ADVERTISEMENT

Defense

osumark

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2004
Western Oklahoma
Our Defense plays such soft coverage it's embarrassing. I know our Offense was garbage for most of the game on Saturday, but crap.

I've rewatched the game three times now, and our defensive problems are fixable with scheme tweaks. We have more talent than we've had in years at OSU, but we still can't field a solid D.

We complained about Clay's 4-2-5 Defense, but that's what we run now. We are so scared of the big play, we play 9-30 yards away from the nearest offensive player. A lot of times we have our deep safety turning his back on the play and running across the field.

The 4-2 front spreads our LB's out to much, no wonder everyone thinks our LB's can't play. They have so much room to make up when chasing insideTE's, WR's and RB's coming into the flat and down the middle.

If OSU would play 5-6 yards off their offensive player responsibility we would be so much better.

In the end, it's a numbers game. In the 4th quarter we brought more players than they could block to the LoS, and we did a lot better. I know TCU was playing more conservative, but they still tried to throw the ball and run it.

The reason we can't get off the field on 3rd down is Bc we give up the line to gain in our formations so many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News