ADVERTISEMENT

Guns of Frank Eaton?

anon_xl72qcu5isp39

Heisman Candidate
Sep 7, 2008
It's looking increasingly likely that I won't have you to kick around for a while. That's fine - your looming exile will serve as (another - ask Poke 2001 about it) living example of shitty conservative judgment for the next two years. I still want you to weigh in on some topics I'll be frequenting for the next few months - some of my pending agenda items, if you will. Head, Dong and Imp can use these parting thoughts of yours like scripture during your sojourn in the wilderness. You'll be gone, of course, but I still want your voice represented because I'm liberal and I'll consider raising your opinions in abstentia for group consideration while moderating the upcoming learning sessions for Brad, Glove, Mega, et al.

1. Is this where you think your conservative ideology should be? Look at it.

2. Why isn't that the predictable consequence of an ideology defined as:
con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/

adjective
  1. 1.
    holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool,hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways; More
  1. 1.
    a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics
3. Am I missing something or is it finally blowing apart? Big $/Greedheads, those that love the Lord, and The Great Unwashed simply are revolting against each other from the looks of things.

4. What will happen to conservatism now? What does it look like in two years? Have they learned anything? Or, like communism, can we finally just consider it a disproven ideology?

5. I goaded you into this bet. You, like Trump, could not resist and made a foolish post and proposition and now your fellow conservatives will have to explain that away and read my gloating for two years. Don't you think you owe them an apology?

Reactions: CBradSmith
200w.gif

It's looking increasingly likely that I won't have you to kick around for a while. That's fine - your looming exile will serve as (another - ask Poke 2001 about it) living example of shitty conservative judgment for the next two years. I still want you to weigh in on some topics I'll be frequenting for the next few months - some of my pending agenda items, if you will. Head, Dong and Imp can use these parting thoughts of yours like scripture during your sojourn in the wilderness. You'll be gone, of course, but I still want your voice represented because I'm liberal and I'll consider raising your opinions in abstentia for group consideration while moderating the upcoming learning sessions for Brad, Glove, Mega, et al.

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/

adjective
  1. 1.
    holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool,hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways; More
  1. 1.
    a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics
3. Am I missing something or is it finally blowing apart? Big $/Greedheads, those that love the Lord, and The Great Unwashed simply are revolting against each other from the looks of things.

4. What will happen to conservatism now? What does it look like in two years? Have they learned anything? Or, like communism, can we finally just consider it a disproven ideology?

5. I goaded you into this bet. You, like Trump, could not resist and made a foolish post and proposition and now your fellow conservatives will have to explain that away and read my gloating for two years. Don't you think you owe them an apology?

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/

adjective
  1. 1.
  1. 1.

You're working real hard on a Friday night to convince someone of something, and maybe that someone is you. Sorry, but I'm quite comfortable with the state of affairs and I don't feel compelled to engage in similar efforts. And pardon me if I don't write a War and Peace-length term paper to help make you feel any less anxious.

Last edited:

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/

adjective
  1. 1.
  1. 1.

If this precelebration ends up biting you in the ass, I'm going to make this entire post, or at least #5, my board signature forever just because it will be that funny.

I've got zero skin in this strange board bet but I've seen these things go exactly the opposite of the intended plan.

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/

adjective
  1. 1.
  1. 1.

You left out an Oxford comma.

But why the anon name? Can we explore this a bit? I must know what broke him.
Alpha Poke became a moderator on OStateIllustrated, of what actual board I have no idea. syskatine went into full panic mode and quit rivals via the contact the company and have your account deleted route. The remnants of his post now are under the "anon" tag assigned by rivals.

So, Alpha Poke gets the credit for breaking him/her/zer, but he/she/zhe was a shell of its former self because of Trump and his supporters here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT