ADVERTISEMENT

Carroll….

Warner, the former Iowa 197 pounder, then he went on to tech fall McFadden to win the OTT. Now he is on the Olympic ladder. He is so quick that nobody had a response to his speed and power.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Who’d he beat?
He beat Camden McDaniel in the finals. He does look strong and quick wrestling 97 KG. He went from front head lock to spinning around his opponent before he could react, also he had a long step high crotch takedown that was very quick and strong. Also 1 exposure by powering up with his opponent's leg and 2 gut wrenches for an 11 to 0 tech fall.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
McDanel should be a good one for Nebraska. Same age and classification as Carroll. He was the 2-seed while Carroll was the 4-seed. Not sure if he is looking at 197 or 285. One thing is for sure, Carroll is good at Freestyle.

I’m pumped after watching him today. He is so smart and then combined with his power and speed he could be really dangerous. Looks like he can come in and immediately compete for a podium at 197. Will see how he looks now against a step up in competition at the trials.

Is a bad man. He got a shot at being a four time champ type wrestler at heavyweight? Saw he beat five time all American who was runner up once.
This is the problem when people start talking like this about these young kids. Everyone also thought Fix would be a 4xer. CC is going to be a beast and I believe contend for a national title at some point, but saying he is going to be a 4xer is just insane

Reactions: okcpokefan12
This is the problem when people start talking like this about these young kids. Everyone also thought Fix would be a 4xer. CC is going to be a beast and I believe contend for a national title at some point, but saying he is going to be a 4xer is just insane
It’s a question…..not a statement. I just wanted to get a feel for his perceived talent level. National champion competitor or multiple time all American type talent?

Reactions: FHOSU
Not sure how anyone could've watched Carroll and not got excited?! He's a beast at freestyle obviously and hopefully that translates to Incredible success in folkstyle. He appears to have all the tools on his feet to win matches. Really looking forward to seeing his mat wrestling and scrambling next season as well as how he will look all the way down at 197.

I think mat wrestling will be his biggest challenge, but he has been working on that. When I type that we all realize he is a beast in neutral position. When Christian sets his mind to something it happens as we works really hard and has obvious talent.

He’ll probably be a big 197 too so hopefully that should help.
Size and power will help against some of the taller guys he'll see at the weight. Buchanan, Cardenas, Elam, Little, Beard look like the top guys coming back although I'm sure there will be new faces in the mix. Can definitely see Carroll right in the middle of those guys.

Not sure how anyone could've watched Carroll and not got excited?! He's a beast at freestyle obviously and hopefully that translates to Incredible success in folkstyle. He appears to have all the tools on his feet to win matches. Really looking forward to seeing his mat wrestling and scrambling next season as well as how he will look all the way down at 197.
Not only is he a physical specimen on the weight cut, he is extremely quick and coordinated.

I don't care if he's not a great mat Wrestler if he's getting 10 takedowns in a match.

The word coming out of Missouri is that Rocky Elam is going to have knee surgery & redshirt next season.

Not only is he a physical specimen on the weight cut, he is extremely quick and coordinated.

I don't care if he's not a great mat Wrestler if he's getting 10 takedowns in a match.
New rules give a takedown artist a bigger advantage.
I get this. But if he has mat issues and gets rode for mins its hard to get TDs. Taking Warner down who is stingy is really impressive though. Hoping for the best!

It’s a question…..not a statement. I just wanted to get a feel for his perceived talent level. National champion competitor or multiple time all American type talent?
Absolutely Natty Champ potential, but expecting it his first year is unrealistic IMO. 4x AA is not out of the realm of possibility

Elite of the elite don’t struggle on bottom no matter how good their top/neutral game is
I concur. Not trying to be a downer, but I don't think we've seen him in a college folkstyle match yet have we? He'll have plenty of time to work on it though.

I concur. Not trying to be a downer, but I don't think we've seen him in a college folkstyle match yet have we? He'll have plenty of time to work on it though.
My response was in regards to Chase saying he doesn’t care if he can mat wrestle if he is getting 10 TDs a match. Wasn’t a prediction just yet haha

Reactions: Howie_Fartz
Love watching the Carroll interview and I believe he’s the real deal. But I’ll play devils advocate…. Didn’t Bryce Young wrestle in a senior event and beat several senior studs before he tranferred to the pokes from northwestern? And this isn’t a shot at young at all. Just wondering if we are jumping the gun a tad when it comes to freestyle vs folk style.

Love watching the Carroll interview and I believe he’s the real deal. But I’ll play devils advocate…. Didn’t Bryce Young wrestle in a senior event and beat several senior studs before he tranferred to the pokes from northwestern? And this isn’t a shot at young at all. Just wondering if we are jumping the gun a tad when it comes to freestyle vs folk style.
You mean Carter Young?

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT