ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Johnstone Asks The Question She’s Not Supposed To Ask

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
For me this is the money quote from her article: “People should absolutely be allowed to say things which disagree with the most powerful empire in history about a war. They should even be allowed to say brazenly false things about that war, because otherwise only the powerful will be allowed to say brazenly false things about it.” The whole article is worth a read.

Reactions: AC2020
You should be banned for posting about Ukraine or Putin for a minimum 5 years.

It's just one drip of disingenuous, Russian propaganda BS after another.
I don't think of it as Russian propaganda, but it certainly runs counter to the propaganda being fed to us daily by our own security state via the MSM. It sounds as if you believe alternative voices should be censored. Is that your take when Twitter censors conservative/right-wing opinions with which it disagrees?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
If you don't understand that the only things you are allowed to see in the war in ukraine is propoganda from both sides then you are who the propaganda is targeting.

We know Russia throws out propaganda and sadly we know the US media does the same so who do you believe? I'll go with neither. IMO both sides in this are the bad guy, including the US. For some reason the powers that be wanted to push Putin into a corner and he did what all dictators do.

We know Russia throws out propaganda and sadly we know the US media does the same so who do you believe? I'll go with neither. IMO both sides in this are the bad guy, including the US. For some reason the powers that be wanted to push Putin into a corner and he did what all dictators do.
We have a winner. Give this man a cigar.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/us-weapons-ukraine-intelligence/index.html

We are now in the process of shipping tons of weaponry to Ukraine with no ability to track where it goes. This has bit us many times before. I would predict it will bite us again.

We have a winner. Give this man a cigar.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/us-weapons-ukraine-intelligence/index.html

We are now in the process of shipping tons of weaponry to Ukraine with no ability to track where it goes. This has bit us many times before. I would predict it will bite us again.
Why would the NeoCons care where the arms go? No matter what it will prolong the war, make their friends in the weapons industry even richer and put their goal of total world dominance that much closer.

Why would the NeoCons care where the arms go? No matter what it will prolong the war, make their friends in the weapons industry even richer and put their goal of total world dominance that much closer.
Honestly I don't care about the NeoCons. They are not as powerful as a group as they used to be under the Bush administrations. They still have thier talking heads but thier support has been significantly weakened by Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am more concerned about American citizens and military members put at risk by our own weapons that they paid for. We have a poor track record of continued support to people fighting our proxy wars. They have this uncanny ability of ending up hating the US and CIA is batting .001 on its success rates. Its batting around .745 in getting our friends to turn against though. I guess you have to be good at something. If just one of these weapons kills an American later will it have been worth it? For some yes for others no. My question for people rooting for these weapons to show up im Ukraine is this. How many Americans have to die to get you in the - it wasnt worth it - category?

Honestly I don't care about the NeoCons. They are not as powerful as a group as they used to be under the Bush administrations. They still have thier talking heads but thier support has been significantly weakened by Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am more concerned about American citizens and military members put at risk by our own weapons that they paid for. We have a poor track record of continued support to people fighting our proxy wars. They have this uncanny ability of ending up hating the US and CIA is batting .001 on its success rates. Its batting around .745 in getting our friends to turn against though. I guess you have to be good at something. If just one of these weapons kills an American later will it have been worth it? For some yes for others no. My question for people rooting for these weapons to show up im Ukraine is this. How many Americans have to die to get you in the - it wasnt worth it - category?
You and I agree on many, many things. But we are about as far apart as we could be in our understanding of the power the NeoCons have over American foreign policy.

You and I agree on many, many things. But we are about as far apart as we could be in our understanding of the power the NeoCons have over American foreign policy.
Well we have our disagreements.

I wouldn't even call them neo cons anymore. These are military industrial complex supporters that don't care which side.of the aisle you are on. Conservativism isn't thier cup of tea. Bush sr was Reagan's vp to placate these guys. Conservatives would have flocked to Reagan regardless. The Bush dynasty was never about Conservative ideas. How about we rename them MIC groupies, then thier power base will reflect what they realy are and we can agree on thier size and strength. But I still think they were weakened by Trump, see Cheney and her true colors. How much control over Republicans they will have in the future is heavily in doubt. They are rich though and are waiting in the wings to pounce. Beware of the MIC groupies.

Reactions: Alpha Woke
For me this is the money quote from her article: “People should absolutely be allowed to say things which disagree with the most powerful empire in history about a war. They should even be allowed to say brazenly false things about that war, because otherwise only the powerful will be allowed to say brazenly false things about it.” The whole article is worth a read.

🤣🤣

I see @Ponca Dan is still trying his hardest to defend Putin and Putin's war on this board. Some things never change.

"They should even be allowed to say brazenly false things..."

And Dan cheers such a statement.🙄

You seriously need help Dan. You have essentially become like @Corndog2021 on this board. That isn't a compliment btw.

• Haha
Well we have our disagreements.

I wouldn't even call them neo cons anymore. These are military industrial complex supporters that don't care which side.of the aisle you are on. Conservativism isn't thier cup of tea. Bush sr was Reagan's vp to placate these guys. Conservatives would have flocked to Reagan regardless. The Bush dynasty was never about Conservative ideas. How about we rename them MIC groupies, then thier power base will reflect what they realy are and we can agree on thier size and strength. But I still think they were weakened by Trump, see Cheney and her true colors. How much control over Republicans they will have in the future is heavily in doubt. They are rich though and are waiting in the wings to pounce. Beware of the MIC groupies.

Reagan exploded the national debt. He put us on the path to trillions in deficits. So much bullsh!t from the right about that guy lol.

Own his faults…they were big. Importantly bad big.

Reagan exploded the national debt. He put us on the path to trillions in deficits. So much bullsh!t from the right about that guy lol.

Own his faults…they were big. Importantly bad big.
Lol just the thought of a Reagan drives you mad.

That spending you are so upset about ended the cold war.

You should have led with Iran Contra. Reagan knew about it, and as a fault he didn't have control of the MIC. Ergo Bush. I am speculating but Bush was more likely the one to be heavily involved with his cia background. The dems went after the wrong person. But I do think Reagan knew and didn't turn it off.

Oh and he liked jellybeans, I'm not a big fan of jellybeans. That is about the only fault I can find. I'm sure there are some more mistakes but as whole Reagan was a Presidential model for most presidents and definitely for the last 50 years. My favorite president was Washington and he made plenty of mistakes.

The bull and but hurt from the left about Reagan far exceeds the rights glorification of the man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT