ADVERTISEMENT

David “Magic Man” Taylor

Talked to the ticket office this morning. Basically all 200 level seating is sold out with scattered single seats available. After seat change requests, those singles, with a few two singles together will be made available along with season tickets for available 300 level seats. Again, no numbers of actual season tickets sold but the young lady said there won't be near as many walk-up tickets left to sell this year.

Talked to the ticket office this morning. Basically all 200 level seating is sold out with scattered single seats available. After seat change requests, those singles, with a few two singles together will be made available along with season tickets for available 300 level seats. Again, no numbers of actual season tickets sold but the young lady said there won't be near as many walk-up tickets left to sell this year.
Did she say what this renewed interest in tickets was attributed to? I don't get it. ;)

Did prices go up too?

I bought one more for a total of 9 :cool:. There's two I want real bad but someone keeps renewing them so I bought the single on the other side of them lol.

GTzS4GYX0AAoY7K

It will be. What DT is doing is going to look like magic next year. I have so much hate in my heart for you guys right now.
From what I have seen so far, DT is everything I thought he would be as a coach. Intense. Thoughtful. Hard working. Hands-on. There seems to be little deviation from Cael's early culture posture. Over time things will soften but in order to institute a new culture you need to be a hard ass about things. You have a small fire, you call in the tanker plane with 30,000 gallons of water to put it out. I was excited to hear that guys are already seeing the benefits of DT's coaching style. Being able to hit moves that were not possible before, and if I recall, that was one of Gilman's kids. That is what improves morale and binds a team to a coach long term. Culture only works if it improves results. I think great things are happening in Stillwater.

Last edited:
From what I have seen so far, DT is everything I thought he would be as a coach. Intense. Thoughtful. Hard working. Hands-on. There seems to be little deviation from Cael's early culture posture. Over time things will soften but in order to institute a new culture you need to be a hard ass about things. You have a small fire, you call in the tanker plane with 30,000 gallons of water to put it out. I was excited to hear that guys are already seeing the benefits of DT's coaching style. Being able to hit moves that were not possible before, and if I recall, that was one of Gilman's kids. That is what improves morale and binds a team to a coach long term. Culture only works if it improves results. I think great things are happening in Stillwater.
This. All of this.

There are no coaches on the wall during live.

One thing that will be stressed big time also, the thing everyone hated about PSU will be a staple of Oklahoma State very soon: a very effective ride that breaks down the opponents

Call it stall riding all you want, DT I bet would say it's the bottom guys fault anyways like his mentor. Cael stressed over and over that one of his favorite things about folk wrestling is you must earn your own escape, nobody will bail you out. If you can't get out, you deserve to be on bottom for the entire match. Similarly, do you guys have any wrestlers who aren't the best on bottom? They're going to have some tough practices, like you aren't leaving until you're out practices.

One thing that will be stressed big time also, the thing everyone hated about PSU will be a staple of Oklahoma State very soon: a very effective ride that breaks down the opponents

Call it stall riding all you want, DT I bet would say it's the bottom guys fault anyways like his mentor. Cael stressed over and over that one of his favorite things about folk wrestling is you must earn your own escape, nobody will bail you out. If you can't get out, you deserve to be on bottom for the entire match. Similarly, do you guys have any wrestlers who aren't the best on bottom? They're going to have some tough practices, like you aren't leaving until you're out practices.

lol… you’re new here, huh? Cowboys that struggle on bottom? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

To quote Plott.. “the best move to get off bottom is GET THE HELL OUT. The technique you chose isn’t as important as GET THE HELL OUT. Its an attitude.”

At times it looked in the past like we invented "struggling on the bottom". If this aspect of our wrestling can be improved under David than we will be light years better. It is an attitude which was not in our arsenal. This was the one flaw under previous coaches that was never corrected. The wrestlers that struggled were always told to take the down position under the theory that we need to work on our "weakness". The time to work on the weakness is prior to the match in practice and not in the match. Our lighter weights seemed to struggle the most and it cost us several matches. The "get the hell out" attitude is akin to believing the house is on fire and you will be burnt up if you can
not escape. I truly hope we see that this year.

At times it looked in the past like we invented "struggling on the bottom". If this aspect of our wrestling can be improved under David than we will be light years better. It is an attitude which was not in our arsenal. This was the one flaw under previous coaches that was never corrected. The wrestlers that struggled were always told to take the down position under the theory that we need to work on our "weakness". The time to work on the weakness is prior to the match in practice and not in the match. Our lighter weights seemed to struggle the most and it cost us several matches. The "get the hell out" attitude is akin to believing the house is on fire and you will be burnt up if you can
not escape. I truly hope we see that this year.
Plott has been a bright spot there so I give him full credit for the quote lol

The cross body ride is deadly lol. One of the few things that almost every wrestler at PSU uses, and uses it well. I don't think it's mandatory as much as it is so effective that you'd be crazy not to use it.

I've told the story about Quentin Wright on bottom against Matt Brown. Took an NCAA champ 45 minutes to get out from bottom with the entire team watching so they could go home. That'll humble anyone, and the end result produces a champion for those who suck it up and go through it. DT will tell he failed plenty of times. It's what you do with it that counts.

I've told the story about Quentin Wright on bottom against Matt Brown. Took an NCAA champ 45 minutes to get out from bottom with the entire team watching so they could go home. That'll humble anyone, and the end result produces a champion for those who suck it up and go through it. DT will tell he failed plenty of times. It's what you do with it that counts.
This was after he infamously got ridden for over 6 minutes by Steinhaus in an early season dual.

I wouldn't be shocked if DT has a Q on his Ok State roster right now. A wrestler with all the talent in the world but gets in his own head and doubts himself. If he's there, DT will find him IMO and get the most out of him.

This was after he infamously got ridden for over 6 minutes by Steinhaus in an early season dual.

I wouldn't be shocked if DT has a Q on his Ok State roster right now. A wrestler with all the talent in the world but gets in his own head and doubts himself. If he's there, DT will find him IMO and get the most out of him.
I think that was CC to be honest. Anyone who refuses to wrestle their Olympic champion head coach in practice is the very definition of being in his own head. What a shame.

Last edited:
I think that was CC to be honest.
My money is on Jordan Williams. Kid went to rideouts in the R16 with a guy who would AA with a serious injury.

Regards to CC: You have to "want it" also, Q bought into Cael's tough love coaching to the point he still alludes to his learnings from Cael to this day. Carroll clearly never wanted to be coached by DT (and apparently didn't even want to practice with him)

Anyone who refuses to wrestle their Olympic champion head coach in practice is the very definition of being in his own head. What a shame.
Carroll has never ever been dominated in his life. He did the dominating and against the top competition he always holds his own. Him and Feldman was a dead even match and he just hung in there with J'Den Cox at OTT. He knew what was coming if he went live with DT and felt his psyche would get ruined.

It's alright man, reports out of Iowa's room is another expensive one year rental is there and another could be on his way

Sorry I had to rib you here, you're one of the good ones
all good!

And I don't want to hear it! You guys picked up a transfer none of us even thought was possible (Hendrickson).

Hamiti up at 174 and a Amine that actually attacks? You guys won the transfer portal this year sir.

all good!

And I don't want to hear it! You guys picked up a transfer none of us even thought was possible (Hendrickson).

Hamiti up at 174 and an Amine that actually attacks? You guys won the transfer portal this year sir.
McScoreley is a PSU homie

They had to settle for the best class ever as a consolation for no transfers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT