ADVERTISEMENT

California Congressional Races - % of Votes Counted (Why Is It Lagging Compared To Other States)

killmnl

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2013
Date Stamp: November 7, 7:00 PM MT
Information Source: Fox News

Does anyone find it interesting that none of the California congressional district elections have more than 60% of the votes counted in these races?

Bottom line California has 52 congressional district elections who cannot get votes counted in a 24 hour window since the polls close. California with the highest per capita tax base in the United States cannot fund or find a way to complete elections in a 24 hour window. This is not a state who needs to get the Pony Express, dog sled, or runners to carry ballot results from remote areas like Alaska. Hell, even Alaska has 80 percent of its votes counted as of the date stamp.

Here something to think about
  • 4 districts have less than 30% of the vote counted
  • 13 districts have between 30 and 40% of the vote counted
  • 32 districts have between 40 and 50% of the vote counted
  • 3 districts are only greater than 50% counted.
Why is the mainline media not saying whoa, wait a minute? What the hell is Newsome and his cronies trying to pull?

I know the answer to the questions but crickets from all media outlets including Fox News!

One more thing that I find puzzling. Twelve California districts have the place called that are somewhat contested but have less than the 50% of the results reported. Have to wonder how a state election officer can be so inept carrying out his job?

Remember what Biden said? It's not about who votes, it's about who counts the vote.

Reactions: xplor58
@davidallen, why are laughing at the comments? It is not meant to be sarcasm, right? . It is meant to call out or question our totally corrupt and inept election system. Dispute it, I am not talking about Trump or the Presidential election.

I am talking about in 2022 with the level of electronic data flow, ultra high speed internet and our incredible ability to process information it takes more than 24 hours to count votes in an election. Bottom line....the only plausable reason for this is that the people processing the information to feed into the tools I mentioned are blithering idiots.

People claim any issues are the process or the mechanics are broken. Would it be wrong to test a process or the tools to make sure it works right before the election? After all we've known about this election for a couple of years. Hell we spent $16B in campaign activities. It important right? The media puts on a dog and pony show with woman dressed up and made up to look like super models. There are so many talking heads sucking up oxygen in the studio they look like zombies at the end of the night. Advertisers have spent millions to tell us what to buy for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's important to get this crap show right isn't it?

Help me understand why this is amusing to you?

@davidallen, why are laughing at the comments? It is not meant to be sarcasm, right? . It is meant to call out or question our totally corrupt and inept election system. Dispute it, I am not talking about Trump or the Presidential election.

I am talking about in 2022 with the level of electronic data flow, ultra high speed internet and our incredible ability to process information it takes more than 24 hours to count votes in an election. Bottom line....the only plausable reason for this is that the people processing the information to feed into the tools I mentioned are blithering idiots.

People claim any issues are the process or the mechanics are broken. Would it be wrong to test a process or the tools to make sure it works right before the election? After all we've known about this election for a couple of years. Hell we spent $16B in campaign activities. It important right? The media puts on a dog and pony show with woman dressed up and made up to look like super models. There are so many talking heads sucking up oxygen in the studio they look like zombies at the end of the night. Advertisers have spent millions to tell us what to buy for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's important to get this crap show right isn't it?

Help me understand why this is amusing to you?
I'm laughing because there are very basic aspects of California election law that explain this. You say you know the answer but it is apparent you haven't done any basic research.

You could start here https://sccvote.sccgov.org/vote-mail/how-your-vote-counted

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: squeak
I'm laughing because there are very basic aspects of California election law that explain this. You say you know the answer but it is apparent you haven't done any basic research.

You could start here https://sccvote.sccgov.org/vote-mail/how-your-vote-counted

I stand corrected, but after reviewing the California Elections Code, I still wonder how the media can call an election with the vote process still pending final review?

Reactions: davidallen
Statistics.

Don't think so...my gut says exit polling and we all know how sound that might be. But at the same time, the call is probably right just not real comfortable to accuracy magitude especially when talking heads try to spin things about election gains and failures.

My biggest pet peeve with elections is the press (both sides). gets too far into things to spin it for conversations down the road.

Reactions: davidallen
Don't think so...my gut says exit polling and we all know how sound that might be. But at the same time, the call is probably right just not real comfortable to accuracy magitude especially when talking heads try to spin things about election gains and failures.

My biggest pet peeve with elections is the press (both sides). gets too far into things to spin it for conversations down the road.
I was amazed at the lack of understanding people had in 2020 as it relates to "called" elections. Pundits make "calls" - there is nothing official about them and there are some great examples of bad "calls". In any case, exit polls and statistical analysis are what I would be using if I were to make a "call".

The difficult thing for people to understand in California and Oregon (else where too I am sure) is that you really don't know what the denominator is until the timer expires (7 days after election day in California). At that point you at least know how many votes remain to be counted.

I was amazed at the lack of understanding people had in 2020 as it relates to "called" elections. Pundits make "calls" - there is nothing official about them and there are some great examples of bad "calls". In any case, exit polls and statistical analysis are what I would be using if I were to make a "call".

The difficult thing for people to understand in California and Oregon (else where too I am sure) is that you really don't know what the denominator is until the timer expires (7 days after election day in California). At that point you at least know how many votes remain to be counted.
That’s such a great explanation on how all the voting in 2020 was on the up and up. Thank you, @davidallen, for all the clarification you regularly bring to the board.

Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT