ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thoughts

tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008
BEDLAM WIN. How good does it feel to beat OU?????? After a full offseason of hearing of OU to the SEC and how OSU was going to be left for dead in the Zombie 12, it feels so good to stick it to them. This was truly poetic.

Defense. We are 11-1 because of this defense and Jim Knowles. 24-24 seemed to come quickly and it looked like a Bedlam of years past, but Knowles made some really nice 2nd half adjustments and the OU offense really couldn't do much. PAY THAT MAN!!!

Presley. He was limited to only fair catches a week ago. Various reports said he still was 100% but he would play. WOW! That return changed the game and balanced out some of our mistakes. He is truly electric.

Special teams. Along with giving BP his props, Coach Woz needs credit on the KOR unit. The blocking has been really good. For years, it was a common complaint amongst fans that we didn't attack in special teams. But, even with the missed field goal, our special teams really made the difference. That Trey Rucker hit on the kickoff team was JAW rattling. You love to see it.

Tyler Lacy. Rewatching on TV, you heard Herbstreit say over and over 'this team doesn't have a 1st round draft pick on defense.' While that may be true, I felt this is disrespectful to a lot of our highly talented players including Tyler Lacy. Did you see him defend the screen play???? Looked like a darn linebacker moving his feet. Joe Bob needs a lot of credit, too.

Stadium Operations/AD. This has been said but I'll make note of it again... the sound/timing of things was just incredible all night. Drowning out the OU band and making it very difficult to hear for the OU offense. We may only have roughly 56,000 now in BPS when full but it was LOUD and the operations team definitely amplified that.

Recruiting. That's how you make a statement in our 'state championship' game with DOZENS of big names including the potential #1 player in Oklahoma (David Stone) in attendance. Again, Todd Bradford needs A LOT of credit for his passion, planning and execution here.

RESILIENT. This was a boxing match. They landed a few in the early rounds... we did as well. They knocked us down on the mat in the 3rd quarter. 33-24 and the air had been sucked out of BPS. You could hear the ten count... and our resilient team picked itself up off the mat and started swinging. We beat them up in the 4th quarter. We didn't make all the plays but we made the necessary ones. The OKState defensive line started really wearing them down. Jim Knowles at Williams confused.

COLLIN MF OLIVER. What else can I say? Freshman All-American AND 1st Team All-Big 12. *whispers* can you imagine a healthy Trace Ford and Collin Oliver next year?????

Malcolm Rodriguez. The best defensive player in the Big 12, period. 11 tackles, 5 solos, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks and 1 PBU.

Devin Harper. How great is it for all parties he came back this season???? 10 tackles, 7 solos, 4 hurries, 1 TFL, 1 sack, plus back-to-back plays on Caleb Williams very late.

Spencer Sanders. He made mistakes but shook them off. His ability to bounce back and continue to play is pretty incredible. Early in the season, most (including me) were thinking we needed to take a deep dive into the transfer portal to find QB1 for 2022 and now we look at SS turning the corner and I couldn't be happier we have ANOTHER season with Spencer Sanders. He still makes a throw or two that makes you scream 'Why???' but his movement and feel in the pocket has been pretty remarkable the past month. How about that absolute dime he threw to Tay Martin on the touchdown? More of that please.

Former players. Gundy made comments earlier in the season how we (including him) had done a poor job the last several years about engaging former players and getting them back on campus. He along with the administration has really backed up the promise to do better. We honored the 2011 team a few weeks ago and got to reminisce Weeden2Blackmon and then last night we got to see Rashaun Woods was STILL open. Former players Josh Cooper, Hubert Anyiam, Dez Bryant, Tatum Bell, Josh Fields and several others were all in attendance.

OL. Much of the talk on our board the last week and even on the radio was about our OL vs their DL. I thought they did a nice job especially given our injuries and having to move people around. Spencer Sanders and the play calling mitigated some of their defensive attack but I still think they did a nice job giving Sanders time and also opening up some running holes. They got pushed around a bit, especially in the 3rd quarter (fumble, safety) but they responded well in the 4th quarter.

Jaylen Warren. Dude is a warrior. He's obviously playing through pain and made some very critical runs last night. He only had 56 yards but it felt like more. He's so good at breaking tackles. How about his pass blocking???? You love to see it. Let's get him a little healthier for next week.

11-1. I have to keep typing that out so I believe it. I freaking love this team. This has been even more fun for me than 2011 for the sole reason of being able to watch this team grow and improve each week.

JOB NOT FINISHED. Now let's go win a f***king Big 12 championship next week. BEAT BAYLOR

0874922e72ff4b4a90b21f8b8057f836.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News