ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

College sports is now for big boys. Want to get paid and leave when the going gets tough? Take the heat that goes with that.

Reactions: bwel9339
I thought he was going to be an AA as well. Needed help developing and learning how to finish shots so naturally he wants to go to a higher quality wrestling program to help him achieve his goals.

125 Spratley, Witcraft, Incoming Jordon 133 Daton , Witcraft , Hughes 141 Alvarez, redshirt Young , Travis, Bloemhof, 149 Williams, Sheets 157 Melcher, Monibog, 165 Olejnik, juco transfer,174, Plott or Wittlake , Skidgel 184 Wittlake , Thompson, Mower, 197 Surber, Haas (season long wrestle off competition makes you better) heavyweight Carrol , Doucet, Simpson… that’s not to bad. 157 needs to step it up. 5 to 6 all Americans potential?

I thought he was going to be an AA as well. Needed help developing and learning how to finish shots so naturally he wants to go to a higher quality wrestling program to help him achieve his goals.

There is some of that but he will also end up somewhere that will provide more scholarship money for his brother than we were willing to give.

There is some of that but he will also end up somewhere that will provide more scholarship money for his brother than we were willing to give.
He also wasn’t really happy with how the last 4 weeks went down with training and when to give them a rest and work more mental training than grind you into the ground at the end of the season. Everything added together just made sense for him to leave.

This for sure (0 scholly for lil bro) and I think the uncertainty of starting next year played a part in it.

There was no uncertainty about Victor for next season. Losing him is a massive loss and sets us back at 149.
He scored 1 point for us in the tourney and went 19-13 on the season. From everything I've heard he is a great young man so losing a high character person is never good, but even if lost half as much next year and doubled his tournament output, that really doesn't move the needle.

Reactions: gyppoke
He scored 1 point for us in the tourney and went 19-13 on the season. From everything I've heard he is a great young man so losing a high character person is never good, but even if lost half as much next year and doubled his tournament output, that really doesn't move the needle.

He was a RS freshman in one of the two deepest weight classes in the country and made the round of 16, beating a top 10 guy in Jaden Abas along the way... Voinovich has a high ceiling and I would've put money on him to AA next season with the Pokes.

He was a RS freshman in one of the two deepest weight classes in the country and made the round of 16, beating a top 10 guy in Jaden Abas along the way... Voinovich has a high ceiling and I would've put money on him to AA next season with the Pokes.
The same Jaden Abas who just got completely bodied and rolled off the mat by Teague Travis? I get your position, but if losing a guy who went 19-13 and scored 1 tourney point is a huge loss, then the state of the program is truly as bad doomers say, and I'm not buying it.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
A RS freshman that lost 80% of those matches by a slim margin. If my recall is any good, he was in position to win a ton of those but got out scrambled in his own offensive efforts.

I consider this a big loss.

The same Jaden Abas who just got completely bodied and rolled off the mat by Teague Travis? I get your position, but if losing a guy who went 19-13 and scored 1 tourney point is a huge loss, then the state of the program is truly as bad doomers say, and I'm not buying it.

I'm going to prioritize his 2021 AA finish and perennial top 10 ranking in folkstyle over his freestyle results.

But hey maybe Teague Travis sees an opportunity and jumps several levels to take the 149 spot!

Reactions: Chasingthirty-five
Quick Line-up Check:

125: Spratley/Upgrade
133: Fix/Known commodity
141: Alvarez/Upgrade?
149: Hole - Jordan Williams?
157: Jordan Williams?/Higher upside, lack of experience
165: Olejnik/Upgrade
174: Plott?
184: Wittlake/Thompson?
197: Surber
285: Doucet/Carroll?

Pretty sure you'll end up watching him move that needle for another team.

If Thompson makes it to campus he will beat Whittlake
Hope that’s the case. Some said the same about Haas. Thompson is a different animal.

Another season of Wittlake at 184 would limit the Team. I take no pleasure in saying that.

Reactions: bwel9339
Hope that’s the case. Some said the same about Haas. Thompson is a different animal.

Another season of Wittlake at 184 would limit the Team. I take no pleasure in saying that.
I'm really hoping Plott takes a redshirt and Travis goes down to 174

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45

Some did say that about Haas. If I recall correctly it was that Haas was taking down AJ and would be at Keckeisen level. I’m still shaking my head about that. Throw enough out there and some of it will stick.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Vv is a loss and to say other wise is stupid
Haas taking Aj down was folklore at best
If you believe That then I got some land I need to sale you with a ocean front view
Carroll is super special

Last edited:
Can’t recall which dual that Haas got thrown into but I was not impressed.No offense.
He wrestled HWT against Iowa State and it is likely no one was impressed. In the US Open he was a physical matchup when the 1st period was pushing 2nd period his opponent started wrestling and then Haas was in trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT