ADVERTISEMENT

Daton to 125lbs?

tom_v31

2nd Team
Jan 24, 2020
Bartlesville
Rumor on twitter is that Daton is going down to 125lbs. Heard he weighed in a few pounds light against NC State. Real or is fake news?

If he was going 57kg for the Olympic trials it would make complete sense. If he does end up doing this, good for him! To hell with whatever anyone else says.

He will go 57kg for trials which is why he is weighing in under 133 and will for the remainder of the season. Keeps him closer to the weight and eases the final cut.

The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo) $

@MrPatMineo

Vito will not be suiting up for round 2 vs Crookham this weekend...

9:01 AM • 1/10/24 From Earth • 2.2K Views

My prediction has come to fruition, unfortunately. This leaves Daton as the third seed, with zero losses (so far), and wrestling on the same side of the brackets as Vito, for nationals. No matter what he will be on the opposite the #1 seed, either with Crookham or Vito. Now, I believe Fix can beat them both, so I guess he will have to put on his big boy pants and go to work. Go pokes!

Reactions: bwel9339

@MrPatMineo

My prediction has come to fruition, unfortunately. This leaves Daton as the third seed, with zero losses (so far), and wrestling on the same side of the brackets as Vito, for nationals. No matter what he will be on the opposite the #1 seed, either with Crookham or Vito. Now, I believe Fix can beat them both, so I guess he will have to put on his big boy pants and go to work. Go pokes!
They will have to wrestle at the conference tournament.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Still don't think Crookham deserves the #1 seed, he beat Vito 1 time. You have to look at the entire resume of these guys.
Yeah, I agree completely. At the time they gave him the#1 spot, the only win he had, besides Vito, this year was his teammate. And he had a couple of wins from last year. They bumped Fix to #3 without him having lost. With crookham and Vito 1 and 2. I predicted they would game it so none would wrestle each other again which would cause fix to be stuck #3 in the rankings. 👎🏻

Wouldn't you think if/when they both wrestle again and Vito wins Crookham would drop to #3 if Fix doesnt have any losses. Looking at it the other way if Crookham wins again and Fix has no losses then Vito drops to 3 with 2 losses. Either way unless Crookham or Vito has a loss before conference then Fix will likely have to wrestle one of them in the semi's.

Reactions: tom_v31

@MrPatMineo

Vito will wrestle him in the EIWA finals

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Right but either way Fix is probably 2/3 and the loser of the rematch is 2/3. Vito wins they give him back the 1. Vito loses then fix gets the 2 and Vito the 3. If they had wrestled 3 times and Vito lost all 3 maybe someone snipes the 3rd seed from him? Idk.
Vito and Daton will be in the NCAA finals it does not matter as long as they’re on opposite sides

Vito and Daton will be in the NCAA finals it does not matter as long as they’re on opposite sides
Fair, but I was just showing that it’s likely Fix gets Vito OR Crookham on his side. Unless Crookham beats Vito but then also loses to someone else, the winner of their eiwa match will probably get the 1 seed.

In 2020 there was talk that Seth Gross was weighing in light to make the cut to 57 KG more manageable. The Olympic Trials were scheduled 2 weeks after Nationals that year (and then again in 2021).

The OTTs are scheduled 4 weeks after NCAAs this year, so guys should have an easier time getting down.

Nathan Fillion Drama GIF by ABC Network

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT