ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy Challenge

Do you mean "getting" instead of "cutting"?
I meant that if Daton doesn't accomplish an automatic qualifier for the conference at 133 then the conference could lose a wrestler at 133 that could have gone to Nationals but Daton could take his place because he wins conference. This may be right or maybe its not. In other words John is looking out for the conference wanting Daton to get 4 matches and add to the conferences allotment at 133 so we as a conference can send 1 more 133 to Nationals. Easy for me to say. Obviously with my struggles communicating this, I don't have a great grasp of this.

My big concern is the Big 12 losing 9 allocations. Getting Hone and Sheets to nationals may be an issue.

I meant that if Daton doesn't accomplish an automatic qualifier for the conference at 133 then the conference could lose a wrestler at 133 that could have gone to Nationals but Daton could take his place because he wins conference. This may be right or maybe its not. In other words John is looking out for the conference wanting Daton to get 4 matches and add to the conferences allotment at 133 so we as a conference can send 1 more 133 to Nationals. Easy for me to say. Obviously with my struggles communicating this, I don't have a great grasp of this.
Don't think that's how it works this year is it? Conference allocation have already been set based on last 5 year average at each weight. Now if Fix only had 3 total matches and got 2nd then he could be left out of NCAA.

Don't think that's how it works this year is it? Conference allocation have already been set based on last 5 year average at each weight. Now if Fix only had 3 total matches and got 2nd then he could be left out of NCAA.

Don't think that is how it works. Big 12 has I think 45 allocations. 10 champs, plus 35 others. It looks like the pre-allocations show 5 133 entries for big 12. So if fix gets 1st through 5th he would qualify. But, if he had enough matches to qualify for a ranking, the conference might pick up another allocation there.

Don't think that is how it works. Big 12 has I think 45 allocations. 10 champs, plus 35 others. It looks like the pre-allocations show 5 133 entries for big 12. So if fix gets 1st through 5th he would qualify. But, if he had enough matches to qualify for a ranking, the conference might pick up another allocation there.
It shows right there in the table Big 12 has 45. This is from the NCAA, they are not using the system from previous years as too few matches this year for rpi and qualifying weight classes.

Last edited:
What are the official times of the sessions tomorrow, I've read conflicting info. Will there be breaks or one continuous session. When should it be compete

I haven’t seen a schedule either but it’s starting at 11 and the finals start at 4 so that would pretty much make it one session. Yesterday there were brackets on trackwrestling, today there are gone. Maybe they’re changing them.

I haven’t seen a schedule either but it’s starting at 11 and the finals start at 4 so that would pretty much make it one session. Yesterday there were brackets on trackwrestling, today there are gone. Maybe they’re changing them.
Wrestler list gone as well, really hope this doesn't mean one of the teams had to cancel out for travel/etc reason.

Wrestler list gone as well, really hope this doesn't mean one of the teams had to cancel out for travel/etc reason.

If you look under OPC rather than Events, it shows the 64 wrestlers currently entered.

No one from WV is listed just yet, but things are probably still in progress.

Last edited:
He doesn’t need 4 matches tomorrow, still have the next bedlam dual plus big 12s

I just saw on okstate.com that they are not even doing a radio broadcast except for the finals at 4. The only way to follow is on Trackwrestling. That stinks.

I just saw on okstate.com that they are not even doing a radio broadcast except for the finals at 4. The only way to follow is on Trackwrestling. That stinks.
It would be nice if someone there could tape these interesting matches before the finals. Burks, Witcraft, Surber and Doucette would wrestlers I would have interest in. Also the Ferrari versus Adams match is the one everyone wants to see.

I still think this is pretty shitty that all the matches aren't being aired on ESPN+. It's going to be a long day of tracking wrestlers on TW until the finals.

125 - Jezik (OSU) vs Raschka (Mizzou)

Raschka (Mizzou) 12-7 DEC

Last edited:
184 - Jackson (OSU) vs Carman (WVU)

Carman (WVU) 15-0 TF

Last edited:
125 - Mastro (OSU) vs Surtin (Mizzou)

Surtin (Mizzou) 9-6 DEC

Last edited:
125 - Klein (OSU) vs Garcia (WYO)

Garcia (WYO) 16-0 TF

125 - Stacey (WYO) vs Burks (OSU)