ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Supporters - What do you want his next 4 years to look like/accomplish?

You are wrong.

For example, in the past year, the Biden administration has overseen the removal and/or return of more undocumented migrants since 2015.

The Biden administration has been rather active with its immigration approach and in many ways, it has been tougher than was Trump.
You mean after spending the first 2+ years of his administration letting in 10x the number of immigrants, after the Republican governors started sending those immigrants to liberal bastions like Chicago and NYC, he's started to do something. Sorry, that doesn't pass as being tougher.

With this comment, you admit that President Biden is concerned with immigration and is actively confronting this issue. Thank you.

While I disagree that these are the only motivating factors for the President, in reality, what is motivating him doesn't really matter. What he is actually doing is what I was addressing, not his motivation.
Again, deciding to do something because its an election year is pathetic. And what motivates him does matter. I want a president that cares about the country's well-being for all 4 years of his term, not just the one before the next election.
I disgree with you that graduating from college can be "worthless." Education is not worthless. Never is.
Not worthless. But worth less than the cost? Absolutely.
And not everyone has to attend a four year university. Some can choose to go to trade school, etc. Universal education is for all Americans to choose their path moving forward, and to be free of the chains that poverty and other socioeconomic factors place on them as it concerns education. Universal education encourages and supports individual freedom. It will strengthen the individual, the community, and our nation.
The government using its fund to incentivize behaviors that benefit society as a whole is fine. But we don't need more college educated activists. We need productivity. So if you want to promote trade skills, then great. You want to subsidize STEM, which we need more of? Great. But value matters.

I disgree with you that graduating from college can be "worthless." Education is not worthless. Never is.
Never say “never”….

The federal government needs to get the hell out of education. They've done nothing but fvck it up and massively increase the costs in both primary and secondary education. If leftist want to help people create programs that allow people to earn their way to college otherwise pay for it yourself. Tired of handing out money hard working people pay in taxes to people who do nothing but hold their hand out.

The federal government needs to get the hell out of education. They've done nothing but fvck it up and massively increase the costs in both primary and secondary education. If leftist want to help people create programs that allow people to earn their way to college otherwise pay for it yourself. Tired of handing out money hard working people pay in taxes to people who do nothing but hold their hand out.
I have an exercise I've used a gillion times over a 12 year period on educators and bank employees in 47 states. Our costly, miserable and failing public education system cannot teach me to count US currency. We don't teach the buck's struture and history. 99% of bank employees and educators couldn't tell me the value of .99 cents. The Feds began their takeover of education in 1965.

You mean after spending the first 2+ years of his administration letting in 10x the number of immigrants, after the Republican governors started sending those immigrants to liberal bastions like Chicago and NYC, he's started to do something. Sorry, that doesn't pass as being tougher.

Again, deciding to do something because its an election year is pathetic. And what motivates him does matter. I want a president that cares about the country's well-being for all 4 years of his term, not just the one before the next election.
Undocumented immigrants were still coming in during Trump's first term. He didn't completely stop it and he didn't fix the problems, like he claimed he would. Then Trump and his flunkies killed the bipartisan immigration bill to keep immigration an issue for them to run on this election cycle. So, did Trump care about the country's well-being when he played politics with the latest bipartisan immigration bill we had? Nope, he cared about his own political interests.

Yet, I'm sure you are just fine with that. You will make excuses for Trump and why he placed politics over the country's well-being. And you will vote for a man to be President in November who placed politics over the country's well-being. Yet, you then turn around and complain about President Biden and his motivation? lol!

Hypocrisy and double standards everywhere from you right-wingers.

Not worthless. But worth less than the cost? Absolutely.
Absolutely not. Education is worth it. Allowing all Americans to obtain education is worth it.

The government using its fund to incentivize behaviors that benefit society as a whole is fine. But we don't need more college educated activists. We need productivity. So if you want to promote trade skills, then great. You want to subsidize STEM, which we need more of? Great. But value matters.
Yes, I absolutely want to promote trade schools as part of universal tertiary education for all Americans. No one is claiming that all Americans must be forced to go to a four year University when we talk about universal education. If a person wants to choose a trade school, great! If a person wants to choose a four year University, great as well! I support individual freedom, and that is why I support universal education.

Also, I am all for more funding directed at STEM education as well.

Appears we agree on these two issues.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
Undocumented immigrants were still coming in during Trump's first term. He didn't completely stop it and he didn't fix the problems, like he claimed he would. Then Trump and his flunkies killed the bipartisan immigration bill to keep immigration an issue for them to run on this election cycle. So, did Trump care about the country's well-being when he played politics with the latest bipartisan immigration bill we had? Nope, he cared about his own political interests.

Yet, I'm sure you are just fine with that. You will make excuses for Trump and why he placed politics over the country's well-being. And you will vote for a man to be President in November who placed politics over the country's well-being. Yet, you then turn around and complain about President Biden and his motivation? lol!

Hypocrisy and double standards everywhere from you right-wingers.

So Trump failed at the border and immigration just as Biden has?

So Trump failed at the border and immigration just as Biden has?
Well this depends on how one defines success and failure as it relates to the border and immigration. If one defines success the way that @aix_xpert, @2012Bearcat, and other right-wingers on this board define it, then yes, both Trump and Biden have failed.

I define success as obtaining bipartisan immigration reform that begins the long process of fixing our broken system. And every President since Reagan has failed in this area. President Biden came very close though and would have succeeded if it hadn't been for Trump and his flunkies.

Well this depends on how one defines success and failure as it relates to the border and immigration. If one defines success the way that @aix_xpert, @2012Bearcat, and other right-wingers on this board define it, then yes, both Trump and Biden have failed.

I define success as obtaining bipartisan immigration reform that begins the long process of fixing our broken system. And every President since Reagan has failed in this area. President Biden came very close though and would have succeeded if it hadn't been for Trump and his flunkies.
I view success as a massive reduction in illegal entry into our country, to as close to zero as possible. That is not to say I am against immigration but that immigration should be controlled, limited and only in the best interest of the country. Allowing thousands of unskilled, uneducated, unvetted people with no means of supporting themselves from lawless countries is a recipe for disaster, let alone millions.

I view success as a massive reduction in illegal entry into our country, to as close to zero as possible. That is not to say I am against immigration but that immigration should be controlled, limited and only in the best interest of the country. Allowing thousands of unskilled, uneducated, unvetted people with no means of supporting themselves from lawless countries is a recipe for disaster, let alone millions.
And we should tax monies "sent home" earned within the US.

If Biden's law was so good, why'd he wait till an election year to try to pass it, and let 10 million undocumented immigrants enter the country prior to announcing it. When judging leadership, timing matters. And Biden flunked that leadership test.

If Biden's law was so good, why'd he wait till an election year to try to pass it, and let 10 million undocumented immigrants enter the country prior to announcing it. When judging leadership, timing matters. And Biden flunked that leadership test.
Ok, so this is your opinion about Biden.

Now, tell us, did Trump flunk the same leadership test? Since he never signed any major immigration law as President. Even when Republicans had complete control of Congress, not one immigration bill was passed and then signed by Trump.

So did Trump flunk the test too?

• Haha
So then Trump failed on immigration as President, correct?
Compared to recent Presidents? No he had great success despite overwhelming opposition from a party that wants open borders. Without researching all the numbers. I would say Trump has better success on illegal immigration than any President since Eisenhower. Even Reagan wasn't what I would deem a success on illegal immigration and IMO he is the best President of my lifetime.

Ok, so this is your opinion about Biden.

Now, tell us, did Trump flunk the same leadership test? Since he never signed any major immigration law as President. Even when Republicans had complete control of Congress, not one immigration bill was passed and then signed by Trump.

So did Trump flunk the test too?
But he enforced the laws that were there. Until the Pandemic, he deported 90% of the illegal immigrants apprehended at the border. Under Biden, with the same set of laws, we now deport less than half. The others are all 'Catch and release'. And we know that Trump did this, because its what led to blue cities announcing their sanctuary statuses to reflect that they would defy Donald Trump's ICE department turnover rules. Same laws, two different enforcement paradigms and thus two different results.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
But he enforced the laws that were there. Until the Pandemic, he deported 90% of the illegal immigrants apprehended at the border. Under Biden, with the same set of laws, we now deport less than half. The others are all 'Catch and release'. And we know that Trump did this, because its what led to blue cities announcing their sanctuary statuses to reflect that they would defy Donald Trump's ICE department turnover rules. Same laws, two different enforcement paradigms and thus two different results.

carry on

• Haha
Biden appointed Kasavubu as Border Czar.

No, not compared to recent Presidents.

Based upon what you just defined as success, would you then agree that Trump failed on immigration as President?

I c
GQo2M-BXoAA22kJ
I can't stop laughing! 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT