ADVERTISEMENT

Campus Indoctrination

Which part of her thesis do you disagree with or did you just have visceral reaction to "whiteness":
Whiteness means a specific power apparatus that exists at the expense of the disempowerment of black people.

To be white in the U.S. is to be a perpetuator of the power apparatus unless one actively and consistently resists.

It is possible, perhaps necessary, to acknowledge one’s personal implications in the white power apparatus.

Which part of her thesis do you disagree with or did you just have visceral reaction to "whiteness":
Sorry, but me being white does nothing to oppress any non-white person. There are racists who are white, black, brown, yellow, red, and these days probably some people who identify as cats and dragonflies as well. It's actions that create oppression, not the skin pigmentation. Lumping "whites" into "whiteness" is just dumb political base rhetoric like "income inequality."

I thought we were over skin color, but then again this is the left we're talking about. I guess that non-white victim class needs some whipping up to get them votes!

Would any of you be anything other than a white, straight male (assuming most if not all here are) in this country? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Reactions: davidallen
Would any of you be anything other than a white, straight male (assuming most if not all here are) in this country? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Do I get to choose that now too? It seems some NAACP lady who claimed to be black but was actually white caught a bunch of shit for portraying herself as black.

For the record, I'm not aware of any newly formed human being that was able to choose its skin color. I didn't get to either so I have no shame in my skin color because its my actual behavior that counts.

And as a side question, if I can choose my gender, why can't I choose my race? If I identify as black, I should be treated as though I'm black, along with the positives and the negatives that go along with the skin color. It seems that isn't acceptable for some reason...

Sorry, but me being white does nothing to oppress any non-white person. There are racists who are white, black, brown, yellow, red, and these days probably some people who identify as cats and dragonflies as well. It's actions that create oppression, not the skin pigmentation. Lumping "whites" into "whiteness" is just dumb political base rhetoric like "income inequality."

I thought we were over skin color, but then again this is the left we're talking about. I guess that non-white victim class needs some whipping up to get them votes!
I know you struggle with this, but given her definition what do you disagree with?

I did not realize I had a white privilege card until recently. After working in a Fortune 500 company for 15 years and intentionally hiring minorities over more qualified white candidates, and all the whining about White privilege, I am ready to use that damn card.

Dems have set back race relations decades....minorities are the most racist people that exist today.

I am not buying in to their BS anymore. Personal accountability, all that matters. Not feeling sorry for minorities any longer.

Reactions: Medic007
I know you struggle with this, but given her definition what do you disagree with?
Because you apparently need crayon and paint by number to be able to read with comprehension, I'll dumb it down for you...

Whiteness means a specific power apparatus that exists at the expense of the disempowerment of black people.
Sorry, but me being white does nothing to oppress any non-white person.

To be white in the U.S. is to be a perpetuator of the power apparatus unless one actively and consistently resists.
It's actions that create oppression, not the skin pigmentation.

It is possible, perhaps necessary, to acknowledge one’s personal implications in the white power apparatus.
Sorry, but me being white does nothing to oppress any non-white person.

It's actions that create oppression, not the skin pigmentation.

Last edited:
I did not realize I had a white privilege card until recently. After working in a Fortune 500 company for 15 years and intentionally hiring minorities over more qualified white candidates, and all the whining about White privilege, I am ready to use that damn card.

Dems have set back race relations decades....minorities are the most racist people that exist today.

I am not buying in to their BS anymore. Personal accountability, all that matters. Not feeling sorry for minorities any longer.
I agree. Just because these lefties feel guilty about their apparent rampant racism doesn't mean all of us white folks are like them. Their obsession with "white guilt" and "whiteness" is quite telling about their thoughts on other races. I wonder when they'll stop being condescending towards blacks in their efforts to "empower" them.

Reactions: TPOKE and OKSTATE1

Hey, cucked by Flanders. Her whole entire premise is pseudo-intellectual bullshit. It's nothing more than ideologically demoralizing a whole group of people for merely existing.

"Whiteness means a specific power apparatus that exists at the expense of the disempowerment of black people."

Yes, our whole entire culture, government, values, etc. are something that exists at the expense of the disempowerment of blacks. Yeah, it's what makes the fvckin wheels turn.

"To be white in the U.S. is to be a perpetuator of the power apparatus unless one actively and consistently resists."

Well look at that sir cucked. Your mere existence means you perpetuate the power apparatus that only exists via the disempowerment of blacks. Doesn't matter if you are dead broke, unemployed, homeless, and living at the mercy of those who put money in your cup at the street corner. You're white, you exist, that's the fvckin problem.

"It is possible, perhaps necessary, to acknowledge one’s personal implications in the white power apparatus."

See above. The poorest counties in the US are 95% white. Guess they better get hot on the acknowledgment that just existing feeds the racist white power apparatus. They need to recognize their white privilege. God only knows where the fvck they'd be without it.

I agree. Just because these lefties feel guilty about their apparent rampant racism doesn't mean all of us white folks are like them. Their obsession with "white guilt" and "whiteness" is quite telling about their thoughts on other races. I wonder when they'll stop being condescending towards blacks in their efforts to "empower" them.

It is not real guilt or something they feel. They've been demoralized and indoctrinated. They are just repeating the indoctrination without any critical thought what so ever. There's a reason critical thinking skills are no longer developed.

Serious explorations into race should focus on the problem of whiteness and be grounded in the claim that it’s a hegemonic “power apparatus,” a Fairfield University professor suggested at a recent conference aimed at pushing “radical social change” in higher education.

The "problem of whiteness" seems a lot like a social construct. Like gender.

By what provable metric is this so?

If I personally gain power, how many black people are disempowered to fuel my assent?

To what degree are they disempowered?

What should we do to reduce our whiteness and be less offensive to the less white?

Since gender is a social construct, can I solve the problem of whiteness simply by identifying as something else?

Kinda seems like a bunch of bullshit, really.

Serious explorations into race should focus on the problem of whiteness and be grounded in the claim that it’s a hegemonic “power apparatus,” a Fairfield University professor suggested at a recent conference aimed at pushing “radical social change” in higher education.

The "problem of whiteness" seems a lot like a social construct. Like gender.

By what provable metric is this so?

If I personally gain power, how many black people are disempowered to fuel my assent?

To what degree are they disempowered?

What should we do to reduce our whiteness and be less offensive to the less white?

Since gender is a social construct, can I solve the problem of whiteness simply by identifying as something else?

Kinda seems like a bunch of bullshit, really.

Or is "whiteness" really an acknowledgment of the existence of a culture they insist does not exist?

Here's campus leftism and radicalism in its purest form.

#ThanksSoros

I guess these communists don't believe in private property, private business or the individual.

Who could have came up with such a terrible idea? (And perpetuated it with gullible youngsters fortunate enough to have clean water, indoor plumbing, etc - the world's lucky ones)

Only for one of the participants. Of course the rest of us don't see the problem because of our whiteness and what not. It must be tragic that biracial folks hate themselves twice.

Lol

I'm literally waiting to see the left proclaim that even though there are zero genetic differences between races, zero genetic differences between sexes, and gender isn't decided by genetics, white people are born with racism and whiteness because those are inherent in the genetics of white people.

They came up with manmade global cooling/warming/climate change so anything is possible from them.

I'm literally waiting to see the left proclaim that even though there are zero genetic differences between races, zero genetic differences between sexes, and gender isn't decided by genetics, white people are born with racism and whiteness because those are inherent in the genetics of white people.

They came up with manmade global cooling/warming/climate change so anything is possible from them.

Fantastic. I'm sure it's just around the corner.

Does it ever make you wonder if modern progressivism (not liberalism) is a clumped together group of folks with genuine mental issues?

Fantastic. I'm sure it's just around the corner.

Does it ever make you wonder if modern progressivism (not liberalism) is a clumped together group of folks with genuine mental issues?
I don't think it's mental issues at all. The Obama sycophants literally weaponized the response to dissent against progressivism. You don't agree with the President? Racist. You're concerned with Islamic terrorism? Islamophobia. You aren't militant in your views of homosexuality? Homophobe. You don't think the pay disparity between men and women is representative of the patriarchal power system? Misogynist. And here lately, you don't think that being white is a systemic societal problem? Racist. Trump supporter regardless of reason? Nazi, fascist, white supremacist, and that even applies to Hispanics and blacks. Most recently you can't be pro-life and be a Democrat.

The evolution during the 8 years Obama was in office is undeniable. You even see the results of it in the military and federal law enforcement. If you aren't an extremist for the victim groups, you're part of the problem. I believe this has led directly to a literal brainwashing of liberals. You can see the effects in how they are unable and unwilling to criticize Democrats regardless of how egregious the issue. If you don't fall in line, you're banished to the ranks of the deplorables which is a very powerful motivator for younger people to get in and stay in line. It's like the traffic light system in the elementary school that is on perpetual red light. Uninformed and compliant in the hacked DNC email wasn't a typographical error. It's the Party dictum.

Those are my thoughts derived from watching this unfold. I never anticipated I would become so far removed from what the Democratic Party has become that I would change my voter registration after 26 years. And I even voted for a guy who I don't like and am supporting a party whose platform I generally have visceral disagreement with for the sole reason of opposing the creepy illogical rabbit hole that the Dems are exploring the uncharted depths of. The left has become just like how I've always viewed the religious right using the Bible, God, and religion to instill fear to sway and keep votes.

End of rant.

Last edited:
I don't think it's mental issues at all. The Obama sycophants literally weaponized the response to dissent against progressivism. You don't agree with the President? Racist. You're concerned with Islamic terrorism? Islamophobia. You aren't militant in your views of homosexuality? Homophobe. You don't think the pay disparity between men and women is representative of the patriarchal power system? Misogynist. And here lately, you don't think that being white is a systemic societal problem? Racist. Trump supporter regardless of reason? Nazi, fascist, white supremacist, and that even applies to Hispanics and blacks. Most recently you can't be pro-life and be a Democrat.

The evolution during the 8 years Obama was in office is undeniable. You even see the results of it in the military and federal law enforcement. If you aren't an extremist for the victim groups, you're part of the problem. I believe this has led directly to a literal brainwashing of liberals. You can see the effects in how they are unable and unwilling to criticize Democrats regardless of how egregious the issue. If you don't fall in line, you're banished to the ranks of the deplorables which is a very powerful motivator for younger people to get in and stay in line. It's like the traffic light system in the elementary school that is on perpetual red light. Uninformed and compliant in the hacked DNC email wasn't a typographical error. It's the Party dictum.

Those are my thoughts derived from watching this unfold. I never anticipated I would become so far removed from what the Democratic Party has become that I would change my voter registration after 26 years. And I even voted for a guy who I don't like and am supporting a party whose platform I generally have visceral disagreement with for the sole reason of opposing the creepy illogical rabbit hole that the Dems are exploring the uncharted depths of. The left has become just like how I've always viewed the religious right using the Bible, God, and religion to instill fear to sway and keep votes.

End of rant.

Specific and accurate observations.

It's the "literal brainwashing" you allude to and inability to identify and challenge circular logic, on issues like the genetics conundrum you mentioned further up the thread, at-odds value systems within the group (espousing to be the champions of feminists, gays & Muslims), etc, that make me genuinely question the mental faculties of some.

I won't paint the entirety of the progressive plank as retarded or suffering from some variant of psychosis, there are obvious, mouth-foaming zealots in their ranks. But that the plank projects to be so large as to run a national party implies that the number is sufficiently large to extend beyond just zealots. Lack of maturity or some mental dysfunction is all that really remain as possibilities.

This is modern progressivism, which is distinct from liberalism.

a02a4bfcd4d9f85681cb76af37b1795b.gif

Specific and accurate observations.

It's the "literal brainwashing" you allude to and inability to identify and challenge circular logic, on issues like the genetics conundrum you mentioned further up the thread, at-odds value systems within the group (espousing to be the champions of feminists, gays & Muslims), etc, that make me genuinely question the mental faculties of some.

I won't paint the entirety of the progressive plank as retarded or suffering from some variant of psychosis, there are obvious, mouth-foaming zealots in their ranks. But that the plank projects to be so large as to run a national party implies that the number is sufficiently large to extend beyond just zealots. Lack of maturity or some mental dysfunction is all that really remain as possibilities.

This is modern progressivism, which is distinct from liberalism.

a02a4bfcd4d9f85681cb76af37b1795b.gif
Although I agree with your observations, I don't agree with the cause being something like mental dysfunction. In fact, I'd say it demonstrates using people with ample mental function to attempt to lend credibility to the bullshit. It's simple classical conditioning like Pavlov's dogs. If the entirety of the progressive movement consisted of simpleton mouth breathers like us Sooner fans, they'd have a hard time selling their messaging.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Although I agree with your observations, I don't agree with the cause being something like mental dysfunction. In fact, I'd say it demonstrates using people with ample mental function to attempt to lend credibility to the bullshit. It's simple classical conditioning like Pavlov's dogs. If the entirety of the progressive movement consisted of simpleton mouth breathers like us Sooner fans, they'd have a hard time selling their messaging.

I may be saying this incorrectly or simply thinking about it incorrectly. I'm not saying a chunk of them are stupid. And maybe I'm conflating mental dysfunction with psychological dysfunction, which is what I'm intending to convey.

What I mean is that there may be a sub-population whose psychology isn't fleshed out/matured, isn't well balanced (lacks the ability to think outside of oneself), has experienced trauma, or some other existing condition that creates a situation where verbiage, virtue-signalling, the advertised advocacy of special interest groups (even in the face of circular or defunct logic) pulls those individuals into their sphere of influence or very strict line of thinking...instead of that individual actually addressing the issues they need to heal or grow from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT