ADVERTISEMENT

Daton Fix

Does he have much of a chance to beat Gilman?

Absolutely. Now Gilman is a full time senior level world medalist so he will be the favorite but Fix looked very good this past weekend and will give Gilman all he wants in a few weeks.

Absolutely. Now Gilman is a full time senior level world medalist so he will be the favorite but Fix looked very good this past weekend and will give Gilman all he wants in a few weeks.

I agree, as the defending world silver medalist, Gilman should be the favorite. I think it will be a very close series though.

We talk on here a lot about whether the college guys have shown improvement from the previous year. One thing that amazes me about Daton is how he keeps making adjustments and getting better. He always had the throw by and the inside trip. But in the last couple of years, I've seen him improve his hand fighting and head snaps, plus add several offensive attacks. His ceiling is just incredibly high.

Depends which Gilman shows up. Over confident Gilman gets smoked like a cheap cigar. Gilman with the chip on his shoulder was the second best in the world.

Man, that’s what makes the Fix vs Lee rivalry so fun to look forward to. Both are World level wrestlers. And both are so young in their careers.

Man, that’s what makes the Fix vs Lee rivalry so fun to look forward to. Both are World level wrestlers. And both are so young in their careers.

I posted over on the Iowa board that I thought Daton vs Lee is probably a toss up right now in both folk & free. I don't think it went over very well.

Ok, back to Gilman. Daton will try to make it a freestyle match and Gilman will try to make it a street fight. Think it will be similar to the Ramos matches, only more physical. Prediction - Daton wins 2 matches to 1.

lee gonna win his only title as a frosh
how sad
I agree with Micco except it could be 2-1 Fix or 2-1 Gilman. It will be close but at this point a graduated senior and world senior contender might have a slight edge due to man strength and experience. It will be fun to watch. As for Lee and Fix I give it to Fix in a FS match and Lee in a collegiate match. Lee is super tough on the mat.

Reactions: Mrgrapple
If i was a coach i would fly tony ramos in to give fix a partner that has a similar style to gilman; especially with strength and hand fighting. just like valencia having the guy from mizzou come in and be his partner to train for alex. how fix handles gilmans hand fighting will dictate the match.

Gilman is going to have the strength advantage and then the advantage of being on this stage.

Daton has no doubt wrestled in some major matches but this is the biggest FS match of his career. How he handles the nerves and if he can go out there and wrestle his style and match will be key.

If he can come out high paced and stay offensive and continue to attack he will win.

I saw a nice little segment about Daton on the Tulsa news last night. I didn't catch the beginning but what I saw was good.

Daton has been on big stages before, and should be fine. Don't know if this is more bigger though :).

Go Daton!

Fix has a big adavantage over Gilman with movement and Gilman isn’t great at moving his feet

Reactions: osu2082
Fix has ice flowing through his veins. I think he will be less nervous than Gilman, but it should be a great two matches. I thought Ramos comments were very interesting. It sounds like there is just not any weakness in Fix freestyle.

I do think that Fix is stronger in his freestyle, but seems to be a fast learner so should do well in folk after he adjusts.

Reactions: Wrassler17
If I was a betting man, I'd go with the world silver medalist over the guy who didn't place at U23's last year. But, my heart and hope are 100% Fix, and he CAN win this! Good luck Daton!

If i was a coach i would fly tony ramos in to give fix a partner that has a similar style to gilman; especially with strength and hand fighting. just like valencia having the guy from mizzou come in and be his partner to train for alex. how fix handles gilmans hand fighting will dictate the match.

During a Flo interview, Chris Perry said Nico trained with Daton a little bit recently. I took a look at his twitter to see if he said anything about it and found this. Must have been between practices. Think that's Alex laughing. :D

Reactions: Rdcldad
Lee has a National title your guy?

Lol, so no predictions before Final X? Instead you wait until it's over to come on and talk smack, including responding to a 2 week old post. Way to lay it on the line Hawkeye, ha!

Likely not. But they are good at running their collective mouths.

Good old Mitch. Such a treasure. Does your mom know you're on the computer past your bedtime?

There's no fan base that runs their mouth like you guys. Really

Glad you can gain some self esteem through this bout though. We know you need all the help you can get.

Reactions: Wrassler17
What a puss. I’m guessing <30 IQ, which still might be generous.
I thought after you lost that bet with me... you promised to stop posting about stuff you knew nothing about?

Stick to politics! Wait...never mind. You're lacking there, also.

I thought after you lost that bet with me... you promised to stop posting about stuff you knew nothing about?

Stick to politics! Wait...never mind. You're lacking there, also.
Check that, sub 25. When’s your next bombing comment coming? Shall we send your sorry ass packing, again?

Daton will wrestle Brandon Courtney on Sunday July 15th at the Fargo Dome during the Cadet and Junior Nationals. First match is scheduled for 4:30pm. This will determine the 57kg weight for the Junior World team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT