ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul....

I loved the Mike/Nacho convo. Loved how perfectly frank Mike was when compared to how Jimmy handles being confronted. The actor playing Nacho is really underrated IMO.

Reactions: Been Jammin
This is turning out to be a great show.
I'll watch anything and everything they ever decide to put out in this universe.

Good decision. And it's been great right from the beginning. BTW, it's been renewed for season 3 (no surprise obviously, but hadn't seen it mentioned).

Best epside of any tv show in years.

Pretty sure Rhea Seehorn locked up an Emmy in this episode. Her takedown of Chuck was so good.

The whole episode reminded me of when Walter White didn't think he was hurting anyone by what he was doing. He didnt realize the unintended consequences of his actions. Like getting a good samaratin killed or Chuck and the counter.

Also had the most riveting bank regulatory meeting ever.

Not only is the show great but the degree of difficulty is out of this world. It is outstanding even though we know exactly where all these characters are headed.

Wow, someone has too much time on their hands, but THAT IS AWESOME.

No, THIS is too much time on your hands. I was searching for a clip from last week's episode and stumbled upon it. Wow....

"When first watching this episode, Chuck falls down and I kept replaying it because it was oddly satisfying. By complete chance, I decided that it would be cool to use the sound of him falling for a music track. This is the result and I hope you enjoy!"

No offense, but I'd give the writers more credit for Chuck's takedown than Ms. Seehorn. There were more delicious moments in that one episode than most tv shows have in several seasons.

Mrs. AB thought there must be a game on because of all the clapping and some idiot yelling, "YEAH, baby!!"

No, THIS is too much time on your hands. I was searching for a clip from last week's episode and stumbled upon it. Wow....

"When first watching this episode, Chuck falls down and I kept replaying it because it was oddly satisfying. By complete chance, I decided that it would be cool to use the sound of him falling for a music track. This is the result and I hope you enjoy!"

If I had any idea how to put together something like that, I think I would have the head slap the table on the beat of the song. I don't think they ever "hit" the beat. I will admit to laughing, however.

"It's your word against mine..."

So. Who the hell left the "DON'T" message for Mike?

The Talking Saul show afterward had some good interviews with various actors and had Jonathon Banks and the two producers live on the panel.

The fans who responded to several polling questions think the windshield note was left by a Breaking Bad character whose name I didn't catch because I never watched the series.

Great weapon choice by Mike. I've got the same setup but with a fluted barrel. It will make you think you're a world-class shootist -- at least during the one-and-a-quarter second or so it takes to send 168 grains of .308 boat tail hollow point down range one klick.

Last edited:
"It's your word against mine..."

So. Who the hell left the "DON'T" message for Mike?

The Talking Saul show afterward had some good interviews with various actors and had Jonathon Banks and the two producers live on the panel.

The fans who responded to several polling questions think the windshield note was left by a Breaking Bad character whose name I didn't catch because I never watched the series.

Great weapon choice by Mike. I've got the same setup but with a fluted barrel. It will make you think you're a world-class shootist -- at least during the one-and-a-quarter second or so it takes to send 168 grains of .308 boat tail hollow point down range one klick.

The "don't" note was definitely left by Gus Fring. He was a fantastic character from Breaking Bad. Mike and Saul (Jimmy) worked for him when Walter White first met the two of them. Gus was a criminal mastermind who has a huge ax to grind with the cartel (the Salamancas).

Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper
The "don't" note was definitely left by Gus Fring. He was a fantastic character from Breaking Bad. Mike and Saul (Jimmy) worked for him when Walter White first met the two of them. Gus was a criminal mastermind who has a huge ax to grind with the cartel (the Salamancas).

Yeah definitely had to be Gus.

Chuck.....you could see that coming a mile away. I was hoping the fall would kill him. What an amazing prick but I guess when everyone you love in your life loves your shady brother better that can build some resentment.

Yeah definitely had to be Gus.

Chuck.....you could see that coming a mile away. I was hoping the fall would kill him. What an amazing prick but I guess when everyone you love in your life loves your shady brother better that can build some resentment.
I don't see how there can be a "definitely" answer to this question, given that said character hasn't even set foot on the show. Maybe it was, but it's intended to be a mystery.

I don't see how there can be a "definitely" answer to this question, given that said character hasn't even set foot on the show. Maybe it was, but it's intended to be a mystery.

I think that based on this, it looks pretty clear. https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCall...do_the_season_two_episode_titles_mean_theyre/

I suppose it is possible that the entire thing is a red herring meant to throw the fans off track, but I doubt it. We all know that Gus is going to appear sooner or later, and based on what we know, it makes a ton of sense that he would be the one to leave the note.

I think that based on this, it looks pretty clear. https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCall...do_the_season_two_episode_titles_mean_theyre/

I suppose it is possible that the entire thing is a red herring meant to throw the fans off track, but I doubt it. We all know that Gus is going to appear sooner or later, and based on what we know, it makes a ton of sense that he would be the one to leave the note.

For me it has as much to do with how it went down plus that Reddit. No one gets the drop on Mike. Fring was as slick and smart as they come. I don't see there being another character that smart between Mike and Fring. It's certainly possible it was someone else but it's gotta be Fring.

Now that I see the name in print, Fring was the overwhelming choice of fans who voted right after the episode aired, fwiw.

You guys are probably right. I haven't watched the first 3 years of BB so I don't really know much about Gus Fring at all or his relationship w/Mike.

You guys are probably right. I haven't watched the first 3 years of BB so I don't really know much about Gus Fring at all or his relationship w/Mike.
I'm not really arguing against it being Fring, just that it's quite a leap with this mystery person not having appeared on the show. Unless it's the gun dealer, which it isn't.

It makes sense if it's Gus.

But if it is, they'll have to show some back story on how/why he picked up on Mike. Otherwise it doesn't really fit.

So does Chuck get Jimmy barred and he then has to change his name and move?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how he changes his name but still practices law in the same area.

I would guess someone from Gus's team rather than Gus, He's not really the track someone in the middle of the desert type. I'm thinking Gus has a Mike before Mike became Gus's Mike.

Also, is it coincidence that Nacho stayed in the way?

I would say it had to be. Nacho didn't know that Mike was going to take out Salamanca. Even if he did, he could not know where Mike was set up to take the shot.

It makes sense if it's Gus.

But if it is, they'll have to show some back story on how/why he picked up on Mike. Otherwise it doesn't really fit.

So does Chuck get Jimmy barred and he then has to change his name and move?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how he changes his name but still practices law in the same area.

I suspect they will show us that Gus picked up on Mike shadowing Salamanca, because Gus was also keeping tabs on the Salamancas.

On Jimmy, my guess would be that he is charged with a felony and goes to trial. Somehow he manages to be found not guilty on some technicality, but his name is well known in the area and no one trusts him.

I would guess someone from Gus's team rather than Gus, He's not really the track someone in the middle of the desert type. I'm thinking Gus has a Mike before Mike became Gus's Mike.

Maybe.

Or, maybe Gus used to be a..track someone in the middle of the desert type...until he found someone he could trust to do the dirty work for him. Good chance that Gus doesn't even have a team yet. I suspect that the Salamancas don't even know that he is in the area yet.

During the post-season show, Banks was asked why he thought Mike didn't go ahead and take out Salamanca by just shooting through Nacho since his rifle easily would have done so. He answered that he, Mike, isn't "there," yet. He will be a "stone-cold killer" later, but not yet. Sounds like Mike has some seriously messed up situations heading his way.

I think the only thing that can push him farther over the edge is for something bad to happen to his granddaughter. Then, all bets are off; he will do anything.

In the meantime, I have five years of BrBa to watch during the next 42 weeks. My sons have trying to get me started on it since it's first season.

The Smothers Brothers comedy/music team on TV in the 60's and 70's came to mind during the opening scene Monday night. (Anyone less than about 50 can stop reading here.) They fought all the time and every argument ended with Tommy telling Dickie, "Mom always liked you best."

That's the crux of Chuck's intense hatred of Jimmy. Chuck busted his butt to be a great son and a great student and a great lawyer while Jimmy was the perpetual f-up and didn't care that he was because Mommy always loved him best.

Chuck refusing to admit that "Jimmy" was the last word their mother ever said tore my guts out and then set them on fire when Jimmy confessed that Chuck had been right about him transposing the '6' and the '1.' F. U. Chuck.

I would say it had to be. Nacho didn't know that Mike was going to take out Salamanca. Even if he did, he could not know where Mike was set up to take the shot.

Most likely true, but it would not suprise me if Gus hasn't already recruited Nacho (is he in BB?). Nacho wants out and is a pretty decent muscle hire, and had the goods on Gus's enemy. Nacho was the only thing that saved Hector. The honking horn came way too late to save him. If Gus or Gus's man knew where Mike was he might have been able to get that to Nacho. Theres a lot of build up and mutual respect between Mike and Nacho, ending up teammates makes sense. Nacho getting murdered later may be part of what turns Mike.

I concur that the note was most likely left by Gustavo. I think Jimmy certainly avoids prosecution; maybe his name change to Saul Goodman results form a deal with Chuck? Something is going to happen to Chuck next season I imagine. How else to explain his complete absence from the run of Breaking Bad? Kim too, obviously.

Mike remains my favorite character from both Breaking Bad and BCS.

I concur that the note was most likely left by Gustavo. I think Jimmy certainly avoids prosecution; maybe his name change to Saul Goodman results form a deal with Chuck? Something is going to happen to Chuck next season I imagine. How else to explain his complete absence from the run of Breaking Bad? Kim too, obviously.

Mike remains my favorite character from both Breaking Bad and BCS.

Throughout this season, at the end of every episode, I was thinking "More Mike, please". He is such a fantastic character.

I'm not sure how long they will drag out Chuck and Kim. I thought the head to the counter might be the end of Chuck, but obviously not. I figure that before BCS runs its course, Chuck will die. Maybe Kim leaves Albuquerque and we will get to see Jimmy get back in touch with her in the post BB scenes where he is working at the Cinnabon. I would agree that it is unlikely that she was still around during the BB days.

I agree it is likely either Gus Fring or one of his associates that leaves the note on Mike's car. There are several characters that do not appear in BB. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are all dead, of course, but it does provide some clues about what happens before the events of BB. Chuck, Kim, and Nacho have already been mentioned. Mike's daughter-in-law is not in BB as far as I can remember. I think he mentions leaving $ for his granddaughter, so we presume she is still alive. No Howard Hamlin either, but I doubt that is relevant.

Jimmy's a "real" lawyer. He went to night school (as did Kim) got his degree and in the first season celebrated passing the bar exam with Kim - the results of which are posted publicly at the state bar's site and in every courthouse in the state. The HHM law firm knew that Jimmy passed the bar exam and was licensed. That is why Hamlin was running interference, pretending that he was the obstacle (his dislike of Jimmy) was the reason they would never consider him for a position with the firm, when we now know it was Chuck.

Without him being able to prove he was a member of the bar, he couldn't have picked up assignment from the public defenders office or appear in court. (That's a prerequisite to making a court appearance.)

Chuck would have NEVER let him allow him to represent himself as an attorney, if he wasn't licensed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT