ADVERTISEMENT

Do the Pokes have a chance at Nationals

knoblock

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2008
this year or is it all PSU and Ohio State? What is wrong with Heil this year?

this year or is it all PSU and Ohio State? What is wrong with Heil this year?
It is all Penn. St. and Ohio St. this year. I want Ohio St. to win ( Just like I would pull for any team to beat Iowa in their domination. Heil won with his self confidence, his I will show you attitude, his mastery of securing a takedown once he got on his opponents legs, his scrambling ability and his ability to escape from the bottom. This year he has lost a little I believe in all these areas. I hope that he wins Nationals and I believe he is still our best chance to win. Coach Smith says he has been working harder the last month and that needs to continue for the next 2 weeks. One other thing is the rule changes on takedowns and his opponents have seen him lose quite often and therefore their confidence has increased.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
No, they do not have a chance. I am hoping we sneak into the top 5.We qualified everyone but 157.
125 Nick Piccinnini 23-3
133 Kaid Brock 25-3
141 Dean Heil 23-5
149 Boo Lewallen 27-5
165 Chandler Rogers 20-3
174 Jacobe Smith 19-5
184 Keegan Moore 18-8
197 Preston Weigel 12-2
285 Derek White 23-2
The qualifiers are out but the brackets will not come out until Friday.
Nothing wrong with Heil this year. He lives by the Sword and dies by the Sword and in keeping his matches close the law of averages has caught up to him. In the finals of the Big 12 he lost by a point and could have won to the #1 ranked Bryce Meredith. Many would be proud of his 23-5 record.

Reactions: osuind
Thanks. How about the next two years? Need Pat back IMO.

The future looks very, very bright. We've got a lot of young guys in our lineup, we redshirted some studs and we have some committed/signed recruits that are real blue chippers.

Penn State will be a heavy favorite next year. A lot of people disagree with me but if things break right for us I think we could make them sweat. I think the 2020 tournament looks really good for us.

Reactions: osu2082
Trackwrestling rankings are out and we are ranked #10 as a team going into Nationals.
1. Ohio State 123.5,2. Penn State 116.5,3. Missouri 80.5,4. Michigan71.5,5.NC State 60,
6. Lehigh 58,7. Iowa 57, 8. AZ State 46, 9 Va. Tech 43, OK State 42.5.
125 1, /Darian Cruz sr, 2. Nathan Tomasello sr.,3 Suriano, So.,4Spencer Lee Fr., 5. Sean Fausz Jr. 6. Ethan Lizak Jr, 7. Nick Piccinnini Jr. 8.Ronnier BresserJr.
133 1. Seth Gross sr., 2. Stevan Micic so.,3.Luke Pletcher so., 4. Kaid Brock so., 5. Montorie Bridges fr.
1411. Bryce Meredith sr., 2. Jaydin Eierman so., 3. Yanni Diakomalis fr., 4. Joey McKenna Jr. , 5. Kevin Jack Sr, 6. Dean Heil Sr.
149 1. Zain Retherford sr., 2. Brandon Sorenson Sr., 3. Chad Leeth Jr., 4. KeShawn Hayes so. 5. Troy Heilaman sr., 6. Matt Kolodzik So., 7. Ryan Deakin so. 8. Jason Tsirtsis sr., 9.Boo Lewallen so., 10 Max Thomsen Jr.
165 1. Isaac Martinez sr, 2, Vincenzo Joseph Jr., 3. David McFadden So., 4. Chad Walsh Sr. 5. Chance Marsteller Jr., 6. Richie Lewis sr., 7. Evan Wick Fr., 8. Logan Massa So, 9. Alex Marinelli Fr., 10. Chandler Rogers Jr.
174 1. Zahid Valencia So, 2. Mark Hall so., 3. Daniel Lewis Jr., 4. Jordan Kutler so., 5. Myles Amine so., 6. Bo Jordan sr., 7. Taylor Lujan so., 8. Jaedean Bernstein sr. 9. Keaton Sujeck sr., 10. David Kocer sr., 11. Jacobe Smith jr.13. Yoanse Meijas Sr.
184 1. Bo Nickal Jr., 2. Myles Martin Jr., 3 Ryan Preisch jr., 4. Dom Abounader sr. ,
5. Pete Renda sr., 6 Zach Zavatsky jr., 7 Taylor Venz Fr. 8. Emory Parker jr., 9.
Drew Foster Jr. 10. Max Dean fr., 25. Keegan Moore So.
197 1. Ben Darnstadt fr., 2. Kolin Moore so, 3. Jared Haught Sr., 4. Willie Miklus sr., 5. Mike Macchiavello sr., 6. Shakur Rasheed jr., 7 Nate Rotert sr, 8. Preston Weigel jr. ,
9. Frank Mattiace sr., 10 Jacob Smith sr.
285 1. Kyle Snyder sr, 2. Adam Coon Sr., 3 Jacob Kasper sr., 4. Nick Nevills jr., 5. Sam Stoll jr., 6. Amar Dhesi Sr., 7. Nathan Butler, sr., 8. Tanner Hall, Jr., 9. Derek White jr., 10. Jordan Wood Fr.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
Trackwrestling rankings are out and we are ranked #10 as a team going into Nationals.
1. Ohio State 123.5,2. Penn State 116.5,3. Missouri 80.5,4. Michigan71.5,5.NC State 60,
6. Lehigh 58,7. Iowa 57, 8. AZ State 46, 9 Va. Tech 43, 10. OK State 42.5.

no respect

Nothing wrong with Heil this year. He lives by the Sword and dies by the Sword and in keeping his matches close the law of averages has caught up to him. In the finals of the Big 12 he lost by a point and could have won to the #1 ranked Bryce Meredith. Many would be proud of his 23-5 record.

The rule change really affected Dean IMO, there was a spot Saturday against Meredith where he bailed out and gave up the TD when in past years he may have been able to funk out of it. With the rule change, by bailing out he only gave up 2 instead of the possibility of giving up 6 if he would have tried to funk.

The future looks very, very bright. We've got a lot of young guys in our lineup, we redshirted some studs and we have some committed/signed recruits that are real blue chippers.

Penn State will be a heavy favorite next year. A lot of people disagree with me but if things break right for us I think we could make them sweat. I think the 2020 tournament looks really good for us.

I think we can be top 3 in 2018/19 which gives you a shot of you catch some breaks and will be right in the hunt in 2020.

Has anyone other than Boo and White raised there rankings from the beginning of the season ? Seems like we’ve been going the wrong direction in most weight classes this season.

Has anyone other than Boo and White raised there rankings from the beginning of the season ? Seems like we’ve been going the wrong direction in most weight classes this season.
While the short answer is no, there is a lot of parity in many weights. We don't have the sure bet finalist like in the recent past (Derringer, Perry, Oliver,...) but have several wrestlers that should be able to wrestle above their seeds and end up as AA. It always depends on the seeds and who falls where in the bracket, but any of our 9 could be AA and I expect 6 or 7 AA this year. That will put us in the running for a top 4 finish, battling with Michigan, NC State, Missouri, and Iowa. I can't see VA tech, ASU, or Lehigh being with us Sat night.

6. Lehigh 58,7. Iowa 57, 8. AZ State 46, 9 Va. Tech 43, OK State 42.5.
125 1, /Darian Cruz sr, 2. Nathan Tomasello sr.,3 Suriano, So.,4Spencer Lee Fr., 5. Sean Fausz Jr. 6. Ethan Lizak Jr, 7. Nick Piccinnini Jr. 8.Ronnier BresserJr.
133 1. Seth Gross sr., 2. Stevan Micic so.,3.Luke Pletcher so., 4. Kaid Brock so., 5. Montorie Bridges fr.
1411. Bryce Meredith sr., 2. Jaydin Eierman so., 3. Yanni Diakomalis fr., 4. Joey McKenna Jr. , 5. Kevin Jack Sr, 6. Dean Heil Sr.
149 1. Zain Retherford sr., 2. Brandon Sorenson Sr., 3. Chad Leeth Jr., 4. KeShawn Hayes so. 5. Troy Heilaman sr., 6. Matt Kolodzik So., 7. Ryan Deakin so. 8. Jason Tsirtsis sr., 9.Boo Lewallen so., 10 Max Thomsen Jr.
165 1. Isaac Martinez sr, 2, Vincenzo Joseph Jr., 3. David McFadden So., 4. Chad Walsh Sr. 5. Chance Marsteller Jr., 6. Richie Lewis sr., 7. Evan Wick Fr., 8. Logan Massa So, 9. Alex Marinelli Fr., 10. Chandler Rogers Jr.
174 1. Zahid Valencia So, 2. Mark Hall so., 3. Daniel Lewis Jr., 4. Jordan Kutler so., 5. Myles Amine so., 6. Bo Jordan sr., 7. Taylor Lujan so., 8. Jaedean Bernstein sr. 9. Keaton Sujeck sr., 10. David Kocer sr., 11. Jacobe Smith jr.13. Yoanse Meijas Sr.
184 1. Bo Nickal Jr., 2. Myles Martin Jr., 3 Ryan Preisch jr., 4. Dom Abounader sr. ,
5. Pete Renda sr., 6 Zach Zavatsky jr., 7 Taylor Venz Fr. 8. Emory Parker jr., 9.
Drew Foster Jr. 10. Max Dean fr., 25. Keegan Moore So.
197 1. Ben Darnstadt fr., 2. Kolin Moore so, 3. Jared Haught Sr., 4. Willie Miklus sr., 5. Mike Macchiavello sr., 6. Shakur Rasheed jr., 7 Nate Rotert sr, 8. Preston Weigel jr. ,
9. Frank Mattiace sr., 10 Jacob Smith sr.
285 1. Kyle Snyder sr, 2. Adam Coon Sr., 3 Jacob Kasper sr., 4. Nick Nevills jr., 5. Sam Stoll jr., 6. Amar Dhesi Sr., 7. Nathan Butler, sr., 8. Tanner Hall, Jr., 9. Derek White jr., 10. Jordan Wood Fr.

125 - 4th place AA last year, ranked 7th this year. I think 7th is about right, with the addition of Spencer Lee and Nick Suriano. But I can also see him placing higher. I think his loss to Luzak was a fluke.

133 - 5th place AA last year, ranked 4th this year. More so than Piccinnini, not sure there's anyone he can't beat. Won't be surprised at all to see him in the finals.

141 - 2x NCAA Champ, 6th seed now. He's brought this on himself. Fortunately, he could still be a 3x'er.

149 - Ranked 9th, a round outside of AA. Good ranking, but can see him AA if things fall right.

165- 5th place AA last year, ranked 10th this year? WTH? AT 20-3, should be ranked much higher. Hell, Marstellar is ranked 5th. This boggles my mind. I hope this angers Chandler and he rips peoples arms off his opponents and then beats the rankings guys with them. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

174 - Ranked 11th, really love his athleticism if he's healthy. I called for him to AA before the season started. Not backing off that now.

184 - Ranked 25th, may be a little generous. I think he has the potential to be ranked in the top 10-15, but rarely shows it. Very hopeful the Big Twelves lit a fire under him.

197 - AA last year, ranked 8th this year. Seems fair as he's struggled with his injury. But he's a very realistic AA option this year.

HWT - Ranked 9th this year. I bet money he AA's this year. Possibly top five.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT