ADVERTISEMENT

Good news at 125

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Eddie Klimara is in the room this summer wrestling which is very good news. I do not know any details on his eligibility status (in other words did he stay in school after the charges) or whether he is eligible. The fact that he is in the room working out is a monumental step in the right direction.

This appears to be great news for the kid first and foremost. If ends up impacting the OSU program than it's a bonus but I have faith the staff will make the right decision. But Eddie wrestling and hopefully back in school is great news for him.

Like most things you read in/on the newspapers/internet there's always another, less sexy, side of the story.

I hope that those who may question the decision to allow Eddie to continue on at OSU would reserve judgement.

Anyone who has seen Eddie wrestle would agree that his motor and drive are more than obvious on the mat and, from everything I've been told, Eddie is absolutely a guy we want in our room. Both in regard to work ethic and character.

Eddie has never left school and the charges have been dropped, will not go over the reasons why. Eddie is one of my favorite wrestlers on and off the mat. When I heard about what happened in March it just broke my heart for Eddie and what he will have to go through and his wrestling career. When I heard about the great news it was like Christmas morning when I was a kid, happy for him and his family.

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! Heres is hoping for the best for Eddie. Not to mention that I like seeing the Illinois kids excel.

Originally posted by mike tognetti:
Eddie has never left school and the charges have been dropped, will not go over the reasons why. Eddie is one of my favorite wrestlers on and off the mat. When I heard about what happened in March it just broke my heart for Eddie and what he will have to go through and his wrestling career. When I heard about the great news it was like Christmas morning when I was a kid, happy for him and his family.
Tognetti, you are a kid, not "like a kid" I am like you happy to hear the charges have been dropped. I had heard he never left school which is good and hopefully this little bump in the road will not affect him this season. If he improves as much this year as he did last year he will definitely be in the All-American circle come next March.

Something tells me this is a life lesson learned for Eddie. My heart went out to him as he is such a small 125 pounder. I know he was under weight the day before the NCAA's. He was at a disadvantage when he wrestled a match when his larger opponent had time to recover from the pull. Eddie might grow into the weight, but being a small 125 pounder causes quite a disadvantage. I am sure not placing was very difficult on Eddie. Welcome back and keep working.

Yes,John can even manipulate the legal system in Sooner land. It had nothing to do with John, more about the ########! It is amazing when someone knows nothing about the situation and can post crock like that. Looks like if your a Cyclone fan it's something to post about.

Thankfully, this jerk is not even close to being like the Cyclone fans we both know including Fred, Goose etc. Started not to even acknowledge this post.

Saydel and Texas Western are one and the same according to people on the Hawkeye board including some Iowa State posters. I'm not saying they have no substance but their DNA chain is one.

Saydel Rules says on the Hawkeye board that he went to Saydel. Saydel is a highschool in Des Moines and on the school website they boldly show that on the Great schools rating they are 1 out of 10. I am not making this up. In 2013 the Iowa Assessment results showed that at grade level 11 the state average was 81%. Saydel was at 67% and this was in math. In reading the state average for this same grade level was 82%. Saydel came in with a 62%. This might be a clue as to the great mind we are working with here. One other intriguing fact is that Saydel High School in 2013 ranked worse that 92.3% of High Schools in Iowa.
This post was edited on 6/21 7:21 PM by oberebo

Originally posted by Saydel Rules:
Originally posted by texaswesternwrestling:
John manipulate's the legal system, too?

What a crock!
It's Inbredwater, man.
Two dudes are the same guy. Sad that he has to log on to support his own opinion. Texas/Saydel also has a mean-on for Nathan Burak.

Are there any links to a news story reporting the dropped charges? I'm guessing that he was never charged as there were several news reports when Klimara was originally arrested, but none following up on charges made.

I have not seen any links but believe that the charges were either dropped or never filed. He should not have been in that situation and I am sure he is still in the process of earning back the respect and trust of John and the coaches. Nothing to indicate that he will not earn this back and learn from his mistakes. Everyone I have ever talked with about Eddie that knows him indicate this is not representative of his behavior. He is not a troubled youth or a trouble maker.

My son knew Eddie in Junior High and High School and he was never a trouble maker in any way shape or form. All indications are that he will grow up to be a fine citizen and person.

What a crock!
LMAO

Who are you homers kidding? If this kid wasn't any good, he'd be gone.

The local Barney Fife has cashed John's check.

Originally posted by raylewisismydad:

What a crock!
LMAO

Who are you homers kidding? If this kid wasn't any good, he'd be gone.

The local Barney Fife has cashed John's check.
Right or wrong, it is what it is, so get over it. (You'd die if you knew what we allowed Blackmon to get away with.)

I know that I was surprised that over a several week period that no charges were filed. Here in Norman, they hit the athlete with charges right off the bat..they either have probably cause and charge or they turn them loose. I was also; like wise, surprised that an employee of the establishment would call the police. This, in itself, sounded pretty fishy. If we take into account past discretions of many of our athletes at OSU in wrestling, basketball, and football who have been permitted to continue in their respective sport, why shouldn't Eddie get the same consideration. I am not condoning the actions of many of these athletes that have gotten in trouble, but I do believe that there should be some degree of fairness and many given second chances have done very well within their respective sport and in later life. I think John, definitely, has precedent to treat Eddie fairly and provide him the opportunity to try out for 125 this fall.

Okie, talk about funny the employee that called on Eddie the very next week was arrested for selling drugs. Does that sound like a setup on Eddie?

Thank you, didn't need him, but might tomorrow. Good to hear that it's not serious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT