ADVERTISEMENT

Good Trump

That's the part of this that gets lost on the woke crowd. Naming a sports team after something is an honor not a slight on their race. It's not like naming a sports team after a flower generates any thoughts of being a good contest. The Washington Daffodils vs The Dallas Pansies just doesn't create the right mood for a sporting contest.

Do you consider Native Americans "redskins?" Is that a term you would use to refer to them or speak in honor of them?

Context is important and given that the context of naming a football team the "Redskins" is meant as an honor, yes I think it's meant to honor them.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
The Washington Daffodils vs The Dallas Pansies just doesn't create the right mood for a sporting contest.

I personally think Washington should become the Washington Red Tails. I think that is a strong name and it would truly honor a group of great men who served our nation.

Such a name and image would be very appropriate for a football team that represents our nation's capital. They could also keep the team's anthem and just change a few words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syskatine
Context is important and given that the context of naming a football team the "Redskins" is meant as an honor, yes I think it's meant to honor them.

You didn't answer my question. Again . . . do YOU consider Native Americans "redskins?" Is that a term YOU would use to refer to them or speak in honor of them?

I personally think Washington should become the Washington Red Tails. I think that is a strong name and it would truly honor a group of great men who served our nation.

Such a name and image would be very appropriate for a football team that represents our nation's capital.

That would require a knowledge of history which based on some of the latest actions of the woke crowd is severely lacking.

That would require a knowledge of history which based on some of the latest actions of the woke crowd is severely lacking.

No, the woke crowd understands history. A lot better than apparently you do. Some of us can be honest about American history. Can you?

Red Tails would be a great change for the team and would give the Washington front office an opportunity to promote and honor a great American group of men. A win-win.

I refer to Native Americans as just plain old Americans but like I said I'm not part of the woke crowd that uses race as a political tool.

Why are you having a hard time answering the questions?

I will ask a third time . . . do YOU consider Native Americans "redskins?" Is that a term YOU would use to refer to them or speak in honor of them?

Simple yes or no will do.

Do you consider Native Americans "redskins?" Is that a term you would use to refer to them or speak in honor of them?
"Redskins" and "Indians" imply formidable opponents, sort of like Vikings, Knights, Spartans, Trojans, etc., but I don't really care because I'd be perfectly content if the NFL folded tomorrow. "Native American" is a misnomer (and a dumb one, too), because any person born in North or South America is a Native American. Similarly, when I hear "African American," Charlize Theron is the second person that comes to mind (the first being an Egyptian immigrant who owns my favorite Greek & Lebanese restaurant).

"Redskins" and "Indians" imply formidable opponents, sort of like Vikings, Knights, Spartans, Trojans, etc., but I don't really care because I'd be perfectly content if the NFL folded tomorrow. "Native American" is a misnomer (and a dumb one, too), because any person born in North or South America is a Native American. Similarly, when I hear "African American," Charlize Theron is the second person that comes to mind (the first being an Egyptian immigrant who owns my favorite Greek & Lebanese restaurant).

Another non-answer.

No, the woke crowd understands history. A lot better than apparently you do. Some of us can be honest about American history. Can you?

Red Tails would be a great change for the team and would give the Washington front office an opportunity to promote and honor a great American group of men. A win-win.

Why are you having a hard time answering the questions?

I will ask a third time . . . do YOU consider Native Americans "redskins?" Is that a term YOU would use to refer to them or speak in honor of them?

Simple yes or no will do.

I've answered your question you just don't like the answer. Traditionally the names of sports teams have been meant to stand for power, strength, respect and so on. Back in the day, meaning back in history, Indians were feared and respected by white settlers for their bravery, savagery and their ability to make war. Like you mentioned knowing history is important even that history is something you do not like.
As pussified as this country has become with weak minded, overly sensitive losers that spend their time looking for something to be offended about, the term Redskin is now seen as offensive, when originally is was meant as a term of honor. Of course you and your kind are to "woke" to see anything other than your sensitive view of the world so everyone else must change their views to meet yours. Just another example of which side of the argument is tolerant and displays fascist tendencies.

Such a name and image would be very appropriate for a football team that represents our nation's capital. They could also keep the team's anthem and just change a few words.

I think whom ever doesn’t like the name of a team should just buy it and they can change the name to whatever they want.

I've answered your question you just don't like the answer.

Um, no you haven't. I was simply asking if you consider Native Americans "redskins" and if you would use that term today to refer to them and/or speak in honor of them. You have yet to answer either question. You just keep dancing around and deflecting.

the term Redskin is now seen as offensive

At least you can admit this much. It took you a while and you had to bemoan progress, but nevertheless, you did get this far. That is a start.

Um, no you haven't. I was simply asking if you consider Native Americans "redskins" and if you would use that term today to refer to them and/or speak in honor of them. You have yet to answer either question. You just keep dancing around and deflecting.

At least you can admit this much. It took you a while and you had to bemoan progress, but nevertheless, you did get this far. That is a start.

You ignored the part about those that find it offensive being pussies.

Reactions: skylinepoke
Here it is. The replacement name and logo for the Washington Redskins.

IDTJ4E4.jpg

A former student at a high school with a mascot of “Warriors” posed the question to her former classmates on FB about changing their mascot. This school was just over 50% native when I taught and the responses were overwhelmingly against changing their school mascot. Many of the native Americans responded that Warriors was a positive image for their school and heritage.
Could it be that many want to make changes to something that they are not attached with but resist changes to something closer to home?

I use it as do my Native American friends.

Not sure who your friends are but I grew up in the little kansas, Oaks, Kenwood, and Tahlequah area. Pretty much the most “Indian” area of Oklahoma. I honestly can’t say I ever heard anyone call someone else a Redskin... Ever... It would be interesting to see someone roll into Kenwood or Oaks and call people “Redskins”. I’m willing to be the tour guide if we have any volunteers??

Nsu changed their name from Redmen in 2007. Well before the so called “Woke” era. Why change it? Could it be that Native Americans found it offensive? Might have something to do with it. I know many of your want everything to trace back to “Liberals” but this might be one that’s falls in the “Right thing to do” category.

Why doesn't Dan Snyder convene a round table of Indian tribe leaders. Might be surprised how real Native Americans feel. As a direct decendent of John Ross (Look him up liberal racists.) I think the Washington Redskins logo represents a proud Native American Chieftain.

We all have a skin color. We are all also equal.

Last edited:

Part Cherokee here and I have redskin. Redskin name me away as my RED SKIN is pretty thick. Only libtards are offended by it so please stop speaking for me and others like me as its the only thing in all of it that I find offensive.

Why do libtards call Trump Supporters Rednecks? Isn't that offensive to Rednecks? Skin is still red so whats the difference?
Libtards amaze me at their holier than thou attitudes, always fighting the good fight and by golly standing up for the downtrodden lol. Get a new hobby.

Why doesn't Dan Snyder convene a round table of Indian tribe leaders. Might be surprised how real Native Americans feel. As a direct decendent of John Ross (Look him up liberal racists.) I think the Washington Redskins logo represents a proud Native American Chieftain.

Not sure if you guys follow Canadian football but the Edmonton Eskimos just spent the past year working with Inuit communities across Canada researching their feelings regarding the team name.

After lengthy discussions, they recently reached the conclusion that a majority of native groups were not offended by the name to merit a name change.

I personally don't care if they rename the Redskins and Indians, but I would hate to see the Chicago Blackhawks undergo a name change. Best looking uniforms and logo in sports, and a name that honors the 86th Infantry Division in WWI.

Pretty soon the left will not want Warships named after Southern States because it will be Racist (shudder). Hell probably has already happened and I have not heard about it yet.

Pretty soon the left will not want Warships named after Southern States because it will be Racist (shudder). Hell probably has already happened and I have not heard about it yet.
This is a great idea. Only honor states that have been loyal.

Pilt or Sys,

I'll give you guys Redskins. I understand the potential negative connotation of that term. Care to explain why I should find the term "Indians" offensive?

Pilt or Sys,

I'll give you guys Redskins. I understand the potential negative connotation of that term. Care to explain why I should find the term "Indians" offensive?
No one cares if you find it offensive. Do your thing.

This is a great idea. Only honor states that have been loyal.

If we do that, then we can only name ships from Southern states. Its a fact that Southern States provide the troops to the US military at twice the per capita rate than northern states.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT