ADVERTISEMENT

I want to gnash my teeth too

What is up with all the new threads?

Looks like someone is a little worried or something tonight.

How specifically does this alter the Russia investigations?

Kinda brings them to a halt or at a minimum slows them significantly....at least until a new FBI Director is named and confirmed...and possibly forever.

Makes it harder for the Senate and House Investigations to proceed.

Gives everyone on both sides talking points ammunition for their efforts to consolidate power in their own party in 2018 and 2020.

Continues the complete and utter shitshow that is American politics and the slow inexorable trudge to authoritarianism abetted by everyone involved.

Last edited:
Jalopys is no more, but I wish.

1068.gif

Kinda brings them to a halt or at a minimum slows them significantly.

Makes it harder for the Senate and House Investigations to proceed.

Gives everyone on both sides talking points ammunition for their efforts to consolidate power in their own party in 2018 and 2020.

Continues the complete and utter shitshow that is American politics and the slow inexorable abetted by everyone involved.

Why? Comey is the CEO, he wasn't compiling info at the agent level. Why isnt the next man up going to pick up the mantle? Are we saying the next person will be more controllable than comey and a slow down will be ordered?

Why? Comey is the CEO, he wasn't compiling info at the agent level. Why isnt the next man up going to pick up the mantle? Are we saying the next person will be more controllable than comey and a slow down will be ordered?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't believe for a second the stated reason for firing Comey by the Deputy AG. It makes no sense. Trump has made his opinion on the Russia investigations very clear. Anybody with a lick of sense is going to take that into account in making decisions.

Trying reading my post directly above your question.

Sorry, I didn't see that post before I posted. So you believe Trump wants someone he thinks he can control leading the FBI. Ok.

Don't you think though this move by Trump will only make the calls for a special prosecutor more numerous and louder? One would assume Trump doesn't want a special prosecutor.

Sorry, I didn't see that post before I posted. So you believe Trump wants someone he thinks he can control leading the FBI. Ok.

Don't you think though this move by Trump will only make the calls for a special prosecutor more numerous and louder? One would assume Trump doesn't want a special prosecutor.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

So your "answer" was a refusal to answer.

giphy.gif

deflect.gif

I'm think I'm gonna go back to just rolling my eyes and shaking my head to myself while feeling a little bit sorry for you when I read your posts instead of expecting that you are at all capable of being intellectually honest and rational.

Be well, Clinton....

Inside, I'm a lonely child seeking attention from message board posters that Mommy and Daddy never gave me.

Be well Clinton. Try not to harm yourself during the coming manic phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007

This may have been covered in the other thread, which I have not read yet....but....

With Comey out of the picture, a special prosecutor would have to be appointed by Sessions-not gonna happen.

Congress can call for a special prosecutor, but only if a majority vote in favor of one. Since both the House and Senate are majority Republican, it is unlikely to happen.

Trump will appoint someone to replace Comey. That guy/girl will get a 10 year term. Trump will appoint someone who he has some control over and who has loyalty to him. The new guy/girl will have to pass through Congress, which will take a long time even though Congress is majority Republican.

Firing Comey scuttles the Russia investigation, or at least slows it down by many months.

If theres nothing to the Russian stuff, just appoint a prosecutor. Produce tax returns and be transparent. It won't go away as long as he acts so guilty.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Has any evidence of a Trump/Russian collusion be produced yet?

Two hyperpartisan witnesses, Clapper and Yates, both testified that they have seen no evidence of collusion.

What do you want to know about his taxes?

Is he as successful as he claims to be?
Does he pay his fair share of taxes to the US government?
How dependent is he on Russian investors?
Does he owe large amounts of money to Russian investors?
Is there any financial connection to the Russian government?
Does he give any actual charitable contributions?

Those things all interest me.

Reactions: Ponca Dan and GL97
Is he as successful as he claims to be?
Does he pay his fair share of taxes to the US government?
How dependent is he on Russian investors?
Does he owe large amounts of money to Russian investors?
Is there any financial connection to the Russian government?
Does he give any actual charitable contributions?

Those things all interest me.

How did you become interested in these things?
Are you interested in these things for every president? Would you demand details of Clinton foundation fund raising and nearly inexplicable creation of massive wealth for the Clintons had she won?

Name a single action taken by the administration that benefits Russias administration.

How did you become interested in these things?
Are you interested in these things for every president? Would you demand details of Clinton foundation fund raising and nearly inexplicable creation of massive wealth for the Clintons had she won?

1. Primarily because I think Trump is a terrible choice to lead our country. I won't go into detail on my issues with him.
2. Haven't been all that interested, in general.
3. Demand? Probably too strong a word. However, I would have been in favor of an unbiased investigation and currently would like answers to those questions.

1. Primarily because I think Trump is a terrible choice to lead our country. I won't go into detail on my issues with him.
2. Haven't been all that interested, in general.
3. Demand? Probably too strong a word. However, I would have been in favor of an unbiased investigation and currently would like answers to those questions.

Thanks. Interesting stuff.

Reactions: Been Jammin
With Comey out of the picture, a special prosecutor would have to be appointed by Sessions-not gonna happen.

Keep in mind that Sessions isn't the one who would appoint a special prosecutor. Sessions has recused himself (officially) from this matter. Therefore, the decision to appoint a special prosecutor would be made by the Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein.

Any prosecutor worth their salt should know that this investigation now needs a special prosecutor. It clearly meets the requirements of federal law (see 28 CFR 600.1).

Firing Comey scuttles the Russia investigation, or at least slows it down by many months.

Most likely true, however, firing Comey does put all the focus right back on the Russia investigation. It also will put more pressure on the DOJ to appoint a special prosecutor.

I find it interesting btw that the White House was so taken aback by the reaction they have received from this firing. It was as if they expected everyone to give them thumbs up for firing an FBI Director in the midst of an investigation that involves the President and his aides. Strange.

This may have been covered in the other thread, which I have not read yet....but....

Congress can call for a special prosecutor, but only if a majority vote in favor of one. Since both the House and Senate are majority Republican, it is unlikely to happen.

Trump will appoint someone to replace Comey. That guy/girl will get a 10 year term. Trump will appoint someone who he has some control over and who has loyalty to him. The new guy/girl will have to pass through Congress, which will take a long time even though Congress is majority Republican.

How does it slow down? Do light bulb sales slow when the CEO of ge gets fired? This slows nothing unless a huge trump supporter is put in charge and a coverup ensues. Is that what we are assuming?

Name a single action taken by the administration that benefits Russias administration.

Stopping any investigation into their role in the election, firing Comey, hiring Flynn after he had been fired and Obama warned him and then blaming Obama, courtesy calling them before we launched 59 missiles at an airfield and they flew bombing missions out that same day.

How does it slow down? Do light bulb sales slow when the CEO of ge gets fired? This slows nothing unless a huge trump supporter is put in charge and a coverup ensues. Is that what we are assuming?

@OSUGD so subpoenaes are flying out of a Virginia U.S. Atty's office... FBI can't issue subpoenas, it takes a U.S. Atty and grand jury to do that absent a filed case? (Right?) Does this suggest that there's an FBI investigation or would a u.s. atty do this on their own? Does this suggest there really is a grand jury? If it's to that point, does that suggest the FBI has gone home and the U.S. Atty is taking it from here?

You're the closest we have to an "expert" on this stuff. I know nothing about Federal Crim Procedure/FBI and U.S. Atty interaction, etc.

Flynn will fold and roll quicker than your hat hits the floor, Harry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT