ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question...

That's not necessarily true. Without publicly subsidized highways and roads, there would be more incentive for innovation in transportation. The existing transportation paradigm has been propped up by government for decades and we've seen little innovation as a result. If the private sector can send a rocket to space for a fraction of the cost, why couldn't they figure out a way to move people and goods around for cheaper too?

Maybe so. I don't think so, but maybe.

Do your really think that without the Interstate Highway System Act of 1956 being enacted that there would have been innovation in transportation means and technology that we have seen up to this point? I don't?

Would Elon Musk ever even bothered to try to build a Tesla and shoot it into space if we were all still driving on back roads and state routes? I don't think so.

Private sector and other technological innovation is also sparked and supported by public infrastructure. I would suggest and argue that public sector infrastructure is the foundation upon which private sector innovation is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: verb and dnhall
What if I don’t share their views as you have mind read them to be?

America has a complicated and contradictory history, but...

You’ve got it all figured out, don’t you?

Anybody that disagrees with you hates America.:rolleyes:
I don't have it all figured out but I do have most of it wired for sure. It is clearly an anti-American view, JD. There's no getting around that. "A complicated and contradictory history"? What country doesn't have one? We also have the most extraordinary and compassionate history ever! But you'd never know it. When Howard Zinn wrote the book, The Peoples History of the United States" and it was introduced into the curriculum, it turned a generation against it's own country. I believe it's prevalent in the Portland school system and look at that wonderful little mecca of ingrates every night.

Maybe they should teach these kids what REAL evil looks like and turn their focus to China. They better get to know them well as they very possibly could be called on to fight with them at some point in the not so distant future. The situation with China is very much like the world situation in 1937 and 1938. But, no, we're the bad guys, right?

However, the self loathing view of our country that is taught is reckless and leads us to exactly where we are. The predictably horrible results of the good intentions of the left are seldom held up to the light and exposed as the repetitive failures that they are. Just look at so many of the Democratically run cities mired in absolute chaos, lawlessness and debt. The media shields the "deplorables" from the shameful results that they also peddle by hiding the damning optics. They actually defend them as peaceful protestors as fires rage behind them.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Maybe so. I don't think so, but maybe.

Do your really think that without the Interstate Highway System Act of 1956 being enacted that there would have been innovation in transportation means and technology that we have seen up to this point? I don't?

Would Elon Musk ever even bothered to try to build a Tesla and shoot it into space if we were all still driving on back roads and state routes? I don't think so.

Private sector and other technological innovation is also sparked and supported by public infrastructure. I would suggest and argue that public sector infrastructure is the foundation upon which private sector innovation is possible.

Absolutely. There was innovation in transportation means and technology before that, why wouldn't there have been without it?

I don't have it all figured out but I do have most of it wired for sure. It is clearly an anti-American view, JD. There's no getting around that. "A complicated and contradictory history"? What country doesn't have one? We also have the most extraordinary and compassionate history ever! But you'd never know it. When Howard Zinn wrote the book, The Peoples History of the United States" and it was introduced into the curriculum, it turned a generation against it's own country. I believe it's prevalent in the Portland school system and look at that wonderful little mecca of ingrates every night.

Maybe they should teach these kids what REAL evil looks like and turn their focus to China. They better get to know them well as they very possibly could be called on to fight with them at some point in the not so distant future. The situation with China is very much like the world situation in 1937 and 1938. But, no, we're the bad guys, right?

However, the self loathing view of our country that is taught is reckless and leads us to exactly where we are. The predictably horrible results of the good intentions of the left are seldom held up to the light and exposed as the repetitive failures that they are. Just look at so many of the Democratically run cities mired in absolute chaos, lawlessness and debt. The media shields the "deplorables" from the shameful results that they also peddle by hiding the damning optics. They actually defend them as peaceful as fires rage behind them.

Where are you getting that because people who are victims of discrimination, racism, or sexism speak out concerning what has happened to them, it is taught loathing of our country? I don’t think victims of this mistreatment need to be taught anything about how unfair that is and how it isn’t what is promised in our Constitution for ALL AMERICANS.

You may think America is perfect but any objective view of 21st century America would verify we have a long way to go to ensure every American has the same rights and treatment as any other. That is fact and objectively, it should be ok to advocate for changes that get us closer to the promise our constitution speaks of concerning rights for all Americans. No one needs to take it personal if some Americans wish for better treatment than they currently get as Americans. Most protesting just want people to hear their story and concern and help get it changed. That is the group wanting to change things not the hoodlums that take the opportunity to steal and destroy property. As usual, you can’t lump them all together just because the hoodlums use the protest to provide cover for theft and vandalism while most had no intention to do anything but showcase what is wrong hoping to change it.

Rest assured that in Oklahoma schools, nobody is teaching the loathing of America of that I’m certain. But our kids know what our constitution says their rights are and they can certainly tell if some are being violated in this country, some being victims themselves. Expect them to speak out as I’m sure you would if you were discriminated against or had your rights violated and know most don’t approve of rioting to break out of what they intended as a peaceful protest of injustices still happening in America.

Where are you getting that because people who are victims of discrimination, racism, or sexism speak out concerning what has happened to them, it is taught loathing of our country? I don’t think victims of this mistreatment need to be taught anything about how unfair that is and how it isn’t what is promised in our Constitution for ALL AMERICANS.

You may think America is perfect but any objective view of 21st century America would verify we have a long way to go to ensure every American has the same rights and treatment as any other. That is fact and objectively, it should be ok to advocate for changes that get us closer to the promise our constitution speaks of concerning rights for all Americans. No one needs to take it personal if some Americans wish for better treatment than they currently get as Americans. Most protesting just want people to hear their story and concern and help get it changed. That is the group wanting to change things not the hoodlums that take the opportunity to steal and destroy property. As usual, you can’t lump them all together just because the hoodlums use the protest to provide cover for theft and vandalism while most had no intention to do anything but showcase what is wrong hoping to change it.

Rest assured that in Oklahoma schools, nobody is teaching the loathing of America of that I’m certain. But our kids know what our constitution says their rights are and they can certainly tell if some are being violated in this country, some being victims themselves. Expect them to speak out as I’m sure you would if you were discriminated against or had your rights violated and know most don’t approve of rioting to break out of what they intended as a peaceful protest of injustices still happening in America.

That's great, but I think you are missing or not listening to a major component of this movement that actually hates the constitution and wants to tear the whole system down. Certainly many want what you talked about, but lets not pretend there isn't a significant revolutionary element to all of this.

That's great, but I think you are missing or not listening to a major component of this movement that actually hates the constitution and wants to tear the whole system down. Certainly many want what you talked about, but lets not pretend there isn't a significant revolutionary element to all of this.

You can either focus on the MINORITY espousing that negative view or listen to and focus on the MAJORITY that simply want to live the American Dream as Americans too.

Why? Because they are NOT one and the same and trying to lump them together is inaccurate and disingenuous.

You can either focus on the MINORITY espousing that negative view or listen to and focus on the MAJORITY that simply want to live the American Dream as Americans too.

Why? Because they are NOT one and the same and trying to lump them together is inaccurate and disingenuous.

I'm not sure its as small of a minority as you think, but they certainly have a very prominent platform. All the leaders of the BLM organization have actually openly endorsed Marxism and burning it all down. You can't say those people don't have any influence.

Regardless it needs to be pushed back against, can't let it gain traction. Just because you see people pushing back on the Marxist elements doesn't mean they disagree with stopping discrimination

Last edited:
I'm not sure its as small of a minority as you think, but they certainly have a very prominent platform. All the leaders of the BLM organization have actually openly endorsed Marxism and burning it all down. You can't say those people don't have any influence.

Regardless it needs to be pushed back against, can't let it gain traction. Just because you see people pushing back on the Marxist elements doesn't mean they disagree with stopping discrimination
+1

Racism sucks.

It's offensive that such an obvious and statistically speaking - universally held - sentiment in this country is reduced to a bumper sticker slogan, derivative logo and forced recitation upon pain of being branded a racist.

I am not a racist, and I will not be coerced into saying something as obviously true as "black lives matter" for the sake of political inoculation. The implication is that there are a statistically meaningful block of Americans who think black lives don't matter, and that's simply not true. At an organizational level, BLM inc is an anti-American marxist front, shell organization. Period. Their own fund-raising chain and website mission statements prove that. They have great branding though!

The branding lie we are told comes in the form of the concept that if "black lives matter" as an axiomatic reality is true, then any criticism of BLM inc. at the organizational level is racist and only racists would do that.

In reality, there's nothing wrong with rejecting BLM inc fully, and yet still believing (without kneeling or being forced to virtue signal about it) that black lives obviously matter as much as any other lives, to which we should all collectively say, "no shit."

It's offensive that such an obvious and statistically speaking - universally held - sentiment in this country is reduced to a bumper sticker slogan, derivative logo and forced recitation upon pain of being branded a racist.

I am not a racist, and I will not be coerced into saying something as obviously true as "black lives matter" for the sake of political inoculation. The implication is that there are a statistically meaningful block of Americans who think black lives don't matter, and that's simply not true. At an organizational level, BLM inc is an anti-American marxist front, shell organization. Period. Their own fund-raising chain and website mission statements prove that. They have great branding though!

The branding lie we are told comes in the form of the concept that if "black lives matter" as an axiomatic reality is true, then any criticism of BLM inc. at the organizational level is racist and only racists would do that.

In reality, there's nothing wrong with rejecting BLM inc fully, and yet still believing (without kneeling or being forced to virtue signal about it) that black lives obviously matter as much as any other lives, to which we should all collectively say, "no shit."

Right. BLM has rhetorical immunity. Any criticism and they can respond with "what you don't think black lives matter?!?!". Its brilliant actually.

1) Oklahoma would be an exception to most of the education indoctrination but certainly it seeps in. Try living in California. It's PC gone freakin' wild. At some point, I'll relate exactly what my twin boys just went through in Freshman English at a California College last semester. 100% indoctrination and intimidation.

2) Nobody said we were perfect as a nation. Nobody. Despite our many faults (Nam being the perfect example) we are as good as it gets. We have freed millions of people in this world and asked for nothing in return except for peace and a place to bury our dead.

3) Your view of this systemic racism is pure nonsense and not supported by the facts. Prove it to me. Good luck. There's never been a better time in our nation's history to be a person of color. Never. As I've said on numerous occasions....this isn't Selma 1965. Quit pretending it is and stirring up hatred and division where it simply doesn't exist. BLM is pure bullshit. If you want to support Marxism, hatred and destruction of family and country then have at it. I'm not onboard. I can read.

1) Oklahoma would be an exception to most of the education indoctrination but certainly it seeps in. Try living in California. It's PC gone freakin' wild. At some point, I'll relate exactly what my twin boys just went through in Freshman English at a California College last semester. 100% indoctrination and intimidation.

2) Nobody said we were perfect as a nation. Nobody. Despite our many faults (Nam being the perfect example) we are as good as it gets. We have freed millions of people in this world and asked for nothing in return except for peace and a place to bury our dead.

3) Your view of this systemic racism is pure nonsense and not supported by the facts. Prove it to me. Good luck. There's never been a better time in our nation's history to be a person of color. Never. As I've said on numerous occasions....this isn't Selma 1965. Quit pretending it is and stirring up hatred and division where it simply doesn't exist. BLM is pure bullshit. If you want to support Marxism, hatred and destruction of family and country then have at it. I'm not onboard. I can read.

All I’m saying is if you aren’t a person of color that has been a victim of racism you don’t know what you’re talking about and you should know it. I certainly do. Neither of us will EVER walk a mile in their shoes so we don’t know and will never know.

All I’m saying is if you aren’t a person of color that has been a victim of racism you don’t know what you’re talking about and you should know it. I certainly do. Neither of us will EVER walk a mile in their shoes so we don’t know and will never know.
Yes but we know what is right and wrong- MANY people DIED freeing slaves- so it can be looked at many ways. You can say “y’all had slaves damn you” or “hey thanks!”

How about if we just look forward and quit having liberals divide us by having us all go back in time emotional wise? That’s freakin WRONG. Hell yes racism is out there- But like someone just posted- never a better time to be in the USA if of color so Libs please stop the identity politics. Anyone that knows how BLM is and doesn’t call them out are corrupt. Some are just nieve and don’t know how bad they are but lotta people covering for them.

Reactions: 77cowboy

However, the self loathing view of our country that is taught is reckless and leads us to exactly where we are. The predictably horrible results of the good intentions of the left are seldom held up to the light and exposed as the repetitive failures that they are. Just look at so many of the Democratically run cities mired in absolute chaos, lawlessness and debt. The media shields the "deplorables" from the shameful results that they also peddle by hiding the damning optics. They actually defend them as peaceful protestors as fires rage behind them.

I read and studied Zinn’s history...multiple times....in great detail.

Didn’t turn me against America.

Ignoring the darker side of our own history and focusing only on the evils of other countries is equally reckless and has equally led us to where we are today.

It’s not a binary, either or, black or white situation.

Reactions: bigjkt405
Thread Title: Honest question:

Thread Reply Title: Honest Question right back at you:

Do you think it is coincidental (and not political) that the West Coast and the Canadian Border are the conferences that chose to cancel the seasons, while it is the SW and SE that chose to say FU we are playing?

IMHO: Those Elitist presidents wanted to do it politically and it has NOTHING to do with safety. Just sit and watch as they allow thousands onto campus and into college town bars without quarantine, while they punish 125 football players. The hypocrisy of that alone PROVES 100% it is political.

Please refute that

I will limit what opinions I vocalize based on specifically my personal experiences when you do the same.

Tebow took a knee and was derided for his beliefs.

I see this comment about Tebow mentioned all the time in reference to Kaepernick, but I does anyone actually have any evidence / articles / etc to any harsh widespread criticism of Tebow for taking a knee?

Football players have taken a knee in prayer before and after football games for DECADES and no one has said anything about it. Some even after touchdowns. And it’s always been fine. There was never a national argument over whether it was OK. It was just accepted. As it should be.

Were there a few people mocking him here or there? Sure. But there are a few people mocking literally every player for everything that they do. That’s how sports fandom works.

But this whole “Tebow was skewered for kneeling respectfully & Kaepernick was praised for being disrespectful” argument is comparing completely unrelated things with vastly different responses, IMO. And is somehow acting like half of the country refused to watch the NFL until Tebow stopped taking a knee. Or that he was forced out of the league for doing so. Neither of which I recall happening to any degree.

Maybe I just missed it ten years ago, but I lived and breathed sports radio, message boards, etc. then & I never saw 5% of the hate for Tebow that Kaepernick got — at least not for Tim taking a knee.

Did I just totally miss something? Honest question.

Last edited:
Black athletes can speak up about racial injustices and the “official” BLM org can be something that not everyone is in line with. These two truths can coexist.

Because the premise of this thread is political (albeit a good topic as it relates to sports and sports discussion), I’ll throw in my two cents here: when you have a president who actively seeks division through constant “Us vs. Them” messaging, childish nicknames and general pettiness, it’s no surprise that the country feels more divided than it’s been in a while. This didn’t happen on accident.
Didn't start under trump just got worse, been going on for longer than that and was just stewing. Social media and its ability to mass produce and mass distribute messaging and calls to action and shaming has really fed the monster big time.

Last edited:
I see this comment about Tebow mentioned all the time in reference to Kaepernick, but I does anyone actually have any evidence / articles / etc to any harsh widespread criticism of Tebow for taking a knee?

Football players have taken a knee in prayer before and after football games for DECADES and no one has said anything about it. Some even after touchdowns. And it’s always been fine. There was never a national argument over whether it was OK. It was just accepted. As it should be.

Were there a few people mocking him here or there? Sure. But there are a few people mocking literally every player for everything that they do. That’s how sports fandom works.

But this whole “Tebow was skewered for kneeling respectfully & Kaepernick was praised for being disrespectful” argument is comparing completely unrelated things with vastly different responses, IMO. And is somehow acting like half of the country refused to watch the NFL until Tebow stopped taking a knee. Or that he was forced out of the league for doing so. Neither of which I recall happening to any degree.

Maybe I just missed it ten years ago, but I lived and breathed sports radio, message boards, etc. then & I never saw 5% of the hate for Tebow that Kaepernick got — at least not for Tim taking a knee.

Did I just totally miss something? Honest question.

Nobody said it was inversely proportionate. Just that one guy was mocked and the other was given massive NIKE and Disney contracts and was installed as a civil rights hero.

Do you really believe we live in a post-racial/post-racist country within 55 years of the Selma marches?

Or are you telling it’s not as bad as it used to be when your parents and grandparents marched, so you guys should just STFU?

Do you really believe we live in a post-racial/post-racist country within 55 years of the Selma marches?

Or are you telling it’s not as bad as it used to be when your parents and grandparents marched, so you guys should just STFU?
Yes, you should STFU when all your arguments and actions are based on total duplicitous BS and proven lies. For God sake, we've had a 2 term black President!! That was unimaginable 55 years ago. And he could have been a transformational President. Instead he divided us more than ever by race and gender. What a lost opportunity that was to unite. And what did he do for the Black people? Damn sure didn't create jobs. But I know who did.

You lefties control academia, Hollywood and the media. I guess that makes you responsible for all the so called systemic racism.

Explain this to me, JD. A black man in NC walks up to a 5 year old white kid playing outside his house in the yard and casually puts a bullet in the little boys head. Zero effin' protest. Nothing. In the meantime, an unhealthy career criminal and crackhead who's blood stream was full of narcotics dies after resisting arrest for passing a counterfeit 20 dollar bill and cities burn and people die. I'm not absolving the cop here but is that what passes for a hero nowadays to the "movement"? I can't imagine why I wouldn't respect that brilliant logic. Especially in light of the fact that we have the real data and this "epidemic" of cops shooting black people at some disproportionate rate is simply NOT TRUE. It's as fictional as the whole "Hands up, don't shoot" crap that has been repeated so many time that people actually believe it. How clear do the facts need to be before the left ditches the 1968 "rage against the machine and power to the people" little act?

And it's not really even a movement as much as it's a sad and tired cliche'. You sit around raising a fist while claiming "Black Lives Matter" as if somehow you're hipper and more woke than the deplorable white people like me who all sit around callously using the N word while trying to figure out ways to hold black people back and "in their place". That's total bullshit. I don't know ANYONE who does that or even thinks that way.

It's ok to look in the rear view mirror but it's not ok to stare at it. It deludes you into thinking the past is still the present. It ain't. It may not be perfect yet but it's not even in the same universe. There's never been a better time to be a person of color in this country. Especially if you're willing to put in the effort.

Whining accomplishes nothing and Marxism is fatal.

Last edited:

If the cops who had been on the scene when Floyd died had been immediately arrested, charged and detained until their court date (not that I think that should have happened at all), the protests would have been a lot different, no?

I think there are some major differences there.

Statistically speaking, obviously yes. Humanity is never going to to be so free of evil as to meet whatever litmus test would work for 100% racist free. We have artificially elevated racial strife over the last 8 years.

If the cops who had been on the scene when Floyd died had been immediately arrested, charged and detained until their court date (not that I think that should have happened at all), the protests would have been a lot different, no?

I think there are some major differences there.
You're right, there are major differences. One was an innocent 5 year old child playing in his front yard who was assassinated. The other was a career criminal, drug addict loser who got caught passing a counterfeit $20 bill and resisting arrest. Other than that, I guess the situations are identical.

You're right, there are major differences. One was an innocent 5 year old child playing in his front yard who was assassinated. The other was a career criminal, drug addict loser who got caught passing a counterfeit $20 bill and resisting arrest. Other than that, I guess the situations are identical.

But, what exactly would the protest be for the murdered child? Hardly anyone protests when schools are shot up and students of all ages and ethnicities are murdered. Because you can't protest against crazy, violent psychopaths. You have to have something to protest against. It's hard to protest against random acts of violence by private citizens. It's not as hard to protest that the state's police force is too violent, etc... Even if it is being misconstrued.

What happened to the 5 year old boy is disgusting and unfathomable. As far as I know, we still don't have any kind of explanation for why the killer did what he did. It seems likely that mental illness played a role (it would have to, right?). The murderer is in prison, and will, almost assuredly, be there for the rest of his life.

GF was not resisting arrest. Maybe you don't agree, but being a drug addict, being a loser, or passing a counterfeit bill don't seem like transgressions that should be punishable by death.

Comparing these two tragic situations is a false equivalency.

What happened to the 5 year old boy is disgusting and unfathomable. As far as I know, we still don't have any kind of explanation for why the killer did what he did. It seems likely that mental illness played a role (it would have to, right?). The murderer is in prison, and will, almost assuredly, be there for the rest of his life.

GF was not resisting arrest. Maybe you don't agree, but being a drug addict, being a loser, or passing a counterfeit bill don't seem like transgressions that should be punishable by death.

To you it is. The former is MUCH worse. You don't see the difference between an innocent child vs career criminal. Who's making the false equivalency here?

We are all people of color.

My wife has been a victim of violent crime twice in her life that I suspect was racially motivated.

Though her attackers we're blacks with hatred towards whites, we have been mature enough to understand that most blacks are not racist.

After seeing so many run to support the reverse racism espoused by the BLM org, and the violence and wickedness connected to their "peaceful protests," I'm questioning that for the first time in my life.

Racism comes in many forms and is not limited to one color versus another. Reverse racism is very real and my wife still suffers today because of it.

George Floyd was not resisting arrest!?

what freaking world are you living in? Go watch the full video and come back here and tell me that he wasn’t resisting arrest.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Yes but we know what is right and wrong- MANY people DIED freeing slaves- so it can be looked at many ways. You can say “y’all had slaves damn you” or “hey thanks!”

How about if we just look forward and quit having liberals divide us by having us all go back in time emotional wise? That’s freakin WRONG. Hell yes racism is out there- But like someone just posted- never a better time to be in the USA if of color so Libs please stop the identity politics. Anyone that knows how BLM is and doesn’t call them out are corrupt. Some are just nieve and don’t know how bad they are but lotta people covering for them.

BLM and a lot of PEACEFUL protesters are not the same. I haven’t defended and won’t defend anti-American efforts or rioting. I will defend peaceful protest and understand there are many Americans that have had different and worse experiences living in this country than I have had or even the majority of posters here have had. I support the efforts to end discrimination and overt racism not the defund the police crowd or those who riot, vandalize, and steal.

BLM and a lot of PEACEFUL protesters are not the same. I haven’t defended and won’t defend anti-American efforts or rioting. I will defend peaceful protest and understand there are many Americans that have had different and worse experiences living in this country than I have had or even the majority of posters here have had. I support the efforts to end discrimination and overt racism not the defund the police crowd or those who riot, vandalize, and steal.
+1

To you it is. The former is MUCH worse. You don't see the difference between an innocent child vs career criminal. Who's making the false equivalency here?

You are. The two events are completely separate from each other. Neither has anything in common with the other. We can't cherry pick two awful occurrences, that resulted in the death of an innocent victim, and draw conclusions based on differing responses. The two events are getting different responses from the media/public because they are two different situations. It has nothing to do with the skin color of the victims or the alleged murderers.

You are. The two events are completely separate from each other. Neither has anything in common with the other. We can't cherry pick two awful occurrences, that resulted in the death of an innocent victim, and draw conclusions based on differing responses. The two events are getting different responses from the media/public because they are two different situations. It has nothing to do with the skin color of the victims or the alleged murderers.

Bullbutter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT