ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Suppose The Venezuelan Refugees At Marthas Vineyard

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Had surrealistic nightmarish flashbacks to the terror they fled in Venezuela when armed uniformed soldiers surrounded where they were staying and said “Come with us” as they led them onto a bus to take them to a military compound? Do you suppose any of them thought they were going to be “disappeared” and would never be seen or heard from again, the way the government they had fled would have done to them? Do you suppose the children in the group, the ones about whom our leftist friends purport to care the most, were terrified when they looked out the window and saw soldiers descending on them? The citizens of Marthas Vineyard must be so proud of themselves for protecting the integrity of their brand. So compassionate! So giving!

Last edited:
Had surrealistic nightmarish flashbacks to the terror they fled in Venezuela when armed uniformed soldiers surrounded where they were staying and said “Come with us” as they led them onto a bus to take them to a military compound? Do you suppose any of them thought they were going to be “disappeared” and would never be seen or heard from again, the way the government they had fled would have done to them? Do you suppose the children in the group, the ones about whom our leftist friends purport to care about the most, were terrified when they looked out the window and saw soldiers descending on them? The citizens of Marthas Vineyard must be so proud of themselves for protecting the integrity of their brand. So compassionate! So giving!
Why wasn't our current administration there to welcome them folks? They invited em over after all.

Seriously…..is there anything to do in Ponca City, Oklahoma besides sitting at the computer all day? Go outside. Watch the game. Take a break.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Haven’t lived in Ponca City for the last two decades. But your point is well taken. I should shut up, sit back and close my eyes as political hell gains the upper hand.
Dan left Ponca's hellscape 18 or so years ago, moving his family and his business to the bougey comfort of Edmond. The closest he gets to the riff-raff is when he goes to the UPS store to collect his commission checks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Syskatine
Dan left Ponca's hellscape 18 or so years ago, moving his family and his business to the bougey comfort of Edmond. The closest he gets to the riff-raff is when he goes to the UPS store to collect his commission checks.
Good one. Except I work in construction. So I’m around riff-raff every work day. I’m around riff-raff So much I’m pretty sure I am riff-raff.

I personally am very pro legal immigration. The Hispanic work force is awesome. Hard workers who generally are solid people. It just needs to be in a legal organized manner. I say bring a ton of them over every year. Just secure the border fist and do it. I think many Dems think republicans are anti Hispanic immigration. That is not the case. We just prefer structure. Dems are just happy with immature chaos.

I personally am very pro legal immigration. The Hispanic work force is awesome. Hard workers who generally are solid people. It just needs to be in a legal organized manner. I say bring a ton of them over every year. Just secure the border fist and do it. I think many Dems think republicans are anti Hispanic immigration. That is not the case. We just prefer structure. Dems are just happy with immature chaos.
The larger picture of the dimms open border? I know what yer saying though brother. 👍

Git lucky yet big guy? Must be dark there. 😂
I am married so I stopped ****ing a long time ago pal. That leads to kids and unlike libs I can stop from ****ing to not have to kill babies.

three replies guess I am ****ing you?

I am married so I stopped ****ing a long time ago pal. That leads to kids and unlike libs I can stop from ****ing to not have to kill babies.

three replies guess I am ****ing you?
Reminds of a Willie song. Blue sky's smiling on me, nothing but blue sky's do I see.......😁

e604d84200682df8.jpeg

Had surrealistic nightmarish flashbacks to the terror they fled in Venezuela when armed uniformed soldiers surrounded where they were staying and said “Come with us” as they led them onto a bus to take them to a military compound? Do you suppose any of them thought they were going to be “disappeared” and would never be seen or heard from again, the way the government they had fled would have done to them? Do you suppose the children in the group, the ones about whom our leftist friends purport to care the most, were terrified when they looked out the window and saw soldiers descending on them? The citizens of Marthas Vineyard must be so proud of themselves for protecting the integrity of their brand. So compassionate! So giving!
The lying to the people was a good look, All the usual conservatives with their usual honesty and thoughtful suggestions.

The lying to the people was a good look, All the usual conservatives with their usual honesty and thoughtful suggestions.

I remember Rush Limbaugh used to tease that the most dangerous place in America was to be standing between a tv camera and Chuck Schumer. I’m pretty sure that honor is now a serious competition between two Republicans, Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz. Ted in particular seems to be of the notion that America wants to know his opinion on every subject imaginable. When a person is as annoying as often as Ted is he is bound to have egg on his face regularly.

So, now that you have reestablished for the umpteenth time your hatred and disdain for all things Republican, and since we are in agreement that we both think Ted Cruz is a schmuck, I wonder if I could persuade you to actually comment on the topic at hand, which is concern about the emotional well being of the Venezuelan illegal immigrants - especially the children - as the very vocal, very public declarations by the very wealthy, very liberal elite citizenry of Marthas Vineyard that their island is a sanctuary for all comers, only to be met with shock and horror that anyone took their declarations seriously after they booted them off their island in less than 48 hours.

You closed your comment with criticism of conservative’s lack of honesty and thoughtful suggestions. Why don’t you begin a conversation by offering your honestly thoughtful suggestions about what the states on our southern border should do with the tsunami of illegal immigrants flooding their jurisdiction? I would love to know your solution.

The dais is yours!

I remember Rush Limbaugh used to tease that the most dangerous place in America was to be standing between a tv camera and Chuck Schumer. I’m pretty sure that honor is now a serious competition between two Republicans, Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz. Ted in particular seems to be of the notion that America wants to know his opinion on every subject imaginable. When a person is as annoying as often as Ted is he is bound to have egg on his face regularly.

So, now that you have reestablished for the umpteenth time your hatred and disdain for all things Republican, and since we are in agreement that we both think Ted Cruz is a schmuck, I wonder if I could persuade you to actually comment on the topic at hand, which is concern about the emotional well being of the Venezuelan illegal immigrants - especially the children - as the very vocal, very public declarations by the very wealthy, very liberal elite citizenry of Marthas Vineyard that their island is a sanctuary for all comers, only to be met with shock and horror that anyone took their declarations seriously after they booted them off their island in less than 48 hours.

You closed your comment with criticism of conservative’s lack of honesty and thoughtful suggestions. Why don’t you begin a conversation by offering your honestly thoughtful suggestions about what the states on our southern border should do with the tsunami of illegal immigrants flooding their jurisdiction? I would love to know your solution.

The dais is yours!
So many dishonest claims posing as "just asking questions". Is that you Tucks?

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Just an equal share - an allotment for each congressional district and each senator sounds about right...
Would the illegal immigrant have a say in which district he would be sent, or would he just have to go where they sent him? How long would he be required to stay in the district to which he had been assigned before he could move to another district? Would he be allowed to leave the district in the meantime for vacation or temporary job? Do the citizens in a district have a say about which illegal immigrant they want in? Who would be in charge of assigning the districts to each immigrant? Would there be an enforcement mechanism to see that each immigrant actually went to his assigned district and stayed for the entire time period, and what would that mechanism be? Your solution comes with a lot of unanswered questions. Since it’s your solution what are your answers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT