ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 12 SEEDS

Howie_Fartz

Commitment
Silver Member
Jan 30, 2024
Can't help myself lol. We're gonna blow out OU so why not?

Spratley gets the 1 and most likely we see a Spratley/ Volk semi.... A tough match but Spratley just keeps improving.

Daton gets the 1 and I see a Fix/ Moore semi if Moore is healthy. He's dangerous (nearly upset Vito) but Daton will win another B12 title.

Tagen's seed is up in the air. I think he gets the 1 or the 3. If he gets the 1 he makes the finals no problem. If hes on the bottom he gets Happel or Echemendia in the semis.

If Jordan beats Mcdougald he gets the 4. Looking at a Williams/ swiderski semi.

Teague should get the 4 and will most likely have a rematch w/ Mauller in the quartrs. With a win there he'll have Zerban in the semis and I think he makes the finals.

Izzy gets the 4 most liely and will have O'toole in the semis.

Brayden looking at the 5 seed. Will get a rematch w/ Gaitan in the quarters (I'll take Brayden!) and will have Devos in the semis.

Plott gets the 2 and will most likely have Feldkamp in the semis. Plott cruises to the finals.

Surber gets the 4 or 5 and is looking at Bockman in the quarters either way. Luke on to the semis where he faces Sloan.

Doucet gets the 4 seed and is probably going to have Heinselman in the quarters and Hendrickson in the semis.

This literally puts every Cowboy in the semis! How fun will Saturday night be??!! Cowboys back on top and B12 CHAMPS!

Lets hear your thoughts and predictions! How many make the finals?

I think Spratley, Fix, Jamison, and Plott in finals.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Travis or Olejnik make it
Tickled if Williams or Thompson make it
Don’t hold much hope for Surber or Doucet to make finals but you never know.

Teague should get the 4 and will most likely have a rematch w/ Mauller in the quartrs. With a win there he'll have Zerban in the semis and I think he makes the finals.
If Downey can beat Mauller then I have him at 3. Doesn’t change much but just saying. I guess if Mauller wins you could argue him at the 2 but probably a stretch.

Doucet won’t sniff the semis but let’s hold out hope he gets back to 5th in consi because it will matter for points.

Idk how Jamison is not the 2 seed. He has a win over echimendia and a loss to happel.
Happel is 1-1 vs echimendia so he should be the 1 barring any losses

Reactions: tom_v31
Idk how Jamison is not the 2 seed. He has a win over echimendia and a loss to happel.
Happel is 1-1 vs echimendia so he should be the 1 barring any losses
Echemendia with the most recent win against Happel. Either way if he's on the bottom Tagen will have a tough semi.

I would be really surprised if Olejnik made the finals because he would have to beat Carr or O'Toole. He is very good, but they are great.

I would be really surprised if Olejnik made the finals because he would have to beat Carr or O'Toole. He is very good, but they are great.
I know Carr and O’Toole are both bada$$’s but I watched Isaak in Vegas and he’s capable of pulling off an upset. I’m a huge fan of his so it could be orange colored glasses. I also think adding his work ethic to the room was likely a big impact on the young guys.

I know Carr and O’Toole are both bada$$’s but I watched Isaak in Vegas and he’s capable of pulling off an upset. I’m a huge fan of his so it could be orange colored glasses. I also think adding his work ethic to the room was likely a big impact on the young guys.
It is doable and I say never, ever apologize for orange tinted glasses again. Wear them with dignity.

Reactions: bwel9339
After yesterday's matches we could now see Jordan at the 5 or the 6 seed. If he's the 5 he's looking at Mcdougal in the quarters and Swiderski semi so not much change. if hes the 6 he's looking at Logan Gioffre in the quarters and a Watters semi. If hes the 7 you swap those last 2.

I had Thompson projected as the 5 seed. He most likely moves to the 6 or 7 and is looking at a Mocco or Sax quarter and the other in the semis. Sax has only has 3 losses but 2 of which were to Picklo and he has a win over Picklo. No strong wins really. Thompson might be better off here if he can fix his weight management issues?

Should know today hopefully. Best case scenario, Spratley, Fix, Jamison all get the 1 seed. Plott the 2, Teague and BT the 3, Izzy the 4, Jw, Surber and Doucet the 5.

John was pretty pissed on the coaches show about Spratley getting the 2. Overall the brackets arent to bad imo and the byes look pretty fair. Looking forward to Tulsa!

Little deeper dive on the first 5 weights..

125- Spratley the 2 seed w/ a bye and will most likely have Strickenberger WVU round 2. Hasnt wrestled him before. Strick has a good win over Poulin but thats about it. Has some not so great losses. Then Troy has Poulin, another guy he hasnt seen. Poulins rankings have been all over the place. His best win is Volk who beat Spratley early in the season. Both these guys are solid so no easy matches for Troy. He can make the finals but he better be ready to go from the start. He will see the winner of Surtin/Volk. Surtin beat Volk earlier this year in SV. This weight is a lot like NCAAs will be. Whoever comes to wrestle and gets those TDs will win.

133- Daton the 1 seed gonna roll.

141- Tagen the 2 seed has a sooner first match. Its the same kid that slammed his knee into Tagen's elbow in the first bedlam. As long as theres no dirty wrestling Tagen cruises to the semis where he'll see the winner of Edmond and Happel. Edmond beat Happel recently so its up in the air who Tagen will see. Either way I like Jamison. If he doesn't win his semi, he will see the loser of Carlson/Titus in the consi-semis. He'll almost surely see Echemendia in the finals who will need to get by Carlson or Titus. Look for Jamison to be more offensive and win his first B12 title!

149- Jordan the 4 seed gets a bye first round, He then most like faces Martin from SDSU who is solid but JW pinned in the dual. He'll see the 1 seed Swiderski. They havent wrestled as it was Alvarez who got the call against ISU and Swiderski handled him. Swiderski is the favorite here on paper but if JW is wrestling well anything can happen. IF Jordan makes the finals he most likely sees the winner of Watters/Mcdougal. If JW loses in the semis I predict he sees Willochell from WYO in the consi semis who JW beat 13-11 in the dual but could be Peterson from NDSU.

157- Teague the 3 seed. Should get bonus 1st round against Cal Bap kid. He will then have Swenson from SDSU who Teague beat in SV1 in the dual. In the semis he's looking at Downey from UNI who beat Teague 4-1 in the dual. TT was in a few times in that match but couldnt finish. Needs to find a way to get it done here. If he wins hes looking at Mauller/Chittum/Zerban in the finals. I'm leaning Chittum here if he's healthy and think Teague can go with any of them. If Teague doesn't make the finals he's looking at the loser of Mauller/Chittum in the consi semis.

Should know today hopefully. Best case scenario, Spratley, Fix, Jamison all get the 1 seed. Plott the 2, Teague and BT the 3, Izzy the 4, Jw, Surber and Doucet the 5.
Just based on seeds alone with no points projected but only by total # of seeds for each team and no bonus points OK State has the low number based on seeding for each team at each weight.
1. OK State 33
2. Iowa st. 34
3. Missouri 45
tie S Dakota st.45
5. N Iowa 53
6.OU. 64
7. W. Va. 65
8. N. Colorado 70
9. Air Force 75
10. Wyoming 77
11. Utah Valley 83
11. N, Dakota St. 83
13. Cal Baptist 88
This would be the rankings based on seeds alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT