ADVERTISEMENT

Health Care

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
When the U.S. consumer stares at the health insurance industry and says, "Nah, we're good, let's try another way."

GIVE US HEALTH CARE FREE FROM THE INSURANCE MIDDLE MAN!

I asked this previously: If I have Medicare for All, do I need to buy supplemental insurance? My mom is on Medicare, and she has a supplemental plan and an separate prescription drug plan. Will this be true for everyone or are we talking a true 100% government-payer plan (which medicare is not).

Reactions: 1981grad
I asked this previously: If I have Medicare for All, do I need to buy supplemental insurance? My mom is on Medicare, and she has a supplemental plan and an separate prescription drug plan. Will this be true for everyone or are we talking a true 100% government-payer plan (which medicare is not).
Not on the Bernie plan.

Oh oh oh NOW the Fox News audience drips with credibility. AMAZING how that works.

Leave this thread, you have nothign to contribute. You don't pay health insurance premiums. You don't earn the premiums. Someone else probably goes to work every day to pay for your premiums. You would never relate to the plight of people that have to deal with this shit.

Reactions: Pokeabear
Leave this thread, you have nothign to contribute. You don't pay health insurance premiums. You don't earn the premiums. Someone else probably goes to work every day to pay for your premiums. You would never relate to the plight of people that have to deal with this shit.

You post about Nazis and Russians all the time. Does that mean...gasp!

Is there a parallel buried in that non sequitur?

Yea I’ll explain it. I cant post about insurance premiums because I don’t pay them. That’s your argument. But you post as a Russian expert and collusion expert all the time. Where do you get your authority to do that?

Yea I’ll explain it. I cant post about insurance premiums because I don’t pay them. That’s your argument. But you post as a Russian expert and collusion expert all the time. Where do you get your authority to do that?

I'm sorry, Wharry. Again, please accept another apology. I should be kinder to you. You're right, and I appreciate you helping me see the error in my ways.

PLEASE tell us your thoughts on health care.

I'm sorry, Wharry. Again, please accept another apology. I should be kinder to you. You're right, and I appreciate you helping me see the error in my ways.

PLEASE tell us your thoughts on health care.

Thank you apology accepted.

Liberals should be aborted to bring down costs.

Hope this helped.

That's half the equation. Anybody added up the bill NOW?

Dollar for dollar out my pocket after tax, phucks me compared to today. Get a job with benefits, kill the ACA. Join the military and you get healthcare and an education. Fix prescription drug costs by requiring Americans to not be charged more than what it is sold outside of the country, tort reform, open up competition across state lines, require every health system to charge every insurance company the lowest price it has contracted to any insurance company or individual.

Do not allow insurance companies to cherry pick risk pools and over punish those that have a pre-existing condition or are getting older.

Regulate profits in the Health systems just like a utility, give them a very fair and good return. Establish efficiency benchmarks that allows them to keep more profits for outstanding results.

If you are unemployed or an illegal, require these individuals to work for the state or federal government picking up trash, making roads, etc...and the wages are used to cover their health costs and for this to not be passed on to those who work, pay taxes, and have insurance. If you are an illegal, take care of the health emergency and once treated, ship them back to their country. If they return again they go in to a governmental work program that is a basically a prison system for non-violent offenders.

If you are too sick or old to work, set-up an indigent fund to help pay for their health costs, this would be far cheaper than full blown ”free” healthcare for all.

Nothing is a right, not education, not healthcare, nothing. You earn those rights by making good decisions and being productive, if you are incapable of neither that is called natural selection and stupid and lazy and ok with being stupid and lazy. Life is not fair, we all choose to marry and have kids, the family unit working together should take care of the family, thru tough economic times or illness. Hillary said it took a village to raise a child, well BS. The village did not impregnate, individuals thru decisions have kids, good or bad. Bad decisions have consequences, I hate seeing people suffer. If I want to help them? I have helped via charitable acts or charitable giving, but the government should never become our parents and force village parenting.

Last edited:
Dollar for dollar out my pocket after tax, phucks me compared to today. Get a job with benefits, kill the ACA. Join the military and you get healthcare and an education. Fix prescription drug costs by requiring Americans to not be charged more than what is sold outside of the country, tort reform, open up competition across state lines, require every health system to charge every insurance company the lowest price it has contracted to any insurance company or individual.

Do not allow insurance companies to cherry pick risk pools and over punish those that have a pre-existing condition or are getting older.

Regulate profits in the Health systems just like a utility, give them a very fair and good return. Establish efficiency benchmarks that allows them to keep more profits for outstanding results.

If you are unemployed or an illegal, require these individuals to work for the state or federal government picking up trash, making roads, etc...and the wages are used to cover their health costs and for this to not be passed on to those who work, pay taxes, and have insurance. If you are an illegal, take care of the health emergency and once treated, ship them back to their country. If they return again they go in to a governmental work program that is a basically a prison system for non-violent offenders.

If you are too sick or old to work, set-up an indigent fund to help pay for their health costs, this would be far cheaper than full blown ”free” healthcare for all.

Nothing is a right, not education, not healthcare, nothing. You earn those rights by making good decisions and being productive, if you are incapable of neither that is called natural selection and stupid and lazy ok with being stupid and lazy. Life is not fair, we all choose to marry and have kids, the family unit working together should take care of the family, thru tough economic times or illness. Hillary said it took a village to raise a child, well BS. The village did not impregnate, individuals thru decisions have kids, good or bad. Bad decisions have consequences, I hate seeing people suffer. If I want to help them? I have helped via charitable acts or charitable giving, but the government should never become our parents and force village parenting.

No, you added up the cost to the taxpayer. What's the current cost to the premium payers?

No, you added up the cost to the taxpayer. What's the current cost to the premium payers?

You are too stupid to understand my first sentence, I knew you were too stupid to get it. Medicare for all does not make providing healthcare cheaper, it just steals from those Dims crown as privileged to pay for those “less” privileged. It becomes a taxed hidden cost to society.

When Medicare happens, businesses that formerly paid for healthcare for their employees will now be taxed probably more than what it costs to provide that benefit to pay for nationalized healthcare. As a result, you turn a benefit to an employee that is not taxed on that benefit, in being paid to that employee on his wages under a much higher tax bracket to the individual as well. It is a double whammy, it phucks people. Businesses will not increase wages to make this up because they are now taxed to hell to pay for nationalized healthcare and they will not feel sorry for employees over it because they voted for it. Higher taxes means higher prices to maintain current profit margins, consumers get less of a paycheck and now has higher prices. Dims are phucking economic dumbasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Whoa, wait a minute. The ACA was supposed to make healthcare affordable. It's even in the law's title. What happened there?

So it should be called the "VA for all" plan, rather than the "Medicare for all" plan. I wonder how many people raise their hand if labeled that way given what we've seen with the VA.
VA for all doesn't have the same name recognition

Why do liberals complain about Defense spending when it’s free?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Cowguy and squeak
You are too stupid to understand my first sentence, I knew you were too stupid to get it. Medicare for all does not make providing healthcare cheaper, it just steals from those Dims crown as privileged to pay for those “less” privileged. It becomes a taxed hidden cost to society.

When Medicare happens, businesses that formerly paid for healthcare for their employees will now be taxed probably more than what it costs to provide that benefit to pay for nationalized healthcare. As a result, you turn a benefit to an employee that is not taxed on that benefit, in being paid to that employee on his wages under a much higher tax bracket to the individual as well. It is a double whammy, it phucks people. Businesses will not increase wages to make this up because they are now taxed to hell to pay for nationalized healthcare and they will not feel sorry for employees over it because they voted for it. Higher taxes means higher prices to maintain current profit margins, consumers get less of a paycheck and now has higher prices. Dims are phucking economic dumbasses.

Well what is the current cost of the premiums? I think it's an obvious question. You're the one that quantifies the cost of health care. Pretty basic analysis. I dont get the emotion, did your booger eatin' demagogues not prepare you for a basic question?

How come people don't complain about free high school education it cost more
than defense.
You do realize that "free" high school is paid for by in large part through property taxes so all property owners know that there is no such thing as "free" school and is also why school bond votes in local communities are one of the most contentious things people vote on.

Reactions: capanski
Well what is the current cost of the premiums? I think it's an obvious question. You're the one that quantifies the cost of health care. Pretty basic analysis. I dont get the emotion, did your booger eatin' demagogues not prepare you for a basic question?

Ok @Syskatine , guess you need it spelled out because the answer is obvious only to those who know nothing like you. Yup, easy basic question, that YOU need the answer on.

I sign every check and approve every invoice for the company I work for. My BCBS premium for the wife and myself is $1,074, I pay about $60 a month to opt in to the plan. The net benefit to me per month, is $1,014, or $12,168 annually that I pay zero taxes on, this is just on major medical. My company fully pays for dental, eye, and life insurance as well.

On major medical alone, that is $12,168 of benefit to me and our employees, our employees pay practically nothing for this.

If Medicare is passed, every company in this country will have to pay more in taxes than the health premiums they are paying now, for major medical my company pays $188,196 per year. In the future, companies will have to pay in taxes to cover the healthcare for people that do not even work for them. The taxes will have to cover their employees and for people they do not even know and not even on their payroll.

When the taxes of my company is raised, and probably past the current cost they pay for covering only their own employees, we make less money and provide a lesser benefit to our employees. Employees will take home less pay as well.

Bern is saying I will also have to pay more taxes for this, I bet at least $5K a year, So this means I lose $12,168 in major medical benefit, and take home $5K less, my company will not gross up my salary to make up for this lost $12,168 or for Bern’s higher individual tax rates to come out even after all of these new taxes. That is hitting me on both sides of the equation and I will get a worse medical plan, with lesser coverage, and long lines.

My company will have to raise prices to maintain our margins due to this tax, while consumers like me take home fewer dollars, giving me less dollars to spend to grow the economy. Inflation will go up, consumer spending will go down. Healthcare quality goes down.

Dims are economic idiots that will have all Americans living at just above the poverty line with no incentive to work.

Last edited:
Ok @Syskatine , guess you need it spelled out because the answer is obvious only to those who know nothing like you. Yup, easy basic question, that YOU need the answer on.

I sign every check and approve every invoice for the company I work for. My BCBS premium for the wife and myself is $1,074, I pay about $60 a month to opt in to the plan. The net benefit to me per month, is $1,014, or $12,168 annually that I pay zero taxes on, this is just on major medical. My company fully pays for dental, eye, and life insurance as well.

On major medical alone, that is $12,168 of benefit to me and our employees, our employees pay practically nothing for this.

If Medicare is passed, every company in this country will have to pay more in taxes than the health premiums they are paying now, for major medical my company pays $188,196 per year. In the future, companies will have to pay in taxes to cover the healthcare for people that do not even work for them. The taxes will have to cover their employees and for people they do not even know and not even on their payroll.

When the taxes of my company is raised, and probably past the current cost they pay for covering only their own employees, we make less money and provide a lesser benefit to our employees. Employees will take home less pay as well.

Bern is saying I will also have to pay more taxes for this, I bet at least $5K a year, So this means I lose $12,168 in major medical benefit, and take home $5K less, my company will not gross up my salary to make up for this lost $12,168 or for Bern’s higher individual tax rates to come out even after all of these new taxes. That is hitting me on both sides of the equation and I will get a worse medical plan, with lesser coverage, and long lines.

My company will have to raise prices to maintain our margins due to this tax, while consumers like me take home fewer dollars, giving me less dollars to spend to grow the economy. Inflation will go up, spending will go down. Healthcare quality goes down.

Dims are economic idiots that will have all Americans living at just above the poverty line with no incentive to work.
@Syskatine just had a train run on him.

My company will have to raise prices to maintain our margins due to this tax, while consumers like me take home fewer dollars, giving me less dollars to spend to grow the economy. Inflation will go up, spending will go down. Healthcare quality goes down.

lol

My company will have to raise prices to maintain our margins due to this tax, while consumers like me take home fewer dollars, giving me less dollars to spend to grow the economy. Inflation will go up, consumer spending will go down. Healthcare quality goes down.

Thank you, but try to engage in a conversation that doesn't revolve around you and the three feet around you. Very simple: You posted the "cost" of Bernie's plan, i.e. medicare for all. You think that cost is too much. Fine. What's the cost of the status quo? Simply comparing costs of two different approaches. I don't know what you pay and don't care, I'm using the metric of the overall cost that you used. If taxes are costs then so are premiums.

Thank you, but try to engage in a conversation that doesn't revolve around you and the three feet around you. Very simple: You posted the "cost" of Bernie's plan, i.e. medicare for all. You think that cost is too much. Fine. What's the cost of the status quo? Simply comparing costs of two different approaches. I don't know what you pay and don't care, I'm using the metric of the overall cost that you used. If taxes are costs then so are premiums.

I am engaging in a conversation that impacts hard working Americans and how do we keep the most important part for all of us, which is good paying jobs and low unemployment. I offered up other solutions to health care, you posted so quickly you did not even read my entire post.

You glaze over the facts of my post with one sentence that shows just how shallow your economic understanding of this is, I am thinking you are at AOC level in terms of math and economics. And perhaps one of the Dims that is a victim of life looking for reparations.

You keep moving the goal posts on this topic because you do not have the economic facts of Dims proposals on this and you want to avoid the current economic facts, facts you do not care about, but most importantly do not understand.

You said you wanted more details, now you say you do not care. Of course you do not care, you blindly follow Dim talking points, and have no idea how the economics impact people, nor care, talk about selfish and stupid. If Berns idea gave us better healthcare and a better economy I would be all for it, that is what is best for everyone, not stealing from some to give to others to buy votes, that is narcissistic.

You laugh at Trump for wanting to spend 5.8 billion on a wall, make fun of him for not having Mexico pay for it, but the difference here is people who voted for the wall, most knew Mexico would never pay for it. We know there is no free ride. But here, you could careless about a proposal that could cost trillions and destroy the economic recovery and push more people in to poverty and lay-offs. Free shit is free shit is what you believe. Guess more will starve to death or live on the side walks of San Fran as the economy fails, but at least they can see a doctor in 3 months. That is real humane.

I know several in the health insurance industry on all sides of the industry, been talking to them, some are staunch Dims, but they are not voting Dim next go round. No one in the health care profession including Doctors want Medicare for all. The ones I talk to believe there is no chance in hell it gets passed, just Bern making promises to buy votes. We are stuck with the ACA until such time as the RINOs decide to fix it.

Bernie offering the equivalent of Trump having Mexico pay for the wall and you actually believe it, but we are talking trillions here. Trump voters can admit he was being Trump on this, but you actually believe in the Easter bunny and this is cost neutral and improves health care. You will believe anything the Dims tell you, instead of working thru you know, the details.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT