ADVERTISEMENT

Explosion in Tel Aviv

Drones are starting to scare me. Ad AI and all bets are off. Jamming would be a good defense but has its negatives. The drone that wss used here apparently went undetected by the Iron Dome. We are going to have to track drones with a signature of a bb.

Nukes kill indescrimenently but drones are personal. I'm starting to ask myself which is worse. The Ukraine conflict is pushing innovation of drone tech at breakneck speeds. Imagine drone swarms with AI technology with a specific target list then make them the size of bee. We are making our own destruction again.

Drones are starting to scare me. Ad AI and all bets are off. Jamming would be a good defense but has its negatives. The drone that wss used here apparently went undetected by the Iron Dome. We are going to have to track drones with a signature of a bb.

Nukes kill indescrimenently but drones are personal. I'm starting to ask myself which is worse. The Ukraine conflict is pushing innovation of drone tech at breakneck speeds. Imagine drone swarms with AI technology with a specific target list then make them the size of bee. We are making our own destruction again.
I wonder if the secret service has any counter measures for a swarm attack? Portable RF jammer, maybe?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I wonder if the secret service has any counter measures for a swarm attack? Portable RF jammer, maybe?
Yea but you have to get the frequency right which means you have to detect it first. Some hunters with shotguns might do better.

This must be a tough nut to crack. The Israeli drone attack is evidence that technology can only do so much and the attacker only has to be lucky once. A swarm gives you a lot of chances at that lucky shot.

I didn't think so before but we are in a completely different age of warfare. I was wrong about where I thought we were when it came to drones being effective on the battlefield and they are cheap and easy to make. This is like introducing the longbow, or the cannon, or the airplane to the battlefield for the first time. I know we have been working countermeasure but how effective can they be in a situation like protecting the president?

Yea but you have to get the frequency right which means you have to detect it first. Some hunters with shotguns might do better.

This must be a tough nut to crack. The Israeli drone attack is evidence that technology can only do so much and the attacker only has to be lucky once. A swarm gives you a lot of chances at that lucky shot.

I didn't think so before but we are in a completely different age of warfare. I was wrong about where I thought we were when it came to drones being effective on the battlefield and they are cheap and easy to make. This is like introducing the longbow, or the cannon, or the airplane to the battlefield for the first time. I know we have been working countermeasure but how effective can they be in a situation like protecting the president?

It's a whole new class of warfare.

Jamming is fine, but autonomous flight doesn't require comms back to HQ. A $300 drone carrying a hand grenade as we've seen in Ukraine is a shockingly effective munition.
Many of these drones are smaller than a duck or hawk. Defending a ship against a bird swarm might be possible, but I can't see this as possible for buildings, much less buildings in urban environments.

A couple hundred autonomous drones headed to specific gps coordinates with even small hand grenades is going to be impossible to counter.

My assessment is that Israel is completely fuxed with the advent of cheap deadly drones.

It's a whole new class of warfare.

Jamming is fine, but autonomous flight doesn't require comms back to HQ. A $300 drone carrying a hand grenade as we've seen in Ukraine is a shockingly effective munition.
Many of these drones are smaller than a duck or hawk. Defending a ship against a bird swarm might be possible, but I can't see this as possible for buildings, much less buildings in urban environments.

A couple hundred autonomous drones headed to specific gps coordinates with even small hand grenades is going to be impossible to counter.

My assessment is that Israel is completely fuxed with the advent of cheap deadly drones.
What’s terrifying is if swarm drone attacks become a standard war tactic so they are more than an annoyance to a nuclear power the nuclear power may decide to end the conflict in one fell swoop.

What’s terrifying is if swarm drone attacks become a standard war tactic so they are more than an annoyance to a nuclear power the nuclear power may decide to end the conflict in one fell swoop.
At some point cyber attacks will also draw physical retaliation.

Should nations respond to biological warfare with cruise missiles, boms, and torpedoes?

Great news is the world will become a much more civilized world for humans to live in come Nov 5th.

No concerns with drones…….our secret service totally didn’t allow one to fly over a presidential campaign site recently.

• Sad
Reactions: okcpokefan12

I told you and aircraft carriers are the prize for these swarms IMO. If they can sink one of those it would strike fear in the US.

I told you and aircraft carriers are the prize for these swarms IMO. If they can sink one of those it would strike fear in the US.
And the economics alone have changed the face of war....
$1M in drones sink a $15B aircraft carrier...
$100,000 drone destroys the command structure of the opponent... or a $10M Abrahms tank
$1M in drones requires $100M in Patriot missiles to defend...

Economic attrition alone will change the face of war.

And the economics alone have changed the face of war....
$1M in drones sink a $15B aircraft carrier...
$100,000 drone destroys the command structure of the opponent... or a $10M Abrahms tank
$1M in drones requires $100M in Patriot missiles to defend...

Economic attrition alone will change the face of war.
Good points.

For 6-years I was the VP of North & South America for a software company based in Herzliya, Israel which is a suburb located in the greater Tel Aviv area. I had to travel there once each quarter for global meetings. I have many friends and acquaintances in the area. Every time I see a rocket going off in the area, I ping many of those friends to check on their wellbeing.

Until last week, across the board the replies were akin to “don’t worry we will take care of them with our allies.” Now their responses are somewhere between circumspect and serious fear. More than a few of them have bailed out to western Europe (not France). Some have even moved to or back to Texas.

Like the Swiss, most Israelis I know are active or reserve armed forces or their version of a 3-letter agency. Netanyahu is no longer able to mask his globalist intent and it is seeping into the populous like a stench. It won’t be long now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT