ADVERTISEMENT

First day of official contact with the 2026 class

Jr Nationals
I am sorry to hear that as Mr. Earl always make that tournament but this year we both have other obligations. Maybe I can catch a little of it on Flo. Either KC Scott or Mr. Earl and I have made that tournament when it was in Enid and then OCU for a few years and now Tulsa. Good time to look at both our Oklahoma wrestlers and how they stack up against the rest of the country. Even my good friend Mike Tognetti attended a few back in the day, Mike is too tied up training quarter horses to attend but would like to hear from him.

Run like the wind fellas. He’s coming for you

I may have missed it but haven't seen anyone talk shit on Bo Bassett's wrestling. No one. I also have no issue with self promotion. More power to him on that. As for the Mineo tweet, I was most concerned about that, but once I found out that Mineo stole it from Bo's dad, I don't have an issue with that either. Bo wasn't involved. What Willie needs to remember is that not everyone participates in social media or is comfortable in promoting oneself, and from what I've seen, that is where the confusion/comments are coming from. Bo is a great prospect.

I feel like I’m talking crazy pills or missed something when it comes to Bo. I’ve listened to several interview with the kid lately and have been pretty blow away with how mature/well spoken he comes across for someone who hasn’t started his junior year of HS.
Old school guys don’t like self promotion and wrestling is one of the last old school sports. I think he’s done it the right way (what about himself that he promotes) but the criticism is predictable imo

Old school guys don’t like self promotion and wrestling is one of the last old school sports. I think he’s done it the right way (what about himself that he promotes) but the criticism is predictable imo
Bingo. It's largely a generational thing. Willie making a big deal of it in a negative way misses that point entirely. Rather than attack people for their opinions, he may be better off educating detractors on how young people like Bo use social media versus the average wrestling fan, and how changes in what a college athlete can do makes some self promotion almost required. It's that difference that is driving this discussion, and a perfect opportunity for Willie to take the lead on the subject without shooting people.

Bingo. It's largely a generational thing. Willie making a big deal of it in a negative way misses that point entirely. Rather than attack people for their opinions, he may be better off educating detractors on how young people like Bo use social media versus the average wrestling fan, and how changes in what a college athlete can do makes some self promotion almost required. It's that difference that is driving this discussion, and a perfect opportunity for Willie to take the lead on the subject without shooting people.
It is a really simple case study with the data already provided.

Elite guys that can come in and win Titles day 1 will be doing these things.

CS.1 - AJ Ferrari, aka Mr. FastTwitch. Self promotes more than Don King and comes off as a total egomaniac

CS.2 - Bo, aka MachineGunMindset. Self promotes with instructional videos and evidence of hard work. Even has his aka as mantra for scoring lots of points...not talking about his muscles.

It is a really simple case study with the data already provided.

Elite guys that can come in and win Titles day 1 will be doing these things.

CS.1 - AJ Ferrari, aka Mr. FastTwitch. Self promotes more than Don King and comes off as a total egomaniac

CS.2 - Bo, aka MachineGunMindset. Self promotes with instructional videos and evidence of hard work. Even has his aka as mantra for scoring lots of points...not talking about his muscles.
One of his most famous posters or memes is "I'm not talented... I'm obsessed!"

Reactions: chasepollard
It just makes me roll my eyes when people yell at the sky because Bo (a kid who hasn't started his junior year) is active on social media.

Meanwhile, Starocci has been in college for nearly a decade and posts about pissing on the graves of his opponents, being the highest paid wrestler in college, calling out David Taylor's loyalty for having the nerve to take a blue blood job and taking a shot at OSU in the process.

Nobody really questions if Carter is a team guy though.

Anyone hear of a rumor of Dee flipping to ISU? ISU boards are claiming they are potentially flipping a big recruit and on The Mat forums they’re claiming Dee is in Iowa.

Anyone hear of a rumor of Dee flipping to ISU? ISU boards are claiming they are potentially flipping a big recruit and on The Mat forums they’re claiming Dee is in Iowa.
I looked at the Mat thread and one guy said he was training there but not flipping. I guess we’ll see tho.

I looked at the Mat thread and one guy said he was training there but not flipping. I guess we’ll see tho.
I saw that as well but ISU board blowing up about a huge flip for them I was just connecting the dots.
Willie confirmed on the mat forum he is training in Ames.

I think the "clean living" being unrealistic for young college kids is being used against us real hard.

My only thing is that you can look at the track records of a guy like CP and a guy like DT or OSU vs PSU over the last decade and quickly see that there is a difference in results when there has been a difference of commitment.

This may be a longer rebuild for DT than we had hoped. It may be a complete rebuild behind kids that know exactly what they are signing up for and are that committed. who knows.

I saw that as well but ISU board blowing up about a huge flip for them I was just connecting the dots.
Willie confirmed on the mat forum he is training in Ames.
David Carr has trained in the PSU wrestling room multiple times. He is tight with Aaron Brooks and his brother is an assistant coach at Lock Haven, 30 minute drive between the two wrestling rooms. The first time Carr spent a couple weeks in central PA rolling around daily in the PSU room the PSU board was full of Carr to PSU speculation.

I think the "clean living" being unrealistic for young college kids is being used against us real hard.

My only thing is that you can look at the track records of a guy like CP and a guy like DT or OSU vs PSU over the last decade and quickly see that there is a difference in results when there has been a difference of commitment.

This may be a longer rebuild for DT than we had hoped. It may be a complete rebuild behind kids that know exactly what they are signing up for and are that committed. who knows.
That would be difficult for young prospects, but the proof is in the pudding.

Any talk of a sudden change of heart for Dee seems irrationally premature.

He’s been a Cowboy in the making for a very long time.

His family is entrenched in Stillwater.

Need to see something tangible to even start to believe it.

Correct me if I’m wrong though but wasn’t his commitment to OSU kind of up in the air? I thought I remember Willie and others saying they thought Iowa was a real threat

Maybe I dreamed that. A lot has happened

Reactions: goldenanimal

Well said and agree 100%. Only thing that's slightly unsettling is that Dee said he was going to commit to another program and talked to Perry SR and decided to stay home in Stillwater. He has a close relationship with the Perry's from what I gathered.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Correct me if I’m wrong though but wasn’t his commitment to OSU kind of up in the air? I thought I remember Willie and others saying they thought Iowa was a real threat

Maybe I dreamed that. A lot has happened
I don’t recall hearing anything like that.

Reactions: AtownPoke
Well said and agree 100%. Only thing that's slightly unsettling is that Dee said he was going to commit to another program and talked to Perry SR and decided to stay home in Stillwater. He has a close relationship with the Perry's from what I gathered.
Which was Iowa from what I gathered. Idk man. I’m definitely feeling like we’re just waiting for the axe to fall. He’s obviously very interested or he wouldnt have everyone hosting him and jumping back in

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I may have missed it
ya think?
but haven't seen anyone talk shit on Bo Bassett's wrestling.
who said 'on his wrestling' ?
What Willie needs to remember is that not everyone participates in social media
i posted it ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Bo Bassett's 'self promotion' is on social media.

the criticism of it is ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

this entire topic is regarding SOCIAL MEDIA.

anyone that read my tweet, on twitter, knows wtf i'm talking about.

read more and post less for christ's sake. you're nonsensical.

Last edited:
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ya think?

who said 'on his wrestling' ?

i posted it ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Bo Bassett's 'self promotion' is on social media.

the criticism of it is ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

this entire topic is regarding SOCIAL MEDIA.

anyone that read my tweet, on twitter, knows wtf i'm talking about.

read more and post less for christ's sake. you're nonsensical.
Not sure what's happened to you since B1Gs Willie. You seem to still be feeling the sting from the fight you had with the PSU crowd when you felt that the #34 seed from Nebraska should have made it into Nationals over Carter Starocci because he didn't wrestle B1Gs. You attack people right and left on all forums lately, and people are becoming far less contained in their responses back to you.

Now you come on here days after my posts were made and after discovering again on the PSU board yesterday that the angst many people have is centered on Bo's self promotion. That his self promotion, while perfectly okay, gives posters pause about what that may do to team dynamics over time. That is an entirely legit concern, but instead of addressing those posts on the PSU forum with those posters (not me btw), you instead attack me on this forum with out-of-context statements. For what reason? Seems personal to me.

Try a little humility Willie and just simply say that you didn't understand what the fuss was about originally but now you do. Not every aspect of wrestling requires us to have your intimate knowledge of the sport in order to make informed comments. Social media is one such area where we can have opinions without your approval and agreement, and so are NCAA rules. It would be great for you to remember that before spouting off.

Either that or stop drinking and posting in the wee hours.

Last edited:
wtf are you talking about? your entire response, item by item, is inaccurate or nonsensical.

the bottom line is - you responded to my social media post by saying 'willie has to remember not everyone is on social media'

if you don't understand the lunacy of that statement i can't help you. but keep writing more jibberish. you get more annoying and credible with each post.

wtf are you talking about? your entire response, item by item, is inaccurate or nonsensical.

the bottom line is - you responded to my social media post by saying 'willie has to remember not everyone is on social media'

if you don't understand the lunacy of that statement i can't help you. but keep writing more jibberish. you get more annoying and credible with each post.
I think you're jumping the shark Willie. Just go back to bed and sleep it off. I'm not the one who peed into your Wheaties, but I know who did.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12

Your posts lately have been incredibly disrespectful to multiple posters.

probably b/c i don't respect their posts. a lot of absolute nonsense.
I suggest the ignore button. All forums have them Willie. None of what I posted was absolute nonsense, and in fact wasn't even nonsense. You're trying to bully me and members of this and other forums to stop posting things you don't want said publicly. It's as simple as that. You realize it's obvious right? You tried your bullying on the PSU board with Starocci and they ran you off for a few days. Maybe you need a break. Just leave me alone. I don't have time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT