ADVERTISEMENT

Epstein update thread.

simplest explanation is the most likely

I agree with that, but everyone predicted he would die before trial. And when he did, nobody was surprised. The last suicide in that part of that prison was 40 years ago.

The simplest explanation is that someone facilitated his suicide via breaches in the local prison protocol. What that means or who is to blame I don't know. But failing to do due diligence at an executive level on the most publicized prisoner in the world actually requires a bigger stretch of logic than you seem to think it does. Particularly if they still needed him for testimony.

The list of things that went wrong here... no suicide watch after supposedly attempting suicide, no camera, no cellmate, no eyes on him for long enough that he was cold to the touch when found. He was either murdered or was legit suicidal and given the opportunity, window of privacy and tools to do whatever he wanted. The question is why? Who? And most importantly - did it matter at that point?

His lawyers have both booked criminal defense lawyers for themselves. What is up with that??

I think the guy was either straight up murdered or his death was faked for witness protection purposes. I just don't see this guy being a suicider even if given the opportunity.

But the simplest "explanation" is someone purposely gave him a window to kill himself, and I think that eventually the "story" will be some negligence allowed it to happen and we should all move along.

I agree with that, but everyone predicted he would die before trial. And when he did, nobody was surprised. The last suicide in that part of that prison was 40 years ago.

The simplest explanation is that someone facilitated his suicide via breaches in the local prison protocol. What that means or who is to blame I don't know. But failing to do due diligence at an executive level on the most publicized prisoner in the world actually requires a bigger stretch of logic than you seem to think it does. Particularly if they still needed him for testimony.

The list of things that went wrong here... no suicide watch after supposedly attempting suicide, no camera, no cellmate, no eyes on him for long enough that he was cold to the touch when found. He was either murdered or was legit suicidal and given the opportunity, window of privacy and tools to do whatever he wanted. The question is why? Who? And most importantly - did it matter at that point?

His lawyers have both booked criminal defense lawyers for themselves. What is up with that??
it was his lawyers who wanted him off suicide watch... I thought that was weird. Maybe they did it at his request...who knows. Or, maybe they were told to do that by someone else. Could they go rogue on Epstein and do things without his knowledge?

Reactions: SoonerRedYukon101
I think the guy was either straight up murdered or his death was faked for witness protection purposes. I just don't see this guy being a suicider even if given the opportunity.

But the simplest "explanation" is someone purposely gave him a window to kill himself, and I think that eventually the story will be some negligence allowed it to happen and we should all move along.

If you think about it, actual suicide might be one of the less likely explanations. A lot of screwing up had to happen to open the window for him to actually have a chance to do it. He had to devise a way to do it successfully. It had to work. He had to not be discovered before he was beyond the point of no return.

That's assuming that we are going with the negligence allowing him to successfully off himself narrative.

Maybe he paid someone off to facilitate his plans, but if not, his plan could have broken down in about 10 different ways.

I think it is much more believable that his death was faked, or he was murdered and it was made to look like suicide.

If you think about it, actual suicide might be one of the less likely explanations. A lot of screwing up had to happen to open the window for him to actually have a chance to do it. He had to devise a way to do it successfully. It had to work. He had to not be discovered before he was beyond the point of no return.

That's assuming that we are going with the negligence allowing him to successfully off himself narrative.

Maybe he paid someone off to facilitate his plans, but if not, his plan could have broken down in about 10 different ways.

I think it is much more believable that his death was faked, or he was murdered and it was made to look like suicide.
The reason I don’t believe it was by his own hand, the man was a transhumanist and basically his life goal was to seed humanity with his dna and to be frozen or have his brain uploaded to the cloud. I highly doubt he did this willingly.

I do remember the discussions that have taken place over the years about Epstein. Liberals ignore the case because their one

But failing to do due diligence at an executive level on the most publicized prisoner in the world actually requires a bigger stretch of logic than you seem to think it does. Particularly if they still needed him for testimony.

I don't have an answer for any of that. I will say don't rule out suicide. I saw something (a rosenstein tweet of all things had a link) to a doj pub that said pretrial pedophiles have a high probability of suicides. He already tried once appparently.

Another factor is that if he committed suicide, then he knew there was an available window, which indicates either the incompetence is occurring round-the-clock, or he was specifically told of the opportune window.

it was his lawyers who wanted him off suicide watch... I thought that was weird. Maybe they did it at his request...who knows. Or, maybe they were told to do that by someone else. Could they go rogue on Epstein and do things without his knowledge?

For some lawyers if the price is right? Do anything if they think they will not get caught, and some think they are smarter than everyone else.

Totally agree. And there will probably be hallway video, but that can easily be looped and faked. It's just too many things that conveniently went wrong, and he had to have the balls to to do it and finish it. I just don't know many narcissists who would be able to do that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-jail-officers.html

Jeffrey Epstein Death: 2 Guards Slept Through Checks and Falsified Records

The two guards who were in the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep and failed to check on him for about three hours, then falsified records to cover up their mistake, a law enforcement official and a prison official said on Tuesday.

Those disclosures came as the two guards were placed on administrative leave and the warden of the jail, the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, was temporarily reassigned, pending the outcome of the investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death, the Justice Department announced.

The two correctional officers in the special housing unit where Mr. Epstein was held — 9 South — falsely recorded in a log that they had checked on the financier, who was facing sex trafficking charges, every 30 minutes, as was required, the officials said. Such false entries in an official log could constitute a federal crime.

In fact, the guards had been asleep for some or all of the three hours, the officials said.

The attorney general, William P. Barr, on Monday ordered the Justice Department’s inspector general to look into how Mr. Epstein had managed to commit suicide while in custody and why he had been taken off a suicide watch 12 days earlier.

“We will get to the bottom of what happened,” Mr. Barr said.

The warden, Lamine N’Diaye, will be transferred to a Bureau of Prison office in Philadelphia while the F.B.I. and the Justice Department’s inspector general conduct inquiries. The Justice Department said in a statement that it might take additional punitive actions.

• • •

Some union leaders for prison workers expressed dismay about Mr. Barr’s decision to allow the warden to continue working, even as the two staff members were placed on leave.

“It makes me angry that they reassigned the warden,” said Jose Rojas, an official in the prison employees’ union and a teacher at the Coleman prison complex in Sumterville, Fla. “They didn’t put him on administrative leave like the others. The warden made the call to take Epstein off suicide watch and to remove his cellmate. That is egregious.”

Since Saturday, Mr. Barr has been briefed multiple times a day on the inquiries into Mr. Epstein’s death, a Justice Department official said. In addition to the investigations by the Justice Department, the inspector general and the F.B.I., two other reviews of Mr. Epstein’s death were underway, a Justice Department official said.

A team of psychologists from the Bureau of Prisons visited the Manhattan jail on Tuesday to review each step of the decision to take Mr. Epstein off suicide watch.

On Wednesday, an “after-action team” — led by the bureau’s Southeast regional director — is scheduled to be at the prison to determine whether employees and officials followed protocols in the days and weeks before Mr. Epstein died, the official said.

Mr. Epstein’s death has drawn sharp criticism from Republican and Democratic lawmakers.

On Monday, the chairman and ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the acting director of the Bureau of Prisons, Hugh Hurwitz, demanding answers about how Mr. Epstein could have been unsupervised long enough to take his own life.

The letter said Mr. Epstein’s apparent suicide had brought to light “severe miscarriages” or deficiencies in how inmates are managed at the jail and had “allowed the deceased to ultimately evade facing justice.”

It was signed by Representatives Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, and Doug Collins, a Georgia Republican.

Mr. Nadler and Mr. Collins demanded that the Bureau of Prisons hand over by Aug. 21 any details about Mr. Epstein’s mental health evaluations and his housing, as well as the bureau’s protocols for handling inmates considered at risk of suicide.

They also requested to be told how Mr. Epstein was being monitored and what the surveillance cameras may have recorded in or near Mr. Epstein’s cell.

At the same time, Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, urged Mr. Barr on Tuesday to rip up an agreement federal prosecutors in Florida had reached with Mr. Epstein in 2008 that shielded not only him, but also any other co-conspirators who may have helped him lure teenage girls into prostitution.

“This crooked deal cannot stand,” Mr. Sasse said in his letter

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-jail-officers.html

Jeffrey Epstein Death: 2 Guards Slept Through Checks and Falsified Records

The two guards who were in the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep and failed to check on him for about three hours, then falsified records to cover up their mistake, a law enforcement official and a prison official said on Tuesday.

Those disclosures came as the two guards were placed on administrative leave and the warden of the jail, the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, was temporarily reassigned, pending the outcome of the investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death, the Justice Department announced.

The two correctional officers in the special housing unit where Mr. Epstein was held — 9 South — falsely recorded in a log that they had checked on the financier, who was facing sex trafficking charges, every 30 minutes, as was required, the officials said. Such false entries in an official log could constitute a federal crime.

In fact, the guards had been asleep for some or all of the three hours, the officials said.

The attorney general, William P. Barr, on Monday ordered the Justice Department’s inspector general to look into how Mr. Epstein had managed to commit suicide while in custody and why he had been taken off a suicide watch 12 days earlier.

“We will get to the bottom of what happened,” Mr. Barr said.

The warden, Lamine N’Diaye, will be transferred to a Bureau of Prison office in Philadelphia while the F.B.I. and the Justice Department’s inspector general conduct inquiries. The Justice Department said in a statement that it might take additional punitive actions.

• • •

Some union leaders for prison workers expressed dismay about Mr. Barr’s decision to allow the warden to continue working, even as the two staff members were placed on leave.

“It makes me angry that they reassigned the warden,” said Jose Rojas, an official in the prison employees’ union and a teacher at the Coleman prison complex in Sumterville, Fla. “They didn’t put him on administrative leave like the others. The warden made the call to take Epstein off suicide watch and to remove his cellmate. That is egregious.”

Since Saturday, Mr. Barr has been briefed multiple times a day on the inquiries into Mr. Epstein’s death, a Justice Department official said. In addition to the investigations by the Justice Department, the inspector general and the F.B.I., two other reviews of Mr. Epstein’s death were underway, a Justice Department official said.

A team of psychologists from the Bureau of Prisons visited the Manhattan jail on Tuesday to review each step of the decision to take Mr. Epstein off suicide watch.

On Wednesday, an “after-action team” — led by the bureau’s Southeast regional director — is scheduled to be at the prison to determine whether employees and officials followed protocols in the days and weeks before Mr. Epstein died, the official said.

Mr. Epstein’s death has drawn sharp criticism from Republican and Democratic lawmakers.

On Monday, the chairman and ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to the acting director of the Bureau of Prisons, Hugh Hurwitz, demanding answers about how Mr. Epstein could have been unsupervised long enough to take his own life.

The letter said Mr. Epstein’s apparent suicide had brought to light “severe miscarriages” or deficiencies in how inmates are managed at the jail and had “allowed the deceased to ultimately evade facing justice.”

It was signed by Representatives Jerrold Nadler, a New York Democrat, and Doug Collins, a Georgia Republican.

Mr. Nadler and Mr. Collins demanded that the Bureau of Prisons hand over by Aug. 21 any details about Mr. Epstein’s mental health evaluations and his housing, as well as the bureau’s protocols for handling inmates considered at risk of suicide.

They also requested to be told how Mr. Epstein was being monitored and what the surveillance cameras may have recorded in or near Mr. Epstein’s cell.

At the same time, Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, urged Mr. Barr on Tuesday to rip up an agreement federal prosecutors in Florida had reached with Mr. Epstein in 2008 that shielded not only him, but also any other co-conspirators who may have helped him lure teenage girls into prostitution.

“This crooked deal cannot stand,” Mr. Sasse said in his letter
:rolleyes:

So... what did Alexander Acosta mean by ““I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone.” ?

Any chance some American or foreign intelligence service is involved in JE dying or appearing to?

If so, who? Why?

1c639d.jpg

So... what did Alexander Acosta mean by ““I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone.” ?

Any chance some American or foreign intelligence service is involved in JE dying or appearing to?

If so, who? Why?

There are rumors that he was connected to Israeli intelligence, somehow.

Even if true, it is tough to believe that Mossad would be able to infiltrate the prison to take him out.

Americans are known to be easily bribed. That combined with threats against family and kids.

Well, if prison employees are dumb enough to be bribed by Mossad operatives, they probably aren't smart enough to cover their tracks or to not let the cat out of the bag when pressed. Seems like a stretch to go with the narrative that Mossad infiltrated the U.S. prison system, pulled off a fake suicide of the highest profile prisoner in the U.S., and the public will never know. I'm sure NZ buys that story, but it really doesn't hold up when you apply some critical thinking.

There are multiple other explanations that are much more realistic.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Well, if prison employees are dumb enough to be bribed by Mossad operatives, they probably aren't smart enough to cover their tracks or to not let the cat out of the bag when pressed. Seems like a stretch to go with the narrative that Mossad infiltrated the U.S. prison system, pulled off a fake suicide of the highest profile prisoner in the U.S., and the public will never know. I'm sure NZ buys that story, but it really doesn't hold up when you apply some critical thinking.

There are multiple other explanations that are much more realistic.

I am not going down the path of any single theory right now, just pointing out what is possible. One of my early thoughts that I did not post was I hoped they staged his death and removed him to another site to make sure they keep him alive to testify and convict. I have no idea what has happened. It could easily be nefarious, and you have several entities that could all want him dead, a bunch matter of fact, and that includes the inmates in that prison. I wish we could trust our government more, we saw what happened with the Steele Dossier, and the insurance policy our own government agents carried forward just based on their political leanings. This is hate and desperation if he was killed, I get tired of saying it, but people do stupid and irrational things when driven by hate.You cannot assume anyone acted out rationally, some may wanted him dead and were ok getting caught as long as what he knew about them was not disclosed. You could always say he was scum and deserved to die so I did something righteous, no one will believe it. But then if it did get disclosed how many times you were having sex with underage women, the orgies, the drugs, etc... You might prefer to be known as the guy that killed him to keep secrets, instead of all the sordid details to be in public. Who knows? Desperate and hateful people do STUPID things.

Last edited:
It was reported by the NYT that several of Epstein's lawyers have retained their own defense counsels. Not so much for the present events but for their part in the establishment of trusts and other entities in the US and Virgin Islands.

I don’t find that tough to believe. Those guys have been hinting nazis for fun since 1945.

"for fun" :rolleyes:

It's one thing to sneak into Portugual and off a 90 year old war criminal living in his shack on the shore. Sneaking an agent into a U.S. Federal Prison is a different animal.

Mossad is very good at what they do, plus they know how to be quiet. This will be incredibly interesting to see how it all plays out. If the government managed to fake this and get into protective custody I'm going back to a land line and off all social media......that would be beyond spooky.

Some of this stuff looks really hard to believe and on its surface looks false....easy to photo shop stuff and people are going to do fake news for clicks. Who knows what the truth is, but right now I am not ready to take the hook on any theory and perhaps never will other than we all know this thing was so poorly mismanaged it is not even funny. So many people wanted him dead, all of them might have been trying to kill him and one of them succeeded before the others. I know it is not good for the country, it appears once again, there are 2 sets of rules for the voters that pay taxes and the ruling elite around the world. This is international scandal when you look at who has been implicated.

I hope, we actually had true incompetence and a suicide, but not certain I can ever believe that. Going to be interesting if we ever get to the "truth".

"for fun" :rolleyes:

It's one thing to sneak into Portugual and off a 90 year old war criminal living in his shack on the shore. Sneaking an agent into a U.S. Federal Prison is a different animal.
Epstein was the connective tissue between Mossad and factions of the FBI/CIA. I bet Mossad outsourced this one to their friends at the DOJ.

Epstein was the connective tissue between Mossad and factions of the FBI/CIA. I bet Mossad outsourced this one to their friends at the DOJ.

Seems more believable. But, still a stretch. The DOJ isn't going to off him for Mossad if they don't want him offed for their own reasons...in which case Mossad doesn't even need to be part of the picture.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Seems more believable. But, still a stretch. The DOJ isn't going to off him for Mossad if they don't want him offed for their own reasons...in which case Mossad doesn't even need to be part of the picture.
True true

As Pokeabear said, consider this source ... still, Slick gonna Slick.

Based on his past, I have no doubt he satisfied his urges on that island. Now, were they underage? Are they on record? Can you prove it? Otherwise, he can screw all the women he wants, he was married to the biotch cankles. I will never cheat on my wife, but what Bill does with women of legal age during his private life as a civilian, I could careless. If those women are legal age? Fine. Now if he KNEW underage girls were getting pounded on that island he did not partake? Big problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT