ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting: America Is Concerned

Even Hezbollah laughs at people like you.
Laugh at me? Why laugh at me? i didn’t say it. People from the highest levels of the American government said it. It would be wiser if you and Bearcat read the link before feeling competent to comment.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Laugh at me? Why laugh at me? i didn’t say it. People from the highest levels of the American government said it. It would be wiser if you and Bearcat read the link before feeling competent to comment.

I plainly said, "People like you".

It would be wiser if you used quotation marks and state "from the link" or such. Otherwise... you said it.

I plainly said, "People like you".

It would be wiser if you used quotation marks and state "from the link" or such. Otherwise... you said it.
Well I’m the person most like me, so it makes sense I would assume you were referring to me. But since you didn’t bother to read the link it also makes sense you would make a reply as uninformed as you did. So here we are arguing about something that has no bearing on the concern our government has that Israel is trying to pull our soldiers into fighting for it. It’s ironic when you think about it. We lured Ukraine into dying for our geopolitical aims and now Israel is trying to get us to die for theirs.

• Haha
Israel is trying to provoke a second war/front with Hezbollah in Lebanon which would drag the US into active participation.

Dan

You do realize Hezbollah created the front in Syria? They are protecting themselves sir. https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...nt-with-israel-will-remain-active-2023-11-11/

another Iranian Proxy

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Dan

You do realize Hezbollah created the front in Syria? They are protecting themselves sir. https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...nt-with-israel-will-remain-active-2023-11-11/

another Iranian Proxy
The point of the article is that America's top brass recognizes that Israel is probing deeper into Lebanon in what America's top brass perceives to be an attempt to get a violent enough reaction from Hezbollah to drag our military directly into the conflict. It's not an article about "who started it." General Austin apparently had a very direct conversation with Israel's equivalent minister and told him to stop. One of America's top secuirty directors met with Hezbollah's top guy and told him the same thing. The Hezbollah guy said okay he'll tone down his rhetoric, which he did, while the Israeli guy told Austin where he could put it. So tell me: are you pro-Israel enough to want to commit our troops into fighting for them, knowing Israel "tricked" us into doing it? Like I said, the "Ukrainian irony" is almost too rich to stomach.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The point of the article is that America's top brass recognizes that Israel is probing deeper into Labanon in what America's top brass perceives to be an attempt to get a violent enough reaction from Hezbollah to drag our military directly into the conflict. It's not an article about "who started it." General Austin apparently had a very direct conversation with Israel's equivalent minister and told him to stop. One of America's top secuirty directors met with Hezbollah's top guy and told him the same thing. The Hezbollah guy said okay he'll tone down his rhetoric, which he did, while the Israeli guy told Austin where he could put it. So tell me: are you pro-Israel enough to want to commit our troops into fighting for them, knowing Israel "tricked" us into doing it? Like I said, the "Ukrainian irony" is almost too rich to stomach.

I think it has more to do with his staff.

Anyone who says Israel has genocidal desires is an antisemite. Well done Dan. Your dog whistles shine the light of truth on your motivation.
I doubt you can get through more than a sentence or two, but if you go to the end there’s a possibilty, a slim one for sure, but a possibility you might realize she’s talking about you. Grab your comfort stuffed animal and squeeze tight!

• Haha
Yes, the top brass of his staff, the ones actually aware of what is going on.
Dan,

I'm sorry but its funny that you are siding with the progressives on this, when for as long as I have been on this board you were anti progressive and in the moderate. I feel that you fell into the progressive pit. Biden has progressives in his cabinet and staff.

The two staff members, who are political appointees, asked to remain anonymous out of concern about retaliation for speaking out against the administration’s position. They said those who signed the letter also remained anonymous out of concern for their job security and personal safety.

If his top brass is on board. Why are thy afraid to lose their position?

They are double talking because of POLL numbers not because of the war in GAZA.

Do I agree or like war? no This is a religious war that has been raging for many, many years. Best of luck to you in your endeavors sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Dan,

I'm sorry but its funny that you are siding with the progressives on this, when for as long as I have been on this board you were anti progressive and in the moderate. I feel that you fell into the progressive pit. Biden has progressives in his cabinet and staff.

The two staff members, who are political appointees, asked to remain anonymous out of concern about retaliation for speaking out against the administration’s position. They said those who signed the letter also remained anonymous out of concern for their job security and personal safety.

If his top brass is on board. Why are thy afraid to lose their position?

They are double talking because of POLL numbers not because of the war in GAZA.

Do I agree or like war? no This is a religious war that has been raging for many, many years. Best of luck to you in your endeavors sir.
Here's what I find funny: each side, both progressives on the left and conservatives/MAGA on the right are so hardened into supporting their team that no matter what the other team says or does they will be adamantly opposed to it. God forbid I ever be called a progressive! Or a conservative and definately not a MAGA. And the last thing anyone should ever consider me to be is a moderate. I'm a hard core extemist radical libertarian of the anarchist persuasion, and as such I detest almost everything any government proponent advocates. And I despise watching people get manipulated into supporting war. In this instance the leak has almost certainly been authorized by Austin and Hochstein, with the caveat that it is supposed to be anonymous. That's how most leaks work, don't you know? I don't see it as double talk, I see it as high ranking concern that Israel will drag American troops into a war that will be extremely unpopular with voters, and they're letting us know in advance they tried to stop it. Obviously they don't care that the slaughter in Gaza is taking place using our bombs. It's a second front to the north that concerns Austin and Hochstein. Israel is the perpetual victim, they have arranged their propaganda for exactly that end, and they know if they can provoke Hezbollah into attacking they can get America into the war to protect them directly. I should hope you don't like war. This is a religious war that essentially has been raging since 1948 in no small part because of what the winners of WW2 did because they didn't want the Jews around them (us) any more than the Muslims do. The big question is will Israel succeed in dragging us into the fighting? I for one hope not.

Last edited:
Here's what I find funny: each side, both progressives on the left and conservatives/MAGA on the right are so hardened into supporting their team that no matter what the other team says or does they will be adamantly opposed to it. God forbid I ever be called a progressive! Or a conservative and definately not a MAGA. And the last thing anyone should ever consider me to be is a moderate. I'm a hard core extemist radical libertarian of the anarchist persuasion, and as such I detest almost everything any government proponent advocates. And I despise watching people get manipulated into supporting war. In this instance the leak has almost certainly been authorized by Austin and Hochstein, with the caveat that it is supposed to be anonymous. That's how most leaks work, don't you know? I don't see it as double talk, I see it as high ranking concern that Israel will drag American troops into a war that will be extremely unpopular with voters, and they're letting us know in advance they they tried to stop it. Obviously they don't care that the slaughter in Gaza is taking place using our bombs. It's a second front to the north that concerns Austin and Hochstein. Israel is the perpetual victim, they have arranged their propaganda for exactly that end, and they know if they can provoke Hezbollah into attacking they can get America into the war to protect them directly. I should hope you don't like war. This is a religious war that essentially has been raging since 1948 in no small part because of what the winners of WW2 did because they didn't want the Jews around them (us) any more than the Muslims do. The big question is will Israel succeed in dragging us into the fighting? I for one hope not.
OK dan. As we have said before, I am in the middle of this entire thing as well. I am just a god fearing Christian in middle america fighting for his business, like most and including yourself. People can feel sorry for the people of Gaza for sure. It is a very complex area. Anyone with any compassion feels for anyone that dies, during a war or just crossing the street. This holy war has raged for thousands of years and will most likely continue. Unless of course someone is going to give up their religion. That is not happening. you be you sir.

OK dan. People can feel sorry for the people of Gaza for sure. It is a very complex area. Anyone with any compassion feels for anyone that dies, during a war or just crossing the street. This holy war has raged for thousands of years and will most likely continue. Unless of course someone is going to give up their religion. That is not happening. you be you sir.
Well, I can't be anyone else but myself. If the war has raged for millenia and will continue to rage with no end in sight why is our government sticking its nose in it? And I don't mean any disrespect, but I havn't seen you express an iota of compassion for dead Palestinians, only dead Israelis, condemn the brutality of Hamas while showing little more than nonchalance at the brutality of Israel.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Well, I can't be anyone else but myself. If the war has raged for millenia and will continue to rage with no end in sight why is our government sticking its nose in it? And I don't mean any disrespect, but I havn't seen you express an iota of compassion for dead Palestinians, only dead Israelis, condemn the brutality of Hamas while showng little more than nonchalance at the butality of Israel.
I haven't for any. I wish it was not going on. I understand that Israel feels a need to take care of the problem once and for all. I posted just yesterday that Egypt is trying to push for the Abraham Accords to be reimplemented. Peace in the middle east would be a breath of fresh air.

I doubt you can get through more than a sentence or two, but if you go to the end there’s a possibilty, a slim one for sure, but a possibility you might realize she’s talking about you. Grab your comfort stuffed animal and squeeze tight!

Weird. Anyone who questioned the narrative around Ukraine was called a Russian apologist and Nazi. Now anyone who doesn't heed to the Israel narrative is an Anti-Semite. Its amazing that we Americans allow ourselves to so blatantly censor each other. But since we can no longer handle hearing opinions that we disagree with without convalescing into a quivering ball of snot and tears, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Israel is trying to provoke a second war/front with Hezbollah in Lebanon which would drag the US into active participation.

Ponca,

One thing to note in your article (which I did read): The only quote attributed to ANYONE officially is "Hezbollah is playing with fire" by General Austin, which frankly doesn't really align with the narrative of the story. Everything else was anonymously sourced, and as such, should be viewed with suspicion, and not just accepted as the gospel you are portraying.

Ponca,

One thing to note in your article (which I did read): The only quote attributed to ANYONE officially is "Hezbollah is playing with fire" by General Austin, which frankly doesn't really align with the narrative of the story. Everything else was anonymously sourced, and as such, should be viewed with suspicion, and not just accepted as the gospel you are portraying.
As I said in a previous reply to someone who pointed out the same thing, it is entirely possible, indeed likely, that the leak was authorized by Austin and Hochstein with the provision that it be sourced anonymously, which is a very common practice where leaks are concerned. Austin and Hochstein are not fools, they can see how this can turn against them on a dime, and this gives them cover that they tried to stop things before they got out of hand.

As I said in a previous reply to someone who pointed out the same thing, it is entirely possible, indeed likely, that the leak was authorized by Austin and Hochstein with the provision that it be sourced anonymously, which is a very common practice where leaks are concerned. Austin and Hochstein are not fools, they can see how this can turn against them on a dime, and this gives them cover that they tried to stop things before they got out of hand.
Possibly. Or it could be completely made up garbage to promote the far left narrative that wants to paint Israel as the bad guy. We've seen that before too. I find it surprising though that you're default assumption was to trust this story as wholly accurate, particularly when coming from an unabashedly pro-left source like Axios.

Possibly. Or it could be completely made up garbage to promote the far left narrative that wants to paint Israel as the bad guy. We've seen that before too. I find it surprising though that you're default assumption was to trust this story as wholly accurate, particularly when coming from an unabashedly pro-left source like Axios.
I posted the link thinking it was probably accurate. I rarely trust a story whole cloth. I have found unabashedly pro-right sources to be just as untrustworthy as pro-left ones. When there is a dispute between the two I generally default by splitting the difference and assumng that's closer to the truth than either of them. I posted this link because I found it intersting and thought it might be fodder for discussion. And for the record I had no idea Axios is an unabashedly pro-left source. As far as them wanting to paint Israel as the bad guy I would say they have done a spectacular job of doing that on their own. The whole world is watching and judging, not just America. While they have parlayed the assault as another example of their victimhood (which in this case is true) they are botching it by unleashing their enormous firepower on people that are helpless against them. That took them from the good guy to one of the bad guys.

• Haha
I posted the link thinking it was probably accurate. I rarely trust a story whole cloth. I have found unabashedly pro-right sources to be just as untrustworthy as pro-left ones. When there is a dispute between the two I generally default by splitting the difference and assumng that's closer to the truth than either of them. I posted this link because I found it intersting and thought it might be fodder for discussion. And for the record I had no idea Axios is an unabashedly pro-left source. As far as them wanting to paint Israel as the bad guy I would say they have done a spectacular job of doing that on their own. The whole world is watching and judging, not just America. While they have parlayed the assault as another example of their victimhood (which in this case is true) they are botching it by unleashing their enormous firepower on people that are helpless against them. That took them from the good guy to one of the bad guys.
While I called out Axios as being left-wing (because it is), I didn't state that only left wing media uses anonymous sources to push narratives that may or may not be truthful. I don't trust Fox when they do it. And I certainly don't trust Axios if they do it. If its worth printing, its worth sourcing. Unfortunately, the media as a whole no longer has the credibility for anonymously sourced material to simply be believed.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT