ADVERTISEMENT

Excited for the Scuffle

osukev1988

Commitment
Jan 28, 2012
I realize that I view our team with very bright orange colored glasses but I cant help but be excited to watch this team every chance I get this year. Some choose to always notice the things that could have gone better but I choose to enjoy watching these hard working young men go out and compete because they are just fun to watch. Winning the reno toc was a bonus and as it is the first time I have watched Boo wrestle I was impressed with what I saw. I was extremely happy for Jordan Rogers and Davey Dolan as they are two of my personal favorites on the team and congratulate them on a good tourney. I am not sure who all is going to the scuffle but it should be the best one I've seen yet as this team is the best team top to bottom we've had in quite a while. Let me know if anybody else is going to Chattanooga and wants to have dinner with L8agin and myself.

Go Pokes

Air Force
Appalachian State
Cleveland State
Campbell
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Cornell
Drexel
Duke
Edinboro
Gardner-Webb
Lehigh
Minnesota
Missouri
Navy
North Carolina
Northern Colorado
Northern Iowa
Oklahoma State
Penn
Stanford
Utah Valley
Virginia
VMI

Reactions: oberebo
At the Southern Scuffle, team scoring is weight-by-weight in the same fashion as the NCAA Championships but, if a team has more than one wrestler at a weight, whichever wrestler has amassed the most team points will have his score count towards the team total (meaning that a team does not dictate its starter/scoring wrestler ahead of time).

I realize that I view our team with very bright orange colored glasses but I cant help but be excited to watch this team every chance I get this year. Some choose to always notice the things that could have gone better but I choose to enjoy watching these hard working young men go out and compete because they are just fun to watch. Winning the reno toc was a bonus and as it is the first time I have watched Boo wrestle I was impressed with what I saw. I was extremely happy for Jordan Rogers and Davey Dolan as they are two of my personal favorites on the team and congratulate them on a good tourney. I am not sure who all is going to the scuffle but it should be the best one I've seen yet as this team is the best team top to bottom we've had in quite a while. Let me know if anybody else is going to Chattanooga and wants to have dinner with L8agin and myself.

Go Pokes

Go Pokes
Kevin, Mr. Earl and I will be there and would be delighted to break bread with you and your bro. I have a sister in Alabama who just learned she has cancer and if she has surgery or chemo I will be there for it and will have to cancel the scuffle.l agree with your post about the team and looking forward to the Scuffle and the season.

Reactions: osukev1988
johns radio show is going on right now on 93.7 talking about the scuffle
According to Mr. Earl who listened to John's show he did not say who besides the starters would be going to the scuffle. I am going to take a guess and say that at 125 Eli Hale will be going, Mike Magaldo will be going at 133 and I think that both Boo and Tristan will be going at 141. Geo and Jonce at 149, Jordan Rogers at 174 and White at 197.

Since the semester is over would Jacobe Smith be ready to go?

I did not follow the brackets, but I suppose that Moran beat everyone that Boo Lew beat except Meredith. I know he lost to someone else, but probably beat them or someone who best them in the consolations.

I did not follow the brackets, but I suppose that Moran beat everyone that Boo Lew beat except Meredith. I know he lost to someone else, but probably beat them or someone who best them in the consolations.
moran had a really good tourney as well. he pinned #14 gasca and handled 20 ranked wrestler really well. he just had a hang up from a guy who was tuff defensively and a good rider. boo an moran are both really good wrestlers. moran more of a funkster like Meredith and boo a little better technician.

Moran started with a 17-0 TF, then lost to van der merwe 4-3. After he hit the back side he tore through it with 8 wins including 2 falls, 2TFs, 2 majors and 2 decisions including his closest match in consolation finals of 8-2 over palmer who defeated van der merwe.

Reactions: andegre
According to Mr. Earl who listened to John's show he did not say who besides the starters would be going to the scuffle. I am going to take a guess and say that at 125 Eli Hale will be going, Mike Magaldo will be going at 133 and I think that both Boo and Tristan will be going at 141. Geo and Jonce at 149, Jordan Rogers at 174 and White at 197.

was there anything interesting on the john smith radio show tonight. i only caught the first few mins but had to run errands. what did john say about reno and the cornel duel?

Other than the starters, I think they can only take 5 other wrestlers. I'm sure it will be at 5 different weights. I would say at this time with out knowing who for sure going it will be Hale, Magaldo, Moran or Lewellan, Masden and White. If it's 17 they will add Rogers and Blaylock. One of our stud 141 pounders will stay home.

Other than the starters, I think they can only take 5 other wrestlers. I'm sure it will be at 5 different weights. I would say at this time with out knowing who for sure going it will be Hale, Magaldo, Moran or Lewellan, Masden and White. If it's 17 they will add Rogers and Blaylock. One of our stud 141 pounders will stay home.
they may wrestle off for it you think....

I believe a team can take as many as they want, but only 15 can be possible scorers. RS's can go, but cannot be scorers, or they lose RS status.

I was told up to 15 wrestlers total, now numbers overall are down so they may be allowing more. There will be some PSU guys there from what I was told, Hall is suppose to be going.

I was told up to 15 wrestlers total, now numbers overall are down so they may be allowing more. There will be some PSU guys there from what I was told, Hall is suppose to be going.
7 teams took more than 15 last year, 6 teams the year before. Highest number from any one team was 22. Good way to get redshirts some really tough matches in, and see where they stand.

Sounds great, my mother is also attending and it should be a great time.
Mr. Earl and I will definitely be at the scuffle with Okstatefan and bride Karen.
The ranked wrestlers at each accoding to Flo as of 12/9.
125 #3 Barlow McGhee-Mo, #5 Darian Cruz-Lehigh, #9 Ethan Lizak-Mn., #10 Sean Russell-Edinboro, #11 Jack Mueller-Va, #13 Nick Piccininni-OK State, #14 Nathan Kraisser-Campbell.
133 #6 Kaid Brock OK State, #9 Jaydin Eierman Mo, #10 Scott Parker Lehigh, #12 Connor Schram Stanford, #13 Kevin Devoy Drexel, #15 Mark Grey Cornell.
141 #1 Dean Heil OK State, #2 Joey McKenna Stanford, #4 Randy Cruz Lehigh, #7 Matt Manley Mo, #8 Joey Ward NC, #9 George DiCamillo Va., #12 Tommy Thorn Mn.
149 #3 Anthony Collica OK State, #4 Lavion Mayes MO.,#7 Patrick Lugo Edinboro, #9 Laike Gardner Lehigh, #11 Max Thomsen UNI, #15 Matthew Cimato Drexel, #16 Matt Zovistoski App St.
157 #2 Dylan Palacio Cornell, #3 Joe Smith OK State, #6 Joey Lavallee Mo, #7 Jake Short Mn., #13 May Betthea Penn, #15 Jordan Kutler Lehigh, #21 Andrew Atkinson Va.
165 #4 Daniel Lewis Mo.,#5 Mitch Menotti Lehigh, #9 Chandler Rogers OK State, #11 Jake Faust Duke, #13 Keaton Subjeck Stanford , #15 Tyler Marinelli Gardner Webb, #18 Austin Matthews Edinboro.
174 #5 Brian Realbuto Cornell, #6 Kyle Crutchmer OK State, #8
Ethan Ramos N. Carolina, #10 Taylor Lujan UNI, #14 Ryan Preisch
Lehigh, #17 Jim Wilson Stanford
184 #1 Gabe Dean Cornell, #5 Nolan Boyd OK State, #14 Drew Foster UNI, #16 Chip Ness N. Carolina, #20 Dylan Gabel No. Colorado.
197 #1 J'Den Cox Mo., #2 Brett Pfarr Mn., #4 Preston Weigel OK State, #13 Frank Mattiace Penn, #20 Benn Haas Lehigh.
285 #4 Michael Kroells Mn, #8 Nathan Butler Stanford, #9 Billy Miller Edinboro, #10 Denzel DeJournette App State, #12 Austin Schafer Oklahoma State, #13 Doug Vollaro Lehigh, #14 Jared Johnson UT chattanooga, #19 Jacob Kasper Duke .

Mark Hall might have something to say about 174.
I take it he is going. I did not list any Penn State wrestles since they did not enter but of course he would be a factor at 174 and good competition. The more competition the better is what I believe.

Yes, I agree. The more competition the better. He is going and I'm fairly certain he is the only Penn State wrestler who will be there. Looking forward to it!

andrew marsden told me he is going......i would love to see as many of our guys as the tourney will allow.

So obviously the Flo list is not complete and if Andrew is going then I think we can assume several others are going.

mark hall seeded 10th....hope we see the aggressive I'm gonna destroy you crutchmer not the tentative wrestle not to lose crutchmer....should be a great match

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT