ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the vid of the INT call

It wasn't an interception for the same reason the TD catch by the OU TE at the back of the endzone wasn't a catch.

What about the expired play clock on the fake field goal td? Refs royally screwed up there. Would have pushed up back 5 and they probably wouldn't have tried it. Instead of a tie game, oSu leads 17-13.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

First of all, the clock you see on the screen isn't alwasy in synce with the officials clock, also, if you'll watch the replay, the clock never reset to 35 seconds, it started counting down from 32 seconds, get your facts straight aggie.

Originally posted by CowboyMedic:
What about the expired play clock on the fake field goal td? Refs royally screwed up there. Would have pushed up back 5 and they probably wouldn't have tried it. Instead of a tie game, oSu leads 17-13.

When the play clock reaches :00, the ref looks to see if the ball has been snapped. If snapped during that brief interval as his eyes move from the clock to the center, then DoG will NOT be called. This has been explained countless times during CFB and NFL broadcasts. Just the nature of the game. If you were a football school instead of a rasslin' school, you people would know this.

Originally posted by ccccsdad:

First of all, the clock you see on the screen isn't alwasy in synce with the officials clock, also, if you'll watch the replay, the clock never reset to 35 seconds, it started counting down from 32 seconds, get your facts straight aggie.
I have watched the replay of the game. The play clock reset to 40 seconds after the play before the fake. You also see a clear shot of the play clock that is on the wall of the EEZ that matches up with the play clock that ESPN has. Both read 0 for a few seconds before the ball is snapped. Now you tell me HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT JUST A SPLIT SECOND. That was Delay of Game.

Why is this a surprise? We very rarely lose this game.

So much for who is really the underdog in this matchup. It's never going to be the Sooners.

Clock was at :00 for less than "one Mississippi." I suppose that could be a couple of seconds in the Stillwater drawl, but for normal people that's less than a second. It's simply a call that you won't get, like a 2nd to 1st double play when the shortstop doesn't actually have the ball as he tags the bag. But regardless, wasn't that a heckuva game?

Originally posted by soonerinlOUisiana:

When the play clock reaches :00, the ref looks to see if the ball has been snapped. If snapped during that brief interval as his eyes move from the clock to the center, then DoG will NOT be called. This has been explained countless times during CFB and NFL broadcasts. Just the nature of the game. If you were a football school instead of a rasslin' school, you people would know this.
I'd like to see where THAT is in the rule book. I watch a lot of football and never have I heard it explained that you actually get a second or two beyond zero. It hasn't happened.

Originally posted by CowboyJD:

Originally posted by soonerinlOUisiana:

I'd like to see where THAT is in the rule book. I watch a lot of football and never have I heard it explained that you actually get a second or two beyond zero. It hasn't happened.
You definitely won't find it in a rule book and a delay of game penalty should be called when the play clock hits :00; however, I have also heard the above explanation a few times during broadcasts of different games (including one in the last two or three weeks). Here is a link to a similar discussion to what is being talked about in this thread.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090108185059AAIwie6

Are you SERIOUSLY citing a yahoo answers board as authority?

Just wondering.

Not to mention that the majority of the response reflect simply "the ref blew it".

Not to mention that one of your fellow goons said it has been explained COUNTLESS times on tv.

Yahoo answers?

Really?

I knew responding on this board probably wasn't a very wise idea. JD, I'm not sure why my post generated such a seemingly hostile response. I was simply providing a link to illustrate that someone else had heard that same explanation in a broadcast, since you stated that, despite watching a lot of football games, you had never heard that explained. I heard that very same explanation on an NFL broadcast very recently. Nowhere did I imply that anyone responding in that yahoo thread or anyone else for that matter (including broadcasters) were in a position of "authority". I even clearly stated that this wasn't in any rulebook and I explicitly said that a delay of game penalty was warranted. I was just trying to post a civil response on your board, much as you try to do when, on the rare occasion, you post on the Sooner board. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers and I will just leave well enough alone in the future. Peace.

Fair enough Crimson Dog. I read your post as a defense of your fellow Sooner claiming that not calling a delay was perfectly justified and appropriate. My apologies.

If you watch the game replay, they cut away from the previous plays replay, and show the play clock starting it's countdown from 32, it never reset. Also that is not the official game clock/play clock. Again, get your facts straight Aggie.

Get your "facts" from somewhere than the internet GOON. The official game clock is also in the video and is synced with it and it reset. I was at the game and the refs just missed it. It doesn't change the results of the game. I don't understand why you goons feel the need to defend an obviously blown call. That crap happens, and no one is claiming conspiracy by pointing out a missed call.

No it's not. The official clock was shown in the video and was the same. Additionally, I was at the game at the clock had run down.

The answer is the refs missed, shit happens, and at this point it doesn't really matter.

So all you Goons can all stop coming over to defend a missed call as accurate and correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT