ADVERTISEMENT

Biden brings back individual mandate and paves the way for Medicare for all

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
According to the Biden administration

In his new plan released on Monday, Biden proposes adding a “Medicare-like” public option that would serve as an option for consumers to receive health insurance. Americans would also be able to choose their own private insurance and would now only spend a lower income rate to obtain it.

Biden campaign officials say the health care plan serves as a transitional piece of legislation that could pave the path to a Medicare-for-All single payer system in the future.

According to the Biden administration

In his new plan released on Monday, Biden proposes adding a “Medicare-like” public option that would serve as an option for consumers to receive health insurance. Americans would also be able to choose their own private insurance and would now only spend a lower income rate to obtain it.

Biden campaign officials say the health care plan serves as a transitional piece of legislation that could pave the path to a Medicare-for-All single payer system in the future.

Great, we'll owe China loaned money until when...2055?
What a cluster.

Where we headed - new world order/great reset. Many videos - here's a fairly short one. It quotes build back better.

My parents have Medicare and a supplement and they pay a lot out of pocket and neither is employed.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
It has been proposed for farm land recently.

That was the government buying the land at fair market value from willing buyers. That's much different than eliminating private property rights. Private property rights are specifically protected in the fifth amendment.

Co-pays and other out of pocket.

Why do they have co-pays with a Medicare Supplement? If they have a plan F they should have zero co-pays, with the others co-pays should be minimal.
One thing I ran into in the ten years I was involved in the Senior Insurance market was healthcare providers sending bills to patients that the patients did not owe. It normally involved a claims error by the healthcare provider, instead of looking to fix the claim they just sent the bill to the patient. I did run into a few cases where healthcare providers sent bills knowing that people would pay them without question. I can't prove they did it intentionally but it sure seemed that way to me.

Why do they have co-pays with a Medicare Supplement? If they have a plan F they should have zero co-pays, with the others co-pays should be minimal.
One thing I ran into in the ten years I was involved in the Senior Insurance market was healthcare providers sending bills to patients that the patients did not owe. It normally involved a claims error by the healthcare provider, instead of looking to fix the claim they just sent the bill to the patient. I did run into a few cases where healthcare providers sent bills knowing that people would pay them without question. I can't prove they did it intentionally but it sure seemed that way to me.
I have no idea. For example, though, my dad had a heart attack in September and he’s been going to rehab. He said he pays $35 per visit. He also needs an epi pin and they said it will cost him $500. I said there’s no way. He insists. I told him just to stop paying and wait to make sure he’s not paying something while it’s going through insurance. I told him when the balance is high enough and they threaten collections, tell them your situation and offer to pay a small portion and ask them to forgive the rest.

I have no idea. For example, though, my dad had a heart attack in September and he’s been going to rehab. He said he pays $35 per visit. He also needs an epi pin and they said it will cost him $500. I said there’s no way. He insists. I told him just to stop paying and wait to make sure he’s not paying something while it’s going through insurance. I told him when the balance is high enough and they threaten collections, tell them your situation and offer to pay a small portion and ask them to forgive the rest.

What Med Supp do they have? Or are they on a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost for Rehab services, their Medicare Supplement picks up the other 20%. They should not have a $35 copay if they have Medicare and Medicare Supplements.

The epi pen will be covered under Medicare Part D and the co-payment will depend on which Medicare Plan D they have. I would suggest going to www.medicare.gov and inputting your parents medications to find the least expensive total annual out of pocket plan.

Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT