ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12’s.

Do you think Kenny G or Josh Holiday care about getting big time transfers or using NIL if needed? That is how softball is in OKC every year.
NIL. Start paying for proven wrestlers. Only path I see at the current time. John is loyal to his wrestlers and to the sport, so I don’t see him going scorched earth on poaching and paying. Penn State has RBY that was ready to leave but came back. Dean was at Cornell. Kerkvliet was at 2 or 3 other schools. 2-3 million per year(possibly less, I’m not sure what the going rate is for stud wrestlers) and we’d be right back up to the top again.

Carr got OW. John Smith should have gotten Coach of the Year instead of Brian Smith because at mid-season we looked like we would struggle to be in the top 6.

Carr got OW. John Smith should have gotten Coach of the Year instead of Brian Smith because at mid-season we looked like we would struggle to be in the top 6.
Agreed - better coaching job by OSU by FAR.
Can you imagine if OSU went 1/6 in the Finals like Missouri?? With guys like Mauller & O’Toole?

OSU was picked ahead of Mizzou in the preseason rankings. Mizzou wins the conference ship. Almost automatic Mizzou coach gets COTY whether deserved or not.

OSU was picked ahead of Mizzou in the preseason rankings. Mizzou wins the conference ship. Almost automatic Mizzou coach gets COTY whether deserved or not.
Can make a case for Fix. All majors or better. Carr had tight semi. He’s great though.

Can make a case for Fix. All majors or better. Carr had tight semi. He’s great though.
OW is BS!

Fix outscored Carr. What is the criteria? Fix was more important to his team and their placement than any other Wrestler.

How was the crowd in Tulsa? Looked a little thin on TV for the finals maybe because the 8 o’clock start

Yeah on a Sunday night. Gfeller didn’t take the mat until after 10pm
Crowd was pretty light. 8:00 start really sucked and many OSU fans didn't make the trip. The Tulsa event needs an OSU team capable of winning of the title.

Reactions: bwel9339
I’m sure there would be a line around the block up in Fargo, ND
Something needs to be done similar to the big 10 where they go to campus sites and have the third place matches at the same time as the finals that is much more convenient for the fans who do attend

I believe that the Big 12 tourney should always be in Tulsa ala, Baseball College World series in Omaha. While we're at it, I think the NCAA should always be in Tulsa as well. We're right in the middle of the country therefore, the most convenient for the most wrestling fans.

I was just started watching the Big 12 replay and after seeing Plott's throw to avoid the take down at the beginning of the match from the other angle and I immediately thought of Johnny Thompson using a very similar move against Ryan Lewis in one of their NCAA finals. It didn't work out quit as well for Dustin as Johnny got the Take down and backs: look at 1:25

Reactions: PawhuskaPoke
I believe that the Big 12 tourney should always be in Tulsa ala, Baseball College World series in Omaha. While we're at it, I think the NCAA should always be in Tulsa as well. We're right in the middle of the country therefore, the most convenient for the most wrestling fans.
While centrally located, it is an expensive place to fly.

Then do OKC!
OKC is equally expensive to fly into- I am not sure why, but every time I plan to visit(including random non holiday or event times), the flights are expensive. Maybe going from two non hub airports, but OK flights are much more than St. Louis, or other locations that have hosted the tournament. Hoping Tulsa will do a better job with all the other things surrounding the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT