between the ears for him.
No Mastro no 125. 57 and 65 possible if they wrestle their best. 174 no. So 5 possible but no bonus, we know what that means. :(

I heard Witcraft, but maybe I got that wrong...

Also, I think with Eierman the danger is a possible pin. Carter needs to be careful and look out for the cradle. Interested to see how the scrambles go between those two.
ehh I don't think so... Eierman isn't a pinner anymore and Carter is a very smart wrestler and doesn't put himself into bad positions very often.

Also Witcraft is hurt, so he hasn't been available. Birdwell is the backup at 125 and they just decided that the Mizzou dual wasn't worth burning the redshirt. They could decide that the Iowa dual is worth is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT