ADVERTISEMENT

Breyer to Retire

Tulsaaggieson

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2010
Stillwater
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...e-court-paving-way-biden-appointment-n1288042

White House press secretary Jen Psaki tweeted a statement on Wednesday, saying, "It has always been the decision of any Supreme Court Justice if and when they decide to retire, and how they want to announce it, and that remains the case today."

Except this time they pressured him to retire while there is a Democrat in office and they have a one vote lead in the senate.

This one is going to be interesting. How far left will Biden go, and how young?

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Better get that nomination done quick or Republicans will have a voice.

is she the most qualified based on merit? I don’t know her.
I went through some of her case decisions. While I would call her left she seemed moderate compared to many. Clerked for Breyer, Harvard law, yada yada. All fairly standard really. I would call her a safe choice at this time, but if she is the nominee, I'm sure someone will come up with something. I would assume she would be approved by the Senate, without too much fuss. The one thing I don't like is that she serves on the DC court of appeals, and was on the DC district court. Not a court I have been very happy with, but not a show stopper.

Reactions: CowboyJD
The left will totally put Hillary in there:

1. It was her job to finish us off and ring in the great reset- imagine her in charge when they scared the sheep with the corona upper respiratory virus-
We'd still be locked down. Hey NEVER thought she'd lose- they had that one stolen just like the last 20 years.

2. They will put her in bc they can. They put
in a Kenya born gay pres who married his college Roomie Michael and with the corrupt press-Got it done. They stole 2020 and inserted a demented circus monkey- bc they could. Don't think Hillary doesn't have a great
Chance to get in there as the people have shown they will tolerate WAY TOO FRIGGIN MUCH.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
This was posted five days ago...

But it says a lot that Justice Breyer distrusts the ability of Biden to choose a quality replacement so much that even at 80+ years old and with no expectation of Democratic Senate control after 2022, he still won't retire.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

So does it still say a lot???

We do need another liberal leaning Justice to replace Breyer to keep the court somewhat balanced but one that is not like the two Obama Justices that are just there to rubber stamp the leftist position. We know how those two will vote before the case is ever heard and IMO that's a problem. Other than Thomas being a strict conservative we never know how the other Justices will vote.

Nope.

Elections have consequences. Biden has every right to nominate whoever he wants to.

Of course, Biden can nominate whoever he wishes but the Senate must consent. Interesting you don't have a problem with what would amount to a judicial activist on the bench.

We do need another liberal leaning Justice to replace Breyer to keep the court somewhat balanced but one that is not like the two Obama Justices that are just there to rubber stamp the leftist position. We know how those two will vote before the case is ever heard and IMO that's a problem. Other than Thomas being a strict conservative we never know how the other Justices will vote.
Really? Another leftist justice? Wow.

I'm not an authoritarian, I'm a huge believer in the diversity of thought.
Let's say you're right and needing a little diversity. Already You have one true great justice for the conservatives.

Hell other than Thomas the rest so called "conservatives" you never know which way they are going to vote- it's a big ole joke.

Besides they are not there to be right or left leaning- they are there to make sure Laws are followed - not make decisions from the bench for the president who put them there.

With his announcement I'd say dims think they will not have the senate after
This year. Not that I really care there's enough squishes to keep "liberal" leftist policy going for awhile but just a thought.

Of course, Biden can nominate whoever he wishes but the Senate must consent. Interesting you don't have a problem with what would amount to a judicial activist on the bench.
Judicial activism exists on both sides when it comes to the bench nowadays.

But yes, Biden can nominate whoever he wishes, just as Trump nominated whoever he wished. I'm sorry you don't want Biden to have this authority (when you welcomed it with Trump). Take it up with the Constitution though.

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT