ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo and related OSU recruiting/transfer news

Just went through some of the recent comments. I'll say this, the club scene in Oklahoma has huge potential. On the youth level there is a lot of egos and competition. The USA wrestling guys hate the OKWA guys and so on. It's childish and the politics are ridiculous and often makes its way up to the HS level. I think it was the Edmond N coach who was recently booted from the coaches list for Fargo last second and sent more kids than anyone. Every year they seem to find spots for some guys who consistently kiss ass that arent even coaches at any school.

The Cook bros come to mind. They have a pretty damn successful club now (Threestyle Wrestling) on the east side of the state and work with some kids out of Arkansas. I think theyve been instrumental in the rise of the program at Coweta and there will be some studs coming from there soon. I think they found their niche working with younger kids in a club setting as they have absolutely NO BUSINESS ever coaching a HS team ever again. They teach amazing technique though and I'll leave it at that.

I think there are great opportunities for other guys to get strong clubs going if they can travel and find host schools that are serious about getting better.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Just went through some of the recent comments. I'll say this, the club scene in Oklahoma has huge potential. On the youth level there is a lot of egos and competition. The USA wrestling guys hate the OKWA guys and so on. It's childish and the politics are ridiculous and often makes its way up to the HS level. I think it was the Edmond N coach who was recently booted from the coaches list for Fargo last second and sent more kids than anyone. Every year they seem to find spots for some guys who consistently kiss ass that arent even coaches at any school.

The Cook bros come to mind. They have a pretty damn successful club now (Threestyle Wrestling) on the east side of the state and work with some kids out of Arkansas. I think theyve been instrumental in the rise of the program at Coweta and there will be some studs coming from there soon. I think they found their niche working with younger kids in a club setting as they have absolutely NO BUSINESS ever coaching a HS team ever again. They teach amazing technique though and I'll leave it at that.

I think there are great opportunities for other guys to get strong clubs going if they can travel and find host schools that are serious about getting better.

Just my two cents.
Why can’t they coach high school?

Heard that lady even switched to PSU!
season 4 showtime GIF by Shameless

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Hat tip to Psalm 1 Guy on the PSU board . As he says, "Since 2011 the number of participating wrestlers has more than doubled to over 8K wrestlers competing this year. In particular, 16U WFS went from 81 in 2011 to 838 this year!" Incredible. I recall a few brackets where you had to wrestle twice just to get to the round of 32 lol.

Hat tip to Psalm 1 Guy on the PSU board . As he says, "Since 2011 the number of participating wrestlers has more than doubled to over 8K wrestlers competing this year. In particular, 16U WFS went from 81 in 2011 to 838 this year!" Incredible. I recall a few brackets where you had to wrestle twice just to get to the round of 32 lol.

Thanks Pennstate1985 and thanks Psalm 1 guy

You're welcome. I enjoy talking to like-minded people. There are so few of us in this world. It's a positive story and should be shared. With 8,000 wrestlers at Fargo, I would imagine a TON of recruiting is happening as well. Will be interesting to follow next year.
Watching the growth of the sport has been amazing. I still remember here in Delaware; we were not very good. Then hit a spurt of guys that were making noise on the national level. I believe it was at the 2005 or 2006 Brute Scholastic Duals that Delaware started getting recognized. Delaware either won it or finished 2nd that year. Matt Cathell, Chris Diaz, Alex Meade, Ian Moser, Tommy Abbott, Connor Mcdonald, Jarod Garnett, Jamelle Jones, Luke Rebertus were just a few of the guys on the team. Felt good to see wrestling good in Delaware and the sport hitting a growth spurt.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT