ADVERTISEMENT

Question For @Syskatine

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
You say that even though you feel no personal responsibility to go to Ukraine and fight their fight alongside them against the psychopathic murderous dictator of Russia, you do think the US taxpayer should foot the bill. After all, in the words of Adam Schiff, we can pay Ukrainians to fight them and die over there so we won’t have to fight them here. My question for you is what’s your top dollar? In less than one year the US has pledged to donate around $54 billion. That does not seem to be enough, the war is ongoing. What’s the limit for @Syskatine? I can’t get you to say why you think Putin has started this war or what you think is his long term goal beyond your contention he is a sociopathic madman with hints you think he wants to own the entire free world. So, okay, you don’t want to go on that record. Would you tell me how many American taxpayer dollars you are wanting to spend to achieve your goal of stopping Putin in Ukraine? Do you have a limit? Is there a point at which you decide enough is enough, the US is about to collapse under the expensive weight of our proxy war, it’s time to cut bait? We spent 20 years and over $1 trillion in Afghanistan. Should we do the same with Ukraine? Surely this is a topic on which you have given a lot of thought. I’m curious to know at what point do you think it would be time to take our ball and go home.

You say that even though you feel no personal responsibility to go to Ukraine and fight their fight alongside them against the psychopathic murderous dictator of Russia, you do think the US taxpayer should foot the bill. After all, in the words of Adam Schiff, we can pay Ukrainians to fight them and die over there so we won’t have to fight them here. My question for you is what’s your top dollar? In less than one year the US has pledged to donate around $54 billion. That does not seem to be enough, the war is ongoing. What’s the limit for @Syskatine? I can’t get you to say why you think Putin has started this war or what you think is his long term goal beyond your contention he is a sociopathic madman with hints you think he wants to own the entire free world. So, okay, you don’t want to go on that record. Would you tell me how many American taxpayer dollars you are wanting to spend to achieve your goal of stopping Putin in Ukraine? Do you have a limit? Is there a point at which you decide enough is enough, the US is about to collapse under the expensive weight of our proxy war, it’s time to cut bait? We spent 20 years and over $1 trillion in Afghanistan. Should we do the same with Ukraine? Surely this is a topic on which you have given a lot of thought. I’m curious to know at what point do you think it would be time to take our ball and go home.
89 billion.

Yes.

189 billion.

Russia is a nation of slaves. I personally think he needs stopped.

89 billion.

Yes.

189 billion.

Russia is a nation of slaves. I personally think he needs stopped.

And yet you don’t think you should be one whose life should be sacrificed in order to stop him? Reminds me of John Bolton, warmonger extraordinaire, who as a young man was 100% for the war in VietNam, but didn’t think it would be right for anyone to expect him to die in a ricepaddy.

And yet you don’t think you should be one whose life should be sacrificed in order to stop him? Reminds me of John Bolton, warmonger extraordinaire, who as a young man was 100% for the war in VietNam, but didn’t think it would be right for anyone to expect him to die in a ricepaddy.
I personally wouldn't have sent americans to Vietnam I personally wouldn't send americans to die in Ukraine, either. But arming them and giving them a fair chance if they have the spine to fight is a different analysis. We've done that going back to Lend-lease programs.

Most Americans intuitively understand the distinction between arming a country to defend itself against aggressors and going to war themselves. Maybe you should meditate on that distinction, it appears lost on you.

Honest question: do you get your news from any source other than Twitter?
Yes.

I apologize that Putin has lost and Ukraine and vicariously, the U.S., has won. It's okay for bad people to lose sometimes. LOL damn dude, you're just miserable that the good guys won.

Yes.

I apologize that Putin has lost and Ukraine and vicariously, the U.S., has won. It's okay for bad people to lose sometimes. LOL damn dude, you're just miserable that the good guys won.
I asked you the other day if you are claiming Ukraine has won the war and you said no. Now you're saying they won. Which is it? Did Ukraine win the war?

I asked you the other day if you are claiming Ukraine has won the war and you said no. Now you're saying they won. Which is it? Did Ukraine win the war?
Ukraine has militarily won up to this point. Russia has lost militarily at this point. If Russia decides to drop nukes on Kiev, then I suppose Russia will have militarily won, but it would be a pyrrhic victory.

Everyone loses with war, though, don't they Dan? The MIC is the big winner, Dan. But the MIC isn't as repressive and dangerous to world order as Vladimir Putin right now. Once this threat is over I hope we can reign in the MIC and agree again on a course of peace and stability, but right now their expensive gadgets have come in pretty handy to repel a communist authoritarian.

Ukraine has militarily won up to this point. Russia has lost militarily at this point. If Russia decides to drop nukes on Kiev, then I suppose Russia will have militarily won, but it would be a pyrrhic victory.

Everyone loses with war, though, don't they Dan? The MIC is the big winner, Dan. But the MIC isn't as repressive and dangerous to world order as Vladimir Putin right now. Once this threat is over I hope we can reign in the MIC and agree again on a course of peace and stability, but right now their expensive gadgets have come in pretty handy to repel a communist authoritarian.
I think you are overly optimstic. Russia has gained control of about 20% of Ukrainian territory. That's the territory Russia initally said it wanted to capture and turn over to the Russian speaking residents. Ukraine's counter offensive has recaptured roughly 1-5% of the territory back, and has pretty much stalled. IMO you are in error to believe Ukraine has militarily won up to this point. Unless when you say "militarily won" you mean Kiev hasn't fallen. I'm not sure capturing Kiev was ever a goal of the special military operation. Russia is in the process of establishing (in its mind) a right to turn this into a full scale war. Let's pray that doesn't happen. Otherwise you may discover that you're being drafted into active duty go protect the country you only want to throw money at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT