HS Recruiting News

Thompson
Hughes
Robb
Heeg
Smith

now Carroll…

That’s a solid haul!

If they can keep all the local guys they want, particularly from Bixby, Edmond, & Stillwater (Lockett, Routledge)…and pick off some of these guys @leecothran has mentioned from Gilroy (Cormier) & McCort (Kindig)…things should be headed in the right direction.

Awesome!! Willie said “do to the honors” what does that mean??

Originally committed to Penn.
Due to recent changes, a lot more money opened up for OSU to use, as well as a clearer lineup picture.
They reengaged him and it looks like it worked out.

I can see Illinois but why would he commit to Penn? Am I missing something are we talking about Penn State?

Penn is an elite school academically plus an up and coming RTC.

They benefit from the “you can’t sling a dead cat and not hit a wrestler” Rule in PA where there are more recruits than scholarships.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Penn has a terrific RTC, maybe the 2nd or 3rd best overall. And Carroll has international aspirations...he has talked about the Olympics in interviews. So you would have to think coaching, training partners, and post collegiate opportunities are important to him.

To me, this is a potential sign that recruits know our RTC is moving in the right direction. When Kerkvliet decommitted, Aaron Brooks' dad posted on another board that the RTC (or lack of) was a reason. Now we have a top recruit flipping to us instead of the reverse.

I know RTC is all the talk right now and rightfully so.

my question is who are some names we could get in it to train and prepare? JO, Dieringer? Fix of course. But who else? How many elite wrestlers can make a RTC successful?

Dumb question, but would DC ever be considered to maybe run the thing? I would think with his wrestling success as well as MMA success he would be a great person to lead something like this. Yes it would take some $$$ to make it happen and here before God and everyone on the 34 & Counting board, when I win this stupid powerball I will make it happen.

This was the 2021 WNO.

Feldman was the #1 P4P last year. At tOSU this year.

The scramble starting at 1:20 is pretty high level, especially for heavies.

Reactions: JAY45
I know RTC is all the talk right now and rightfully so.

my question is who are some names we could get in it to train and prepare? JO, Dieringer? Fix of course. But who else? How many elite wrestlers can make a RTC successful?
Great Questions -
We need more people to sign up & support so we can find out!!

Reactions: osu2082
Why can’t we just be happy he will be signing his NLI soon to be a cowboy?
I don't recall saying I was not happy. If you quit asking questions you quit learning. I apologize for asking questions and trying to become a more informed Cowboy wrestling fan.

Excitement + a healthy dose of Cowboy cynicism is where I usually land.

Great news but it ain't real until it's real and he's here on the mat!

Reactions: PoOsKuE
Umm...

There's an article on Rokfin that says Carroll told Matscouts (Willie's channel) that he currently plans to be a 197. Didn't see that coming.

Umm...

There's an article on Rokfin that says Carroll told Matscouts (Willie's channel) that he currently plans to be a 197. Didn't see that coming.
if, as in the reply by his father to Willie on a post, Christian is in fact currently weighing 248, i don't see where that 50 lbs would come from!

Good to hear! Pretty great class we’ve gotten this year.

Yep. Probably going to be #2 behind Iowa... But their top signee is a high level football recruit (4* linebacker) so chances are he will be told he can't wrestle once he goes through football season. It's happened... But would he a surprise.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT