ADVERTISEMENT

Great idea on how to handle schools like Harvard that have 31 student groups supporting genocide/Hamas

Passive aggressive as fuvk. SOP for Dan. Thanks for quickly reminding me why I avoid conversations with you.

• Love
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Passive aggressive as fuvk. SOP for Dan. Thanks for quickly reminding me why I avoid conversations with you.
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But I do find it somewhat hypocritical for you to criticize people on this board who have expressed across the board prejudice against gay people by lumping them into one category to abuse, only to see you do the same thing to smarmy college graduates from colleges where a small minority of students do things of which you disapprove.

Yes, I don't deny my experience is anecdotal. As is the experience of the job interviewers who have commented.

Your earlier response when I pressed you on this was ‘Immaterial.’

Everyone has their anecdotal experience and familiarity bias. Previously you certainly implied and all but stated that your position was not suffering from this same condition.

My experience with Harvard grads is very limited and mostly not direct. But that limited experience is pretty mixed.

Instead of everyone itt arguing their experiences, it would be interesting to see the percentage of Harvard students involved in sponsored student organizations.

It would also be interesting to see a pie chart of career fields of Harvard graduates, political affiliation of Harvard students and graduates, and activism/membership/sponsorship in/of politically aligned organizations.

I don’t have a fraction of the bandwidth needed to gather that info so don’t look to me. I’m just wishing in one hand and spitting in the other…

Yeah, it sonds like they were not a good fit for your company. Fortunately for most of them they have plenty of opportunity elsewhere. So you found employees that matched your needs and they found companies that matched theirs.
You're right Dan my crappy company doesn't deseserve them, we just hire dregs who can't get in a "good" school. I don't even know why they would even bother applying with company like ours beside the fact we dominate our industry globally and people retire wealthy.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But I do find it somewhat hypocritical for you to criticize people on this board who have expressed across the board prejudice against gay people by lumping them into one category to abuse, only to see you do the same thing to smarmy college graduates from colleges where a small minority of students do things of which you disapprove.
I fully recognize my biases and hypocrisy. To equivocate me not potentially hiring a Harvard grad (I've never had a resume come across my desk from Harvard) because I don't think they'd be a good team fit to the mass discrimination of the LGBTQ community is pretty weak.

You're right Dan my crappy company doesn't deseserve them, we just hire dregs who can't get in a "good" school. I don't even know why they would even bother applying with company like ours beside the fact we dominate our industry globally and people retire wealthy.
Baloney, I didn't even imply anything like that. I'm sure you work for a very fine company. The Harvard kids you interview simply aren't a good fit for you. You shouldn't hire them, you should hire someone that meets your criteria. By the same token I'm equally sure there are plenty of fine companies that find the same Harvard kids to be just what they're looking for. You both dodged a bullet. I've said nothing insulting to you or about your company, which is more than you can say about the Harvard kids.

I fully recognize my biases and hypocrisy. To equivocate me not potentially hiring a Harvard grad (I've never had a resume come across my desk from Harvard) because I don't think they'd be a good team fit to the mass discrimination of the LGBTQ community is pretty weak.
No, you're wrong, it's the same principle. You prejudicially make a judgement about a Harvard kid because he's a Harvard kid and you have a preconceived notion of what he'd be like the same way a gay-basher lumps all gay people as if they're the same. In both cases the life of the individual is impacted by the prejudice.

Your earlier response when I pressed you on this was ‘Immaterial.’

Everyone has their anecdotal experience and familiarity bias. Previously you certainly implied and all but stated that your position was not suffering from this same condition.

My experience with Harvard grads is very limited and mostly not direct. But that limited experience is pretty mixed.

Instead of everyone itt arguing their experiences, it would be interesting to see the percentage of Harvard students involved in sponsored student organizations.

It would also be interesting to see a pie chart of career fields of Harvard graduates, political affiliation of Harvard students and graduates, and activism/membership/sponsorship in/of politically aligned organizations.

I don’t have a fraction of the bandwidth needed to gather that info so don’t look to me. I’m just wishing in one hand and spitting in the other…
Your experience with Harvard grads *should* be mixed, don't you think? They're individuals each with his own quirks. My only argument has intended to be that each kid should be "judged" based on his personal quirks, not lumped into one category based on a preconceived negative expectation.

• Haha
Wow, 34 students out of 22,000. People should bash the whole university when there are numbers like that.

i skipped right thru and will not engage in whatever conversation you had going in this thread

we are three summers removed from NYU law students getting wrist slapped for
fire bombing a NYPD cruiser

a line in the sand has been drawn for the woke mind virus

the leftist psyop operating the ccp/dnc culture war has been fractured

the antisemite kenyan and thug cankles no longer enjoin a united front

publicly naming 34 is a start in trapping these rats

Wow, 34 students out of 22,000. People should bash the whole university when there are numbers like that.
The University bashes itself, ranked worst college for free speech? Yea that's not exactly what the country needs from supposedly elite Universities.

i skipped right thru and will not engage in whatever conversation you had going in this thread

we are three summers removed from NYU law students getting wrist slapped for
fire bombing a NYPD cruiser

a line in the sand has been drawn for the woke mind virus

the leftist psyop operating the ccp/dnc culture war has been fractured

the antisemite kenyan and thug cankles no longer enjoin a united front

publicly naming 34 is a start in trapping these rats
I'm all for it. I'm all for the idea in the OP. Name the culprits, just don't lump the entire student body as if it is of one mind.

Dan, those 34 students are just the singular representatives of the 34 organizations whose names appeared on the incendiary statement.

Those organizations likely have thousands of members collectively. Thus my prior comment about wanting to see student organization membership numbers for the Harvard student body.

• Love
Dan, those 34 students are just the singular representatives of the 34 organizations whose names appeared on the incendiary statement.

Those organizations likely have thousands of members collectively. Thus my prior comment about wanting to see student organization membership numbers for the Harvard student body.
Yes, yes, of course there aren't 34 people that comprise 34 organizations. My experience in college organizations apparently differs wildly from yours. I can't imagine there are 34 student organizations centered on radical politics in one university of 22,000 students that would consume thousands of members. Dozens, maybe a couple of hundred I'll grant you. Thousands, I don't think so. It would be interesting to know how many students belong to more than one of those groups. I bet it's quite a few. So I agree with you it would be interesting to know what those numbers actually are.

One other thought I had: if the entire university student body has been so manipulated/indoctrinated to the point they are all zombie robots, which has been claimed by at least one person in this thread, why would any of them care if their names are shouted from a megaphone? Don't say it's because they are afraid it will hurt their chances of employment at plum corporations, that would make no sense. They're zombie robots, they would have been convinced to eschew looking for jobs in those places, would they not? No, they're wanting to work for radical organizations that carry out the desires of the radical element.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Her

e

Here is the list of the student organizations that signed the letter. I seriously doubt they comprise thousands of Harvard students, at least not American students. And I’d bet a lot of them are members of multiple of the organizations.

According to this chart from 2020 2.8% of Harvard’s student population is Muslim. So let’s call it 3% of 22,000 students: 660 Muslim students. Probably not all of them agreed with the letter, but probably there were whacko leftists who made up for it. IMO that does not justify tainting the entire student body as anti-Semites. Maybe you think it does.

Last edited:
  • Haha
How can this be possible? Isn’t every student, faculty member and alum an indoctrinated American-hating loon? Who can these people be? Surely they can’t be affiliated with that rotten school. Somebody please explain!

• Haha
This is about genocide. You know the difference.

Go jump in to Gaza and announce yourself as American that supports Hamas and let’s see what happens. Is that called cancel culture? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Its only cancel culture if you disagree with it, apparently. The free speech absolutists are so principled.

• Haha
This is about genocide. You know the difference.

Go jump in to Gaza and announce yourself as American that supports Hamas and let’s see what happens. Is that called cancel culture? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

How do you feel about Israel bombing UN-run schools serving as shelter for Palestinian women and children and those killed by missile attacks on residential areas? Seems as if Israeli brutality to match Hamas brutality isn’t a recipe for any noticeable improvement over disaster.

Long gone are the days of civilization in warfare, and we shouldn’t act like Israel is concerned about collateral damage even if they are our ally. They provoke terrorism with such atrocities, as was the case this summer with heavy shelling killing civilians.

I hope we get our due payback for lost Americans, but I also hope we exercise a little more concern for the innocent than Israel displays (not that we haven’t had our share of this). Indiscriminately shelling urban residences isn’t a solution to the problem…in fact, it’s the type of motivation that keeps further driving Hamas and others to avenge them.

carry on

How do you feel about Israel bombing UN-run schools serving as shelter for Palestinian women and children and those killed by missile attacks on residential areas? Seems as if Israeli brutality to match Hamas brutality isn’t a recipe for any noticeable improvement over disaster.

Long gone are the days of civilization in warfare, and we shouldn’t act like Israel is concerned about collateral damage even if they are our ally. They provoke terrorism with such atrocities, as was the case this summer with heavy shelling killing civilians.

I hope we get our due payback for lost Americans, but I also hope we exercise a little more concern for the innocent than Israel displays (not that we haven’t had our share of this). Indiscriminately shelling urban residences isn’t a solution to the problem…in fact, it’s the type of motivation that keeps further driving Hamas and others to avenge them.

carry on
Hamas lays down its weapons and surrenders and releases the prisoners we have peace. Israel lays down its weapons we will have no Israel.

You think shelling schools full of innocent Palestinian women and children will convince Hamas to cease fire?

carry on
Why does Hamas wage war and uses humans as shields? Why does Hamas have as its stated goal the elimination of Israel? Why does Hamas wage wars that puts its civilians at risk like any war?

The problem is Hamas never declared war and gave Israel a chance to defend its citizens. Pearl Harbor or 9/11 ring a bell?

Israel is warning Hamas and the citizens of Gaza, to leave. They have declared war and they are following the Geneva conventions.

Hamas does not clause life. Israel does.

Under the Geneva conventions anyone that is not fighting under a declared war, with clear markings of what state they represent, can be shot and killed. Terrorists are the worst cowards. The worst. Everyone knows this. You trying to bring symmetry to this reveals the rot of your ideology.

Last edited:
Why does Hamas wage war and uses humans as shields? Why does Hamas have as its stated goal the elimination of Israel? Why does Hamas wage wars that puts its civilians at risk like any war?

The problem is Hamas never declared war and gave Israel a chance to defend its citizens. Pearl Harbor or 9/11 ring a bell?

Israel is warning Hamas and the citizens of Gaza, to leave. They have declared war and they are following the Geneva conventions.

Under the Geneva conventions anyone that is not fighting under a declared war, with clear markings of what state they represent, can be shot and killed. Terrorists are the worst cowards. The worst. Everyone knows this. You trying to bring symmetry to this reveals the rot of your ideology.

In 1948, more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs – about half of prewar Palestine's Arab population – fled from their homes or were expelled by Zionist militias,[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] during the 1948 Palestine war.[9] The exodus was a central component of the fracturing, dispossession and displacement of Palestinian society, known as the Nakba,[10][11] in which between 400 and 600 Palestinian villages were destroyed, village wells were poisoned in a biological warfare programme and properties were looted to prevent Palestinian refugees from returning.

carry on

The extreme liberal mind at work for all to see. A group proclaims it is oppressed, some in society agree, and when those claiming to be oppressed burn, loot, and murder on the so called oppressors they get a total free pass and no laws or order is enforced. They are even called heroes.

That was BLM in the US one summer. Innocent lives lost. Businesses lost. Parts of cities destroyed. Our VP helping out with bail.

What is happening in the extreme Lib mind in Gaza is our summer of burn, loot, and murder.

Actions have consequences, the rule of law and decency must be restored.

Israel is following the Geneva Conventions. It will conduct a just and legal war. Any civilian casualties is the result of Hamas that values the lives of no one. They must be eliminated. 6 million Jewish civilian lives lost in WW2 over bigotry and hatred. Never again.

I’m curious where your red line is. Is there a point at which the debauchery and savagery against the Palestinian people in an Israeli response to the horror of the Hamas invasion goes too far in your mind? I believe I’ve read the death count and injury count of Palestinians has now equaled or surpassed that of the Israelis, about a third of the dead and injured are children. How many dead and injured Palestinians do you find acceptable? Is there a number where you say okay that’s enough?

Reactions: 07pilt
Israel is following the Geneva Conventions. It will conduct a just and legal war. Any civilian casualties is the result of Hamas that values the lives of no one. They must be eliminated. 6 million Jewish civilian lives lost in WW2 over bigotry and hatred. Never again.

Sure, Jan…

“The Israeli authorities must immediately restore Gaza’s electricity supply and suspend the increased restrictions imposed as a result of the Minister of Defence’s order of 9 October 2023 and lift its illegal 16-year blockade on the Gaza Strip. The collective punishment of Gaza’s civilian population amounts to a war crime – it is cruel and inhumane. As the occupying power, Israel has a clear obligation under international law to ensure the basic needs of Gaza’s civilian population are met,” said Amnesty International’s Secretary General Agnès Callamard.

The blackout has plunged the Gaza strip into darkness and will exacerbate an ongoing humanitarian catastrophe. It will further limit communications and access to the internet. The power cuts will have a severe impact on essential services, access to clean water and will cause a public health disaster leaving Gaza’s already depleted hospitals without vital medical equipment at a time when medics are struggling to treat thousands gravely wounded in Israeli attacks. It will also endanger the lives of hospital patients, including people with chronic conditions or those in intensive care, including newborn babies on life support.

An Israeli minister said today that the authorities will not restore power or allow water or fuel to enter until Hamas releases hostages. This is an explicit confirmation that these acts have been taken to punish civilians in Gaza for the actions of Palestinian armed groups. Amnesty reiterates that Palestinian civilians are not responsible for the crimes of Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups and Israel must not, under international law, make them suffer for acts they play no role in and cannot control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT